“Afternoon tea”
Review of Pillaton Tea Room

Pillaton Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Penkridge
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 13
Description: We are a family run Garden Centre & Tea Room serving freshly cooked breakfasts and a fantastic lunch menu. All of our food is homemade by us in the Tea Room. We pride ourselves on our great tasting, reasonably priced, drinks and food. Our customer service is fantastic and each and every customer is important to us. We provide homemade vegetarian and gluten-free meals also every day. If you have any dietary requirements just give us a call and we will do our upmost to accommodate you and your needs. We have the most fantastic homemade afternoon tea packages served July-April bookings only. We also regular charitable events and evenings not to be missed, check out our website for more information. Don't take our word for it come and try us for yourself. See you soon.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely afternoon tea here for my sisters birthday. Sandwiches were fresh and the scones were delicious. Had a glass of fizz each and a huge pot of tea!! Coleslaw was delish too. It was busy so I would recommend booking. Lots of people go for the home cooked hot lunches. My mum was in a wheelchair and it was fully accessible with disabled toilets. I have had better afternoon teas although this was a traditional one and very nice.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Booked this as a treat for my Mother and me.. I can honestly say that it's possibly the best Afternoon Tea that I've had in the last couple of years. The sandwiches were all gorgeous we had unlimited tea and it wasn't one of those places you had to ask the staff were really attentive and kept us topped up! The cakes you could tell were all homemade and beautiful.. Battenburg was yummy favourite and to have a homemade one is very unusual another plus point.. All this for £12.99 each.. I don't think that you can grumble for this at all seeing as I've paid a lot more and walked away disappointed at other places. If you are looking to go for Afternoon Tea then I'd definitely recommend the girls at Pillaton.. Totally deserved the 5 stars xx

1  Thank Slaterpotato
Reviewed 28 March 2018

I visited recently with a large group for lunch. The staff were friendly and helpful, and we were served quickly. My toasted sandwich was delicious! Lovely decor and really nice surroundings. Highly recommended and will definitely return.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely love a visit to the tea rooms, lovely atmosphere and the staff are brilliant. The breakfasts are amazing and the cakes I can’t even find the words. Would recommend to anyone without a doubt.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We have visited pillaton on several occasions both for gardening and more importantly eating and drinking!! Had a delicious home cooked "full" english and also a light lunch on another visit. Both were excellent! Cooked superbly and served in a friendly and professional manner. Coulf not fault our visits and will be going again soon!!