All reviews morning meditation vegetarian food daily schedule ayurvedic treatments deluxe cottage vinyasa flow amazing week each afternoon guided meditation am thankful fake beach beautiful jungle spent a week peaceful environment an open mind budget bungalow meditation practice
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Turning my mind back to Swan, I can feel the days to be so healthy. The restless me had been there without fears and escapes. Living in Swan is something very different 'cause it not only gives you health, peace and positivity but also it pays you with aroma of self realization with practicality. The beauty of nature and harmony all around could be best seen in Swan. The people in Swan seem like they are all part of the same root. Talking about food to the whole way of living, each section is beautiful. Moreover, waking up early and moving towards every single day is amazing. Astoundingly designed, it pays you happiness with doing Yoga and its philosophy. It teaches you the way of living with positivity. The whole experience of Swan is impossible to define. One must come and feel the real aura situated there.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank PriyaJ405
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Went there seeking for information about doing the activities as I’m staying in a home stay. First the swami at reception answering my questions was rude, when I asked a question he said: what do you think? Anyway, Then someone else came and said that he would send me a message regarding prices, another day passed... I went to the Fire cerimony and no one was there to receive us so I have to walk around... spoke to the same person who said that he needed to ask someone else in dheli so I said ok let me know tonight so I have time to start the program tomorrow.
Next day he just sent me the contact details from the person in dheli and said for me to get in touch with her as she is the one who organises the activities.
Anyway, 3 days have passed and after all this I’m good starting any activities there. Customer service really needs to be improved as this is not a cheap retreat! One should be able to give all the info when someone walks in asking for it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Juliana A
Reviewed 10 March 2018

As they say, the body and mind of human body suits itself as per the environment. And when you get the environment clean and pure, the mind becomes calm. Just like the way I experienced in Swan. The beauty of nature and the environment made me so calm. I used to get angry and rage on small things, but after staying at Swan I believed I can change. Not only the environment, but people there were so friendly and happy that it didn't feel like I am away. It felt like family. While attending the sessions of asanas, meditation and karma yoga, I was becoming calm and still like an ocean. The way and style of teaching yoga of the teachers were marvelous. I was beginning to learn yoga to its core. The relation of mind, body and soul. The sessions helped me to reach my inner self, to know myself better that what I am and what I can be. The cottages were quite spacious and good. I enjoyed the sessions, especially the karma yoga as I went there during diwali, I loved to do karma yoga for the decoration of the temple inside swan. It really changed me. The food was quite delicious as well. I loved my stay at Swan. I hope to visit Swan again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank TuvijaatP
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Dear swan yoga team, I am thankful for an amazing week I spent with you! The program and the team was very diverse, we did asanas twice a day, morning meditation, yoga nidra, candle flame gazing, chanting.... due to the different styles of the teachers, everyone will have an experience that speaks to their heart and I enjoyed each and every session! The food is very healthy yet tasty - although a delicious seafood cheat at anjuna beach was part of my personal treatment :) the people who were at swan during my stay were a wonderful crowd and we formed a strong group, laughed and talked a lot. I highly recommend this place to everyone, couple or single, old or young!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank Sarah_Grete
Reviewed 8 March 2018

This is my first review on TripAdvisor, but I need to tell people my experience so they don't waste their money.
My mate and I had spent a month travelling India, We read so many positive reviews and were really looking forward to a relaxing week of yoga and good company before we left. We are easy going folk and had been used to roughing it and the Indian ways. I had also spent a week in a yoga retreat on a farm in Karnataka so knew how it worked. We had had a great adventure, but unfortunately Swan was the dark spot in this experience.

Staff - The major issue for me are the teachers. They are preachy and condescending. One in particular seems to be constantly arguing with someone. You get the sense that you are less than, that as a Westerner you are unenlightened and just a walking wallet. They take very little care in getting to know the person unless you fit into their mould of what good looks like. The opposite of what yoga practice is to me. Myself and my friend felt like unwelcome as we were beginners.

Money - we were pushed to go for aryuvedic treatments, and the pricing structure is complex so you don't know what you are paying.. The also overcharged me for a taxi, and in general i felt like money was everything here. They also made us pay in advance for the stay, and it's really complex, you can't use and atm and are charged 8% interest for paypal. Call them before you decide to go. One day we saw a group of businessmen int he main looking at plans for expansion. No problem with that but it just added to the sense that this is a goldmine. It's not what you expect to see from a place like this.

Taxis - intermittent. They don't seem to like you leaving the place, but it is so cut off, to my mind so you can spend as much money as possible.

Energy - there is a strange vibe in this place, like you are a nuisance. A few of us felt it there but were almost afraid to say what we thought about it. Hard to explain but I didn't feel welcome. If we asked to book taxis or question class times we were met with rudeness. Customer service is a huge issue here and the best people there are the the ones doing karma yoga i.e. working for free for room and board.

Water - unless you are in a deluxe cabin there is either no water or cold water in the morning. This is fine once or twice but after a week it's tiresome.

Pujas - they are inauthentic done for tourists. all seems super fake and just something to get through rather than a real experience. Plastic.

Kunjal Kriya - without any fasting they asked us to perform this, I didn't attend as this should not be done without proper fasting. We had eating a full meal the night before and were given no time to do this. Seems maschocistic and people did not feel the benefits.

Other staff - some were really nice, but one guy stared inappropriately and asked another visitor if she had a boyfriend when she was getting a massage. She felt really uncomfortable and complained. The staff dismissed it saying he was just like that. Many people come here as a safe haven from what can be an invasive male gaze so this was unacceptable.

WIFI - rarely worked. A real problem for people visiting for a few days. Not essential but an annoyance.

Food - The food is delicious. Really different every day.

Also -There is one great (visiting) yoga teacher who usually does the afternoon class. He is genuine. He also apologised to me about the service here at the end of the week.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends