Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews other guests saturday and sunday spiritual awakening ayurvedic centre whole atmosphere lifetime experience authentic experience early morning classes asana practice ashram chanting philosophy teacher knowledge body
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 October 2021

I was in search for a place where I can improve my yoga abilitt, flexibility, stamina and above all at peace with mind. I looked for other places but at last again at SWAN Yoga Retreat at Assagao Goa.
I loved the place at the very go. the energy was great and the whole atmosphere was very peaceful. the cottage was basic but clean and spacious with attached bathroom. the early morning meditation was the foundation of a great week and i gained so much than i was looking for. not only the asana classes helped me loosing some weight but also pranayama and meditation including oga nidra and taratala helped me in developing concentration and focus. however, to me, the best learning part was the philosophy classes and both teachers Gyanmitra Ji and Shivendra Ji are so knowledgeable and experienced. Saturday and sunday havan were so energising and brought a certain calmness to my mind. The food is mouth watering home style and it’s a vegetarian’s paradise. they also have the ayurvedic centre but unfortunately i could not avail the services whereas other guests were raving about the massages. so a 10 out of 10 from my side.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2021 via mobile

A spiritual gem hidden in the jungle of assagao. I loved my stay there, twice. A real spiritual awakening. Very deep knowledge of yoga. Really an eye opener that how little we know, at least me, about yoga and how yoga can change our life in a very productive way.
My first visit was only for 3 days and I decided to stay for a week on my second visit. I may come back again.
Highly recommended.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2021

Like all even I have been working from home this pandemic, and I was looking for a yoga retreat away. Traveling to a different part of the country didnt make sense but I then found SWAN, and they did weekend retreats just perfect for the working lot. I got to learn and practice not just about the yoga asanas and kriyas at the ashram but got an exposure to authentic indic sciences and touched base with the vedas as well. The teachers were very thorough and I personally enjoyed the discussions, there was so much of knowledge to take in. The ashram was just a whole another dimension for me. The location of this place and set up makes you forget the concrete jungles and helps you connect with nature and earth again. The food and hospitality was great, listening to Krishna Das in the lounge would really uplift my spirits. The highlight for me was participating in the evening havans, not sure if it was the chanting, fire wash or just the energy of the place it really helped to take away all the stress. I could only wish to spend here more time.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank siddeshwarv2019
Shiv K, Owner at SWAN Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2021

Hari Om Blessed Soul,

Thank you for rating and reviewing SWAN Yoga Retreat. We are glad to know that by staying at our ashram, SWAN helped your life become more spiritual and peaceful.

Reviewed 14 March 2021

We recently.spent a week at Swan Yoga Retreat & it has been a fascinating experience to say the least.

Right from the time we arrived at the retreat, we felt welcomed, and at home.. The place is rustic, yet serene.. from the reception to the Yoga Shaala, Dining area, Ayurveda center, cottages, everything seemed to gel in harmony.. Starting with meditation, asanas, kriyas, havan and more, each day is learning & blissful.

All members of the retreat are amazingly friendly.. Gyan Mitra ji and Shivendra ji are great teachers and extremely insightful .. we would spend hours in meaningful discussions through the day.. Overall, a once in lifetime experience that we would like to repeat multiple times!

Thank you Swan!

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 March 2020 via mobile

Run by lovely people on an ashram basis this place is the real deal.

We had a luxury cottage which was comfortable with an en-suite, ceiling fan and mosquito net - albeit not much more!

The yoga started with meditation at 6am with the added benefit of a lovely sunrise. Classes and activities throughout the day kept us busy. Quite tough for us as we are a couple in our 60’s!

The food was good and the fake beach and juice bar a nice touch.

Located in the jungle but with some nice walks, cafes and restaurants in the the area it’s a great place to stay.

Go and experience the yoga and more

Date of stay: March 2020