All reviews home grown homemade granola filtered water hammock area yoga sessions pigeon point outdoor jacuzzi flying fish pool side store bay garden room close to the airport breakfast and dinner free shuttle the air conditioning home away from home herbs
Reviewed 10 May 2016

I stayed here on a mother-daughter trip in April. Very well located - you can walk from the airport if you desire and it is close enough to the beach as well so if you have no desire to go further than Store Bay or Pigeon Point, you do not need to rent a car. The cabanas were comfy, though my bed had a very faint urine odor. Very quiet and serene and good if you are travelling as a group. The breakfast was the real winner and I looked forward to the fresh and wholesome breakfast every day of my stay.

Be aware that the rooms do not come with any televisions and you have a lounge, which is not that comfortable if you really want to take in the news or any tv programme. I guess the aim is really to unwind, disconnect and relax.

A bit of an older crowd generally, but it suited my needs at the time. I would stay again.

Room Tip: The garden rooms are to the back and quieter but I found that area too isolated for me. Much prefer the pool rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

This is not for families or those looking for 4 star experience as more earthy, rustic, but the pool is nice albeit small. Very very close to the airport so every time a plane takes off or land that is very noisy. So not our idea of quaint so we left and changed hotels without staying the night. They were nice and gave us credit for one of our four nights, however I didn't think that was fair as they don't let you know you'll find nature in your room. The food is DELICIOUS, Highly recommend eating there.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited just a few days ago and the accommodation was perfect. We stayed 2 nights and was not disappointed at all. Food was very tasty, healthy and enjoyable. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The surroundings were well kept and clean. We loved the jacuzzi with the waterfall . It's location is walking distance from the night life in tobago lots of food and liming places available nearby. Our overall stay at Kariwak was perfect, we really love this place. Keep up the good work......

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2016

I did not know what to expect, but everyone nodded enthusiastically when they heard my hotel choice. It didn't disappoint. The rooms are simple, no distractions (TV, clock); no amenities (coffee maker). Just a bed and chairs to relax in. I didn't know that I needed to decompress until day 2 of my stay. Its calm and charm sneaks up on you. Kariwak is a place that not every traveller will appreciate (and thank goodness for that). I loved the free yoga, the creole food, the staff who genuinely enjoyed interacting with us. The hammocks were a welcome plus. And the secret jacuzzi!
I liked that locals and foreigners both stayed at this place. I liked that you had to go out of your room to get food and drink. People limed at the bar and chatted with their fellow guests. I'm not surprised that the place has been in business for 30 years. Many people I talked with were repeat guests. I certainly will be one of them too.

Room Tip: Garden Rooms are quiet but windowless. Pool Rooms are bright.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

I've been here about 3 times and that's because it really is an amazing getaway. Really great facilities with an island feel. Great privacy and the pool/Jacuzzi is really neatly put with great flora decorating it. The only thing is the Jacuzzi doesn't have warm water but throughout the day the sun heats it up to good comfort. There are hammocks all over to relax in, lots of exploring to do and they have a garden that they use produce from...natural and healthy food.
The restaurant is amazing and cost effective.
I will always opt to go here whenever I'm in Tobago. Really very amazing.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family