Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews other guests saturday and sunday spiritual awakening ayurvedic centre whole atmosphere lifetime experience authentic experience early morning classes asana practice ashram chanting philosophy teacher knowledge body
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 January 2016

I stayed at SWAN for two weeks at the beginning of December. I wanted a holistic experience and what I experienced far exceeded my expectations. It is truly a magical place with wonderful people who really care and endeavour to make your stay comfortable. I learnt so much staying here and even the tranquil atmosphere brought me so much peace. I loved every second and was heartbroken to leave. I will definitely be returning in the future and have recommended it all those nearest and dearest. If you are looking for somewhere to relax and escape the madness of it all and somewhere to expand yourself then go with an open-mind and heart as you will gain so much from SWAN!

2  Thank MeggenAKW
TeamSWANYoga, Guest Relations Manager at SWAN Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2020

Hari Om Blessed Soul,

Thank you for rating and reviewing SWAN Yoga Retreat. We are glad to know that by staying at our ashram, SWAN helped your life become more spiritual and peaceful.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

Just came to to 'the everyday life' after three days (much too short!) in the timeless green oasis of Swan Yoga. It was simply a fantastic stay with meditation, yoga, delicious veg food, interesting talks with hosts and guests about spirituality/non-spirituality topics. Morning meditation at 6 AM is surprisingly (to me - I love to sleep in :)) refreshing and empowering for beginner and experienced yogis alike.

All in a calm and chilled out atmosphere, away from the touristy and 'noisy' parts of Goa - and still close enough to make a day/half-day trip to the beach, worthwile.

I give Swan my highest recommendations, and I look forward to coming back - for a longer stay :)!

Room tip: The Shree Radha and Shree Krishna rooms are very romantic and stylish
2  Thank Ksingla

Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just finished 10 days at Swan Yoga and had such a good experience! If you are looking to do a yoga retreat in India you should choose Swan, for so many reasons. The guys who run the retreat are really passionate about yoga and truly live it. It's not just a business for them. They want every person who comes there to understand what yoga is truly about. They teach yoga comprehensively, explaining all the different practices and teaching you how to develop a routine and strategy for yourself. I cannot say enough good things about them. I'm so thankful for my experience there and left feeling like it might be one of the best and most important experiences I've had in all my travels. Also the rooms are really comfortable and the food is delicious and healthy. I would recommend going into the retreat completely open minded and ready to learn. I would also suggest to get there on a Friday as Gan gives a class on yoga philosophy on the weekends, which helped me understand all subsequent discussions and practices throughout the remainder of the week. Hope this helps!

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank xtinasm1

Reviewed 6 December 2015

I can higly recommend this place! But do not expect coming to a "normal" western style-yoga place when staying at Swan. Staying at Swan is not about taking one or two Yoga classes per day and have the rest of the day off for hanging around (Actually, you can do this whenever you want, but i wouldnt' recommend it, you'll miss a lot). They (i.d. the yoga teachers Gan Mitra, Shivendra, Om, Daya and the kitchen and cleaning staff etc.) do not only teach the physical yoga asanas that western people usually think this is yoga all about. For the Swan-Community Yoga is an attitude of life, a philosophy. They live it in their everyday life, from meditation and chanting early in the morning to the fire ceremonies in the evening; also the food (excellent and very varying, btw) is part of this system. I loved the seriousness of their attitude, the quietness and loveliness of the place, the conversations with the teachers, and i felt soon and quick integrated in the community. My absolute favourite was the mantra-chanting early in the morning, sitting all together around a fire in the temple. These chantings did have an amazing calming effect to my mind.
I just thought to myself sometimes that they could all take a little little more easier...and they should absoutely fix their Internet ;-)

Date of stay: October 2015

Reviewed 3 December 2015

I spent a week at Swan in April of 2014 - it was an amazing week that I wish I could have extended.
Preparations went very smoothly. I was traveling from Mumbai by bus, and had to catch a cab from Mapusa. Shivendra had given me his number which I called upon getting in the cab - language barrier and I had no idea where Swan was located. Super helpful.
Upon arriving I was shown to my room - I was given a two bed room to myself, even though I had paid the reduced fee for sharing with someone. I believe this was due to it being the slow season.
That being said, I was there before the monsoons hit - 100+ degrees each day, 100% humidity and no air conditioning. The night was difficult - I did have a fan in my cottage, but the breeze did no permeate my mosquito netting. I woke up each morning with bites on my hands, wrists and ankles because I unknowingly draped my hands and feet out the net to get some relief from the heat.
The food was delicious and varied. Indian, Italian, American... they had it all. And all fresh, local and hand prepared by loving staff. The meal hall also had wifi, which was very helpful in determining directions to new locations and planning out my further travels. Swan's location close to Mapusa is also great, but it is hidden away enough that there are no noises, traffic or people to bother you while you relax.
The Havan fire ceremonies were wonderful - a perfect way to end my first two days at the retreat, and get me in the mentality of healing and mindfulness.
They were able to procure me a scooter, which I used to explore the different beaches each afternoon. I believe it was the equivalent of $5USD per day.
Gyanmitra was wonderful in his teachings. I grew and learned more about yoga and meditation that I had ever expected I would.
If I return to Goa (I hope I will at some point) I will definitely return to Swan.

2  Thank leahpodz