Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 May 2019

There are 2 sections to this hotel, rooms located in the main building and what appears to be a newer section. I was not fortunate to stay in the newer section but the main building. Firstly, we were offered an apartment upstairs the main building which was very run down, out dated and dingy looking. the other option for us were an apartment downstairs the main building, which was ok but the tv never worked and to make matters worse, over the 4 days I stayed no one came to clean the room or changed the towels. The bathroom was another story, it was as if I was staying in a village with an out house. totally disappointed.

Date of stay: June 2018
Bananaquit T, Manager at Bananaquit Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2019

Sorry you were disappointed, but our budget studios are really advertised as basic rooms and they are located in the old wing. They are targeted toward the budget traveler, so we do not advertise these with any frills, nor is it advertised with TV. The small tv was just placed in there because the previous guest had requested to see something specific. It would have been good that you called us if you were unable to get it to power on as it does work.
As quoted on the regulations you signed, we do not provide daily cleaning unless specifically requested by the guest, or the guest is staying more than three nights. Only a light service is provided i,e toiletries replenished and garbage removed unless you specifically request further service. Additionally, you were informed that towels are only changed after every third night if guest staying more than 4 nights. Once again, you can request a linen change, but this is usually not necessary once our towels are not used at the beach as stated. We do have beach towels for rent at reception.
You are welcome to request our signature and standard studios if you are looking for something more upscale with more amenities.

Reviewed 7 May 2019

First time staying here and would stay again. If you are looking for a budget option that is convenient (I walked over from the airport!), clean, and quiet, Banananquit is a great choice. Candance and Rachel were friendly and attentive to any questions or requests. Only thing missing for me was a pool but of course I knew when I booked that it did not have one. Loved the little outdoor library next to my room. Breakfast upstairs at A Time to Wine was delicious and convenient too.

Room tip: I had the signature studio and loved it. Nice kitchenette and convenient on ground floor.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank SimoneoBK
Bananaquit T, Manager at Bananaquit Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad our efforts helped to make your stay with us a comfortable and enjoyable one. We hope to see you return to Tobago.

Reviewed 29 April 2019 via mobile

I stayed at this little spot for 5 nights 6 days with my partner and really enjoyed the convenience of being centrally located to bars, shopping and the beaches. The manger was very friendly and answered all questions that were asked. The room was clean, a bit of updating could be done as there was a very wobbly toilet in the room but alas nothing super annoying. A nice little fridge, cutlery, dishes and two burner stovetop furnished the kitchen area,along with a microwave which came in useful for leftover reheating. Clean, strong water pressure and a tidy room was met each time we left the apt.and came back thanks to housekeeping. The breakfast package we included was good. Nice morning breakfasts upstairs at Time to Wine restaurant..and lovely little visits from the birds. I will recommend staying here for those on a budget. A nice little spot, clean rooms and check in and out was easy. We even got mangoes from the julie mango
tree which made up for that wonky little toilet. Will visit again, nice little joint.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank asiloj
Bananaquit T, Manager at Bananaquit Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2019

Thank you very much for the feedback, much appreciated, especially for informing us about the toilet. We will certainly deal with that little wonky toilet :)

Reviewed 18 January 2019 via mobile

Bananaquit is within a short (less than 5 minute) walk from airport in Tobago. Easy check-in. I stayed in #2, very nice on a budget level. Large refrigerator and many tools for cooking (toaster oven, hot plates, micro, etc.) The shower was the best I have ever had, anywhere - fire hose water pressure - great after a day diving! Customer service was wonderful answering my questions before arrival and being able to leave my luggage in office after AM arrival. Mini-mart and fruit/veggie stand on corner, 4 minute walk to Fort Milford which is a nice place to watch fishing pelicans from a shady bench. Clean and tidy.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank StephanieD05
tobagobeyond, Manager at Bananaquit Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2019

It was lovely to have you with us. We are glad we could make your stay an enjoyable one.

Reviewed 9 December 2018 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed at Bananaquit, it is clean, close to the best beaches, shops, and restaurants. Rachel and employees were very helpful and professional. Also offer a great breakfast. Highly recommended!!

Date of stay: December 2018