See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This was my seventh visit to Tobago and my first stay at Kia's. In my view, it is important, when reviewing the experience of a traveller with accommodations, to reflect on the traveller's expectations. In my case, I was looking for simple accommodations at a modest price, a place that was central (within walking distance to most places in Crown Point), a room that was clean, comfortable (including air conditioning) and that offered the possibility of cooking simple meals, access to the internet through wi-fi, and staff who were welcoming but not intrusive. All of my expectations were met. While I agree with some of the negative comments posted by other travellers (for example, the noise level due to the proximity of the guest house to the main "drag" in Crown Point, the limited amount of appliances and cookware), the spirit of hospitality extended by Karen and her staff compensated for any shortcomings in these areas. I was also pleased with the food and service at the Garden Cafe - excellent value for money. If the opportunity presents itself, I would return to Kia's on future visits to Tobago. Thanks, Karen, and please pass on my thanks to your staff. Hello to Kia as well.

Room Tip: One bedroom apartment upstairs is much roomier than the studio and offers more extensive cooking facilities.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank JDCTobago
Reviewed 4 September 2011

My husband and i arrived on the island at 6 am got around to Kias at 7 and was in our room at 8:30am. Fantastic service, we had breakfast and it was so good! Also I loved the roosters that were strutting around!

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank kittendior
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We arrived at 11am and was able to get into the room at 1:30pm, in the beginning we received great treatment and friendly service, but as time went by, things got worse and worse, the kitchen in the studio we got for $80 Usd per night was very unclean and we were afraid to use any of the utensils or any of the few pots and pans. There was no light in the kitchen, there was hot water only one night, the towels were threadbare and the sheets on the bed and pull out sofa were so thin and threadbare it barely kept us warm. The mattresses were so worn and thin...wait, did I say mattresses? The bathroom was filthy and stained everywhere and we were afraid to touch anything. We left a message for Jocelyn to please clean our room and make up the beds and get us some clean towels, but she did not respond, when she saw us the next day, she had an excuse that she left her phone in her room. The restaurant is expensive and caters to European tastes. The noise from traffic was very, very loud, people be warned you will not get ANY sleep while you are there, this was Definitely the worst 2 nights we have spent in maybe 10 years of vacationing. We could not wait to leave and If you have money and time to throw away then please go to Kias!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Wistfultraveler1024
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Perfect location - only some minutes from Store Bay Beach and even more close to many reastaurants. We had late dinner at Kia's restaurant and it was delicious. As well as breakfast. During our stay they had some problems with water - there was no water at all. It was very uncomfortable but the owner came to us and explained the situation, also repaid us part of room rate. We had a room without air conditioner but for one night it was ok.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Gluu
Reviewed 5 March 2011

Although Tobago itself did not seem like striking location, Kia's helped to keep my memory of Tobago nice. Owner is great, staff is very helpful and Kia is adorable! Restaurant is serving some gret dishes, just had tasty lobster and home made coconut icecream - thank you Karen!
Location is good, beach is really close.
My rate for this place is excellent, only one small remark - try to get wifi to be stable in all rooms.
Thanks Kia's!