Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews other guests saturday and sunday spiritual awakening ayurvedic centre whole atmosphere lifetime experience authentic experience early morning classes asana practice ashram chanting philosophy teacher knowledge body
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

Amazing place, amazing people, amazing food, totally exceeded my expectations, go with an open mind and heart,and listen, because these guys know what they're talking about, thanks again for sharing yer wonderful home, i loved every second!

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Mairead W
TeamSWANYoga, Guest Relations Manager at SWAN Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2020

Hari Om Blessed Soul,

Thank you for rating and reviewing SWAN Yoga Retreat. We are glad to know that by staying at our ashram, SWAN helped your life become more spiritual and peaceful.

Reviewed 19 October 2015

I entered SWAN with no expectations and left with plenty of good memories and a happy mind & body! Nature is plendid, the food is gorgeous and the teachers very knowledgeable. All the SWAN employees are Indians, which I find important.
The rooms are tastefully decorated and very clean.
The ambiance is friendly and genuine.
The program is varied and well organised.
Unfortunately the ayurvedic centre was not open yet.

Date of stay: October 2015
1  Thank vini-vizit
SWAN108, Manager at SWAN Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2015

Dear Blessed Self,

Thanks for your kind words.
We try to work with honesty and integrity to provide the best experience to all our guests.
Your inputs help us in making SWAN Yoga Retreat a place where people can experience yoga in it's totality. About our Ayurveda section being not operational, we are sorry. But you know it was just the beginning of the season and work was in progress to start it. We hope to see you soon in future, and we are sure you would love our Ayurveda treatments as much as you have loved the other things about the place. Sending warm regards to you from Team SWAN. We wish to see you soon again.

Hari Om Tat Sat

Reviewed 31 August 2015

At the end of last year I started my search for a place where I could do some yoga and rest for some time, as I wanted a break from my stressed lifestyle. Since I was going to travel on my own for the first time ever to India, I have to say I was a bit nervous... Swan yoga retreat was recommended to me by some friends who had stayed there, and I also did quite a lot of research online before I booked the two week package they offer. I was really happy that I chose to stay for two weeks, because pretty soon I realised one week would have been too short! About my experience at this yoga retreat in Goa, I can only say it has been fulfilling on all levels (and trust me i am not so easy to please!)
Every day started with morning meditations while it was still dark, and by the time you finish the meditation and open the eyes you see the beautiful sunrise from the yoga shala located at the top level of the property. I am definitely not a morning person, but this experience made me get up early everyday!
The asana classes in were mostly led by a lovely Indian woman called Daya, and sometimes a really cool guy called Om (yes, that's his name!). They're both really sweet people; always helpful and with a lot of experience. My previous yoga experience was limited to attending some yoga classes back home, but here I realised what I had been missing out on... The yoga philosophy classes were very helpful&interesting, and the teachers made it all so simple and understandable. And at Swan I felt like teaching is not just happening in the classes but basically anywhere… Like over dinner, at the juice bar or the “fake beach”, there could be a spontaneous discussion about some really deep spiritual topic. So cool.
I really loved how they are all deeply rooted in tradition and yet free spirits embracing all the joys of life guilt free…
And I have to mention one other thing I will never forget: the fire ceremonies they had every saturday and sunday evening were really something magical! This was one of the reasons I chose Swan, because I think they would be the only retreat offering something of this kind in Goa. I later realised that they're free for everyone who wants to join, so people came from other yoga retreats as well (like Purple Valley, which is just down the road). These ceremonies are really worth joining, they were so special my mind was totally calm after the chanting of the mantras, and I experienced a sense of deep relaxation within.
Anyways, I could go on and on abut my experiences here at Swan yoga retreat, but to keep it short, I can only say… I felt really safe as a woman travelling on my own, the yoga was of excellent quality (probably the best I have experienced so far), the food was just amazing (a good balance of tastes and variety), and the juice bar was also great as you could just chill out there and have some fresh juices or coconut water whenever you want. The accomodation is also nice, I was on a decent budget and wanted to pamper myself so I opted for a deluxe hut which was really good value for money, the location was also really amazing as it was on the top level of the property, where I could look down at the whole retreat.
All in all, the atmosphere of the whole place is just great.

Thank you Swan for everything… I will be back!

Date of stay: March 2015
4  Thank bejamadrid

Reviewed 29 August 2015

I visited this yoga ashram in Goa thinking to change the way I used to have holidays in the past, specially at a beach and party place like Goa. I was touched by their description of Swan and really wanted to have a wholesome experience that cater to my body and spirituality. The moment i entered the gates of Swan, I felt there was something magical about it and I had this immediate positive feeling that i was at the right place for the right reason. To be honest, my initial expectation was just to have a peaceful stay at this place learning and benefiting from their yoga lessons and saatvic Ayurvedic food but what i eventually gained was much more and words are not enough to describe the boons or wisdom received.

The day starts at Swan with morning meditation is so refreshing followed by Asana and some other afternoon yoga philosophy and techniques sessions (they call it Special Yogic techniques and I fully endorse it for it is not easy to have these at many other yoga places or retreat centers in Goa and for the benefits received). In the last afternoon, they offer Ashtanga yoga (please mind it, it could be Vinyasa Flow or even Sivananda style yoga too) and the fire-ceremony (havan) on Saturday and Sunday was really special.

The food at Swan is must to be mentioned and it was pure, hygienic, healthy and most importantly to me was delicious. The Yogashala has the most amazing views and it is really spacious and peaceful. i stayed in a regular cottage and it was spacious and with a big bathroom and personal sitting space outside of it. i had some yummy juices at the “real juice bar”. All the teachers and Swan team were pleasant, mostly smiling, efficient and well lead by Gyanmitra Swamiji.

Their approach towards yoga seems quite holistic and wholesome and even being an Indian and having information and practical living experience at many yoga retreat centers in India, i would highly recommend Swan Yoga Retreat in Goa for beginners as well as to the advance yoga practitioners.
i may say, I’m much more prepared for a healthier and spiritual life-style. Thank you Swan, I'll come back soon with a promise to stay longer than a week.

Date of stay: March 2015
2  Thank sundinesh

Reviewed 21 July 2015

I want to describe experience I get during my last trip to India to Swan yoga retreat center in Goa in May this year. As all my friends are asking me about what kind of asana I learnt after 3 weeks yoga trip to India. I would like to write some points of conclusion I made. It actually took me years of travelling and meeting with people to come to this, but SWAN helped to reconcile everything.
1. I felt that I miss my grandfather. He was a great Man! I was 7 when he died, and at that time I felt that it is normal, everybody comes and then goes ... but during one of the asana practice of sun salutation I suddenly felt how much I love him and that I miss him a lot! But then I realized that he is still with me in my heart.
2. My grandfather is the perfect man, father and grandfather to me still. And when he was gone and after him my uncle also gone, I realized that all people that I love leave this world. So I decided not to love, but I was seeking for love everywhere…
3. I realized that I always want all people around to like me, and for that I can do even those things that are not comfortable for me or not good at all. I understand now that it is not necessary to be good to everyone, you just have to be yourself and people still will like you.
4. I realized sitting in the hotel of Jaipur without money, that I have so many friends and relatives who can help me, and that is why I am rich. After shopping in Agra near Taj Mahal, I realized that I spend too much money without thinking about future. It’s enough! I decided not to waste money anymore and live without debts, as they took too much Energy from you.
5. In SWAN I experienced how veg food can clean your body, so that you start to feel and smell things 10 times better. And how simple food can be very delicious! And in contrary when you feed yourself so much with delicatessen and expensive food, you soon become very bored and do not enjoy too long, which happened with me when I was living in France.
6. In SWAN I realized that sex is not important at all if you love person. Previously, I was against arranged marriage, because I thought it discriminate women’s rights. But now I start to see some advantages of this union of people. Before I was thinking that how you can say that this particular man is the best for you without having any other experience. I thought only after comparing, you have to choose the best one. But BEST does not exist… One thought surprised me so much – that the fact that you can compare your man to others can insult him and if you love, you would not want to compare him to anyone else.
7. I realized that I never based my relationships on TRUST. Only on attraction.
8. I realized myself also that I do not respect man at all, that is why I cannot build strong relationships. This is due to behavior of some of man from my native town, in my country, in the movies etc. But practice of worship of your father can bring you so much sun and confidence in your life.
9. Acceptance is the most important part of yoga. It was always hard for me to accept certain things in my life – that my family is not perfect, my life does not look like in the movie, men can be weak and women strong…I do accept and enjoy now more thing in my life like they are, and I realized they are actually even better than I thought or wanted them to be.
10. I realized that become yoga teacher is one of my dream jobs for today.
11. I made asana my daily practice in Moscow. The intention with what I came to SWAN second time was to make meditation also one of my daily practice. But this is tough. I have to face all concerns and troubles in my head now, in order to clean my mind before meditation practice.
12. I lost 4 kg during my first week after taking Chakra workshop, suddenly, I had this feeling of insecurity. Maybe kundalini energy started to have attempts to move up I hope. When I lost those kgs, I felt that my lifebuoy is gone and like I can fly away any time and it scared me. But afterwards I start to love my body more.
13. I realized that I like to sing mantras and Sanskrit sounds. I enjoy it and it makes me happy.
14. I realized that actually I have envy feeling in me. But also I realized that it is not so bad, you can use it as motivation point instead.
15. I realized that I judge people every time in my mind, because I do not accept myself as I am. I do not love myself that is why I am not able to love others.
16. I realized that nothing in your life you have to feel shame for – because everything is just experience that brings you to the person who you are now. I think that the feeling of guilt is useless feeling. You just need to understand your mistakes and try to change something.
17. I am thankful to everything that happened in my life – to all positive, of course, but mostly to all negative, from which I learned a lot.
18. I realized how lucky I am as I always meet GREAT teachers in my life – this is real BLESS from God. And that every person you meet can become your teacher.
19. I realized that nothing can impress me anymore in terms of tourist sight seeing’s, but only meeting with interesting people make me excited.
20. I realized that material things can never bring you happiness. Especially shopping and brand clothes, even brand new golden casadei shoes)))). Only good relationships with people you love can make you happy. That sharing is one of the best and greatest things that make you feel wonderful!
21. I realized that I am beautiful, wonderful and unique person! This year I received so many wishes from friends through all over the world on my birthday. All of them told me I am beautiful – and now I know that it doesn’t mean only physical beauty – but beauty of your heart!

Date of stay: May 2015