Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews other guests saturday and sunday spiritual awakening ayurvedic centre whole atmosphere lifetime experience authentic experience early morning classes asana practice ashram chanting philosophy teacher knowledge body
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 July 2015

I want to describe experience I get during my last trip to India to Swan yoga retreat center in Goa in May this year. As all my friends are asking me about what kind of asana I learnt after 3 weeks yoga trip to India. I would like to write some points of conclusion I made. It actually took me years of travelling and meeting with people to come to this, but SWAN helped to reconcile everything.
1. I felt that I miss my grandfather. He was a great Man! I was 7 when he died, and at that time I felt that it is normal, everybody comes and then goes ... but during one of the asana practice of sun salutation I suddenly felt how much I love him and that I miss him a lot! But then I realized that he is still with me in my heart.
2. My grandfather is the perfect man, father and grandfather to me still. And when he was gone and after him my uncle also gone, I realized that all people that I love leave this world. So I decided not to love, but I was seeking for love everywhere…
3. I realized that I always want all people around to like me, and for that I can do even those things that are not comfortable for me or not good at all. I understand now that it is not necessary to be good to everyone, you just have to be yourself and people still will like you.
4. I realized sitting in the hotel of Jaipur without money, that I have so many friends and relatives who can help me, and that is why I am rich. After shopping in Agra near Taj Mahal, I realized that I spend too much money without thinking about future. It’s enough! I decided not to waste money anymore and live without debts, as they took too much Energy from you.
5. In SWAN I experienced how veg food can clean your body, so that you start to feel and smell things 10 times better. And how simple food can be very delicious! And in contrary when you feed yourself so much with delicatessen and expensive food, you soon become very bored and do not enjoy too long, which happened with me when I was living in France.
6. In SWAN I realized that sex is not important at all if you love person. Previously, I was against arranged marriage, because I thought it discriminate women’s rights. But now I start to see some advantages of this union of people. Before I was thinking that how you can say that this particular man is the best for you without having any other experience. I thought only after comparing, you have to choose the best one. But BEST does not exist… One thought surprised me so much – that the fact that you can compare your man to others can insult him and if you love, you would not want to compare him to anyone else.
7. I realized that I never based my relationships on TRUST. Only on attraction.
8. I realized myself also that I do not respect man at all, that is why I cannot build strong relationships. This is due to behavior of some of man from my native town, in my country, in the movies etc. But practice of worship of your father can bring you so much sun and confidence in your life.
9. Acceptance is the most important part of yoga. It was always hard for me to accept certain things in my life – that my family is not perfect, my life does not look like in the movie, men can be weak and women strong…I do accept and enjoy now more thing in my life like they are, and I realized they are actually even better than I thought or wanted them to be.
10. I realized that become yoga teacher is one of my dream jobs for today.
11. I made asana my daily practice in Moscow. The intention with what I came to SWAN second time was to make meditation also one of my daily practice. But this is tough. I have to face all concerns and troubles in my head now, in order to clean my mind before meditation practice.
12. I lost 4 kg during my first week after taking Chakra workshop, suddenly, I had this feeling of insecurity. Maybe kundalini energy started to have attempts to move up I hope. When I lost those kgs, I felt that my lifebuoy is gone and like I can fly away any time and it scared me. But afterwards I start to love my body more.
13. I realized that I like to sing mantras and Sanskrit sounds. I enjoy it and it makes me happy.
14. I realized that actually I have envy feeling in me. But also I realized that it is not so bad, you can use it as motivation point instead.
15. I realized that I judge people every time in my mind, because I do not accept myself as I am. I do not love myself that is why I am not able to love others.
16. I realized that nothing in your life you have to feel shame for – because everything is just experience that brings you to the person who you are now. I think that the feeling of guilt is useless feeling. You just need to understand your mistakes and try to change something.
17. I am thankful to everything that happened in my life – to all positive, of course, but mostly to all negative, from which I learned a lot.
18. I realized how lucky I am as I always meet GREAT teachers in my life – this is real BLESS from God. And that every person you meet can become your teacher.
19. I realized that nothing can impress me anymore in terms of tourist sight seeing’s, but only meeting with interesting people make me excited.
20. I realized that material things can never bring you happiness. Especially shopping and brand clothes, even brand new golden casadei shoes)))). Only good relationships with people you love can make you happy. That sharing is one of the best and greatest things that make you feel wonderful!
21. I realized that I am beautiful, wonderful and unique person! This year I received so many wishes from friends through all over the world on my birthday. All of them told me I am beautiful – and now I know that it doesn’t mean only physical beauty – but beauty of your heart!

Date of stay: May 2015
10  Thank nikimar138
TeamSWANYoga, Guest Relations Manager at SWAN Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2020

Hari Om Blessed Soul,

Thank you for rating and reviewing SWAN Yoga Retreat. We are glad to know that by staying at our ashram, SWAN helped your life become more spiritual and peaceful.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

We loved this place! For us, my husband and I, it was the perfect introduction to yoga, not only the physical asanas part, but the real deal with meditation, the fire ceremonies and chanting, the yoga nidra, the yoga karma, the food, so much more than just the "workout". And located in quiet and charming Assagao. Away from the busy beaches, but close enough to go in the afternoons. We are planning another stay. Want more, and miss it already.

Reviewed 3 June 2015

Swan in nestled in the jungle of Goa. The setting could not have been more beautiful with an abundance of tropical plants, flowers and fruit trees right outside your door! The birds were also magical and the chirping is a beautiful way to wake up in the morning or to listen to while you practice asana each day in the yoga shala located perfectly on the top of the hill.
The daily schedule was ideal and included daily meditation, 1-2 asana classes and yoga nidra. I took advantage of the onsite Ayurveda facilities and received excellent therapies from the young woman including massage and shirodarma treatments.
Gyanmitra was an excellent asana instructor, leader of yoga nidra and meditation. He is also co-founder and is very helpful in making sure your accommodation, food and serves are to your liking. The food was delicious and Gyan arranged a special diet for me because I have many food allergies and medical conditions. I am extremely grateful for this extra special attention as I it would not have been possible for me to stay as long as I did if I could not have the specific diet that was very healing.
While at Swan I participated in a 2 week workshop where I learned a great deal. Ganga's asana and meditation classes were perfect to balance with Atma's lecture and yoga nidra sessions. But the best part was the morning chanting and fire ceremony each day at 6. I found the chanting and fire a crucial part of the healing process for me.
I miss being at Swan and hope to return some day to hear the birds and chant daily. The people are great.

1  Thank EAB814

Reviewed 25 May 2015

Heard about this place through a friend, decided to go there on my first anniversary and let me tell you one thing every plave in there every thing in there, every flower, every tree, every person, every real thing was just like a dream come true, beautifully placed forest of livinghood which will make you realise why our ancestors were so happy and energetic. Its a gega factory of recreation and rejuvenation, i had myself recharged for 12 months. The havan in there is to die for, i really touched the doors of heaven when i was in there, did not feel like leaving that place. GOD BLESS THE GUYS WHO MADE IT !!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank shiventapadiya

Reviewed 24 May 2015

Swan is an absolutely wonderful place. I went to Swan needing rejuvenated and I got that along with so much more. The staff is kind and generous, the classes are incredible, the food is spectacular and the campus is beautiful.

This was my first time to India and I didn't know what to expect. After my experience at Swan, I will now be returning to Goa almost certainly and hope to make Swan Yoga Retreat a part of my tradition.

Thank you to the staff at Swan for all you do! Hope to see you again soon!

Date of stay: May 2015