Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews other guests saturday and sunday spiritual awakening ayurvedic centre whole atmosphere lifetime experience authentic experience early morning classes asana practice ashram chanting philosophy teacher knowledge body
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2016

Having met alot of backpackers who'd done yoga in Goa we thought 'why not?', typed 'cheap yoga' into google and a few days later found ourselves stumbling off an overnight train into the beautiful haven that is SWAN. To say it blew us away would be a rude understatement. Not only is the setting sublime; but the amount of education, the intellectual stimulation, quality of the classes, the food (oh god the food!!) and genuine nature of the people at SWAN ensured the experience there was truly meaningful. The entire establishement has been made consciously to ensure you are able to completely relax, push yourself and immerse yourself in a truly peaceful state of mind. We were a little scared to be flooded with Lululemon and stylish activewear, but what we expereinced was far removed from the intimidating 'yogis' that hang around drinking coffe out the front of my gym. I cannot vouch for SWAN enough. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. (And even my couch-potato boyfriend had to be dragged away!). Can't wait to come back.

Room tip: the budget rooms were still very beautiful
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bonnie S
TeamSWANYoga, Guest Relations Manager at SWAN Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2020

Hari Om Blessed Soul,

Thank you for rating and reviewing SWAN Yoga Retreat. We are glad to know that by staying at our ashram, SWAN helped your life become more spiritual and peaceful.

Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Swan Yoga Retreat for ten days in early January. Coming directly from Australia with another friend at the start of our extended visit to India, we found Swan the perfect place to recharge our batteries and to deepen our knowledge of yoga. The accommodation was comfortable and spacious and we had our own little bungalow with private balcony. The food at Swan is vegetarian, wholesome and delicious. We were never hungry. The daily schedule provides plenty of variety in the way of yoga practices and the teachers are really committed to yoga as a way of life. However, if at any time, one feels they need to sleep in or skip an activity, there is no pressure. Each person is able to work at their own level. Other things worth mentioning are the beautiful ceremonies in the evenings, yoga nidra and the yoga philosophy talks. Of course, it is also lovely to meet all the other yogis and to relax at the juice bar to have a chat.
Shivendra also organised some outings to local attractions and we really enjoyed the boat trip, spice farm trip and the early morning beach meditations.
I mustn't forget to mention the wonderful Ayurvedic treatments we had while we were there, following a consultation with the Ayurvedic doctor. These treatments were authentic, not the touristic kind you sometimes find at other holiday places in India. We left Swan feeling rejuvenated and really healthy, in mind, body and spirit.
I would really recommend Swan Yoga Retreat and would love to come back at some time in the future.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dejavumarg

Reviewed 15 January 2016

I arrived at SWAN thinking I knew a lot about yoga, but turns out I knew very little. After practicing yoga for 2 years, for the first time, I actually started to understand the philosophy and principles which underlie yoga and meditation. This was thanks to SWAN. I cannot sum up the experience I had a SWAN in just a few words. What I can say though, is that it exceeded all my expectations. My spiritual journey started at SWAN and I will continue to be on it for the rest of my life. The lessons I learnt from Om, Gyanmitra and Shivendra were invaluable. All three of them had so much time to give, so much love and so much wisdom. It was one of the most profound experiences of my life and I will always be grateful for what I learnt at SWAN. It is a place where you learn to just 'be' and where you get to feed your mind, body and soul.

Everything from the yoga, mediation, philosophical talks to the food and accommodation was amazing. The food was outstanding. The best vegetarian meals I have had. The rooms are also extremely comfortable.

SWAN is a tranquil, beautiful place and you can feel the powerful energies from the moment you step inside. It was a fantastic, holistic and life changing experience for me and I will definitely be back soon :) Thank you SWAN! Hare Om!

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank EmilyEvans44

Reviewed 8 January 2016

I stayed at SWAN for two weeks at the beginning of December. I wanted a holistic experience and what I experienced far exceeded my expectations. It is truly a magical place with wonderful people who really care and endeavour to make your stay comfortable. I learnt so much staying here and even the tranquil atmosphere brought me so much peace. I loved every second and was heartbroken to leave. I will definitely be returning in the future and have recommended it all those nearest and dearest. If you are looking for somewhere to relax and escape the madness of it all and somewhere to expand yourself then go with an open-mind and heart as you will gain so much from SWAN!

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank MeggenAKW

Reviewed 14 December 2015

Just came to to 'the everyday life' after three days (much too short!) in the timeless green oasis of Swan Yoga. It was simply a fantastic stay with meditation, yoga, delicious veg food, interesting talks with hosts and guests about spirituality/non-spirituality topics. Morning meditation at 6 AM is surprisingly (to me - I love to sleep in :)) refreshing and empowering for beginner and experienced yogis alike.

All in a calm and chilled out atmosphere, away from the touristy and 'noisy' parts of Goa - and still close enough to make a day/half-day trip to the beach, worthwile.

I give Swan my highest recommendations, and I look forward to coming back - for a longer stay :)!

Room tip: The Shree Radha and Shree Krishna rooms are very romantic and stylish
Date of stay: December 2015