See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 December 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our family 4 years ago and of course wanted to go back there again 2 weeks ago. I was warned by Karen about the renovations being done, but I still chose to stay there. The location is excellent, the sense of being safe-you cannot put a price on that! Our every need was met and then to top it all she did not want us to pay, due to the discomfort she thought we endured. It is on the main drag and it was fun to sit on the balcony at night and have drinks while checking out the scene!!!!
Thanks again Karen and Joslin, see you next year!!!!!

Room Tip: If you want personal care and a sense of safety for your family, this is it!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kaye N
Reviewed 9 November 2012

5 years ago I stayed at Kia’s with my boyfriend at the time. We were so impressed we told all of our friends about it and vowed to return one day (I even wrote a review!). This past week we were able to make good on our promise, spending the second part of our honeymoon at Kia’s again. As we pulled up though, the first thing that I noticed was a small restaurant on the premises that wasn’t there before. I feared that my awesome little find of 5 years ago may have changed or gotten too big. My fears were all erased within the first hour. Kias was exactly as I remembered it! Lots of greenery. Our room was bright and airy. Mike’s a bit of a germaphobe, so he/we appreciate the small staff’s attention to detail. Even the local food that they serve in the new restaurant was tasty and fit Kia’s vibe to a tee. I still recommend Kia’s for anyone looking for a cool guesthouse in Crown Point.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, go one of the two studio apartments.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2012

As a person who lived in Trinidad and knows what is a good standard of living here, I don´t understand all the bad reviews....perfect location, everyone can choose what suits them the best. The guest room clean, kitchen had all I needed, the housekeeper perfect help!, even have an ironing board! Well those who come from Europe or US, gotta know there are typical lamel-windows so the room is NOT hermetically closed and therefore at night there might be mosquitoes (but u have a net over bed, hello tropics, cool!) and u will feel like sleeping under the open sky..u will hear EVERYTHING frm the street. So take eyer plugs if u mind. Wifi poor, but is free, LOVELY garden to have breakfast (but have to walk around the house). AC working perfectly!!!! even fan on ceiling. 1Min from Storebay, awsome, walkable to airport. I recommend the guest room with shared fecillities, was there with a kid and no problem. If u studied and lived at Uni dorms, u will have a nice reminder of old times.....

Room Tip: guest room ok for those who dont want to stay for 2 weeks and enjoy look at ocean or such crap
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank blanka s
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My boyfriend and I booked a double room with Kia's about 6 weeks in advance of our Tobago trip. We were in direct email contact with Karen (owner) as i prefer not to book with third pary sites. Having grown up in Trinidad, I am familiar with the offerings of guest houses in the region and was expecting a basic but functional room for the price - reinforced by the negative reviews on this site. However, the level of incompetence and blatant disregard demonstrated to us by the caretaker/receptionist and the owner was truly appalling.

Firstly, our flight was delayed almost 7 hours in the UK. I emailed Karen (owner) to inform her of the change and let her know that we would be arriving a bit later. She responded quickly letting us know that was all fine and that a woman named Jocelyn would be available to meet us at the accommodation. When we arrived however, Jocelyn was nowhere to be found as there is no reception area/ or label to signpost check in. We spent about 20 minutes searching before Jocelyn appeared and informed us that the room we had booked was no longer available and that only a studio flat (more expensive) was available - for one night instead of the two that we had booked! Furthermore, she was hesitant to let us into the room as she wasn't sure whether it had already been booked for someone else...! Furious and incredibly tired after a full day in the airport and flying, I managed to argue our way into the room at the same price we had booked the original room as we were in no position to go room-hunting with all our luggage at 9pm at night.

The following morning we were fortunate to meet a woman label refrered us to another guest house where we are currently staying. When we returned our room keys to Jocelyn, she made a point of letting us know the studio was more expensive than our originally booked double room and that she had been very gracious to allow us to stay in it for the night at the same price. I couldn't believe she was still trying to get some money out of us afte all that. Surely this should be a fundamental approach in hospitality?

Anyway, after such a terrible experience, I really cannot reiterate what terrible service this is. Would not reccomend and will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Dm6407
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Booked for a double room (with self catering) via web and sent payment required. Promised to be picked up from the port on arrival but no one there to meet us. We were waiting with another guest who had a phone and so called the Hotel to be told we should wait that the driver was on another job. All 3 of us eventually took a local taxi who delivered us to Kia's where we waited for about 30 minutes before being greeted by the owner. Finally shown to our room which was facing the main road so noisy traffic was a great problem as was the loud music from a shop across the road and of course building works!! Karen called the police about the loud music but they were not interested...she got me to speak to the cops who thought I was just a moaning guest. After staying for 2 nights (to cancel off the pre-payment we had made) we found alternative accommodation nearby, much more comfortable and for the same price, and moved there for the remainder of our 2 week holiday. EWould not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: No redeeming features except to say Karen was understanding when the faults were pointed out. She did not fuss or compel us to stay for the 2 weeks that we had reserved initially.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple