Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews other guests saturday and sunday spiritual awakening ayurvedic centre whole atmosphere lifetime experience authentic experience early morning classes asana practice ashram chanting philosophy teacher knowledge body
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

The moment I stepped in SWAN for the first time, my mouth was wide open. Man, is this real??

I was smiling :), turning my head 360 gazing around and it was like an oasis of happiness growing inside me.

The eco-friendly cottages were made of woods and red soil all in the perfect alignment. The sacred tulsi planted throughout the yoga retreat purifying and maintaining ashram's decorum. This place has perfect combination of climbers, plants and trees. (I'm a nature lover) :)

In other words, the environment which we felt that was lost( which we use to read in books ) is available at SWAN.

This place is so amazing, now I understand why our gurus, masters and sages chose their stay in nature.
Its so serene, the best part is that it doesn't look like it has been construcred, polished or projected...but it has existed over thousands of years.

This place helps us to realize how to flourish our capablities and we get enough peace & time for ourselves here. It refreshes us, lets us explore whats deep inside, takes you back to the real you. I can say one of the best yoga retreat in goa.
You get to listen to the chirping of birds every morning-evening singing their own songs.

Swan family has friendly caretakers.
Let me introduce you to Shakti & Leela ( they're so so cute, you'll love them ) , two playful dogs here. You'll enjoy with them a lot. ( I'm also an animal lover )
I enjoyed a lot. I stayed for 15 days. And guess what, I'm planning my next Swan experience ASAP. :-)

With the blessings of lord Shiva, Gyanmitra has turned his idea into a reality.

Those who are busy, lost, frustrated and constantly on the go, they need a break and must come here and see the things they are missing.

Thank You Swami ji for such a wonderful experience.

Hari Om !!

Date of stay: May 2013
7  Thank theswarnim4u
TeamSWANYoga, Guest Relations Manager at SWAN Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2020

Hari Om Blessed Soul,

Thank you for rating and reviewing SWAN Yoga Retreat. We are glad to know that by staying at our ashram, SWAN helped your life become more spiritual and peaceful.

Om Shanti

Team SWAN

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Earlier this year I stayed at Swan for five weeks whilst doing a yoga teacher training intensive. I had my own room and was bowled over by the standard of accommodation. The retreat itself is located in a quiet area of Goa meaning that it was perfect for intensive yoga study and practice. Probably the best nights sleep I have ever had in India! Gyan and his staff were friendly and helpful and looked after our every need while we were there. The rooms were always kept very clean. The food was of a good standard and as we were staying for some time modifications were made in response to feedback of the group meaning we always had what we needed. The yoga shala was an incredible space to practice in and there was plenty of space around the retreat to relax and take time for yourself. Gyan's integrity shone through and all of these aspects combined to make for a truly magical experience. Thank you Swan! x

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Sam L
Shiv K, Owner at SWAN Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2021

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I came to know about swan yoga from a friend of mine. She had praised a lot about it & told a lot of good things, so was excited to see this place. I arrived on 8th December 2012 & ended up in staying for a month ! And making visits to there place whenever i go to goa.

I must say that Gyanmitra, the owner of swan has really built this place from heart. Its not a resort or a yoga institute, its more like a small village where you are completely in peace with yourself. The entire campus area has its own charm. Everything at swan is so simple & elegant. Its like a different world inside swan. Rooms are big & cozy. The staff is very nice & friendly. And yes the food at swan ! So much variety in their menu. Simply the best vegetarian food i had in Goa.

I will highly recommend this place if you are looking for yoga in Goa. Be it your own practice or their classes. If you are not into yoga & just looking for a peaceful place to stay in goa where you just want to relax, even then its a beautiful experience altogether.

Room tip: I stayed in the room overlooking a small vegetation where they grow their own organic vegetable etc.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Chetan P

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Swan is just a great place for a yoga retreat. The place is beautiful and natural. It is a little bit outside the "touristic Goa", but you can easily reach the famous beaches and places by scooter or taxi.The cottages are spacious and the surrounding is just perfect. When you do your practices in one of the open yoga halls you hear birds singing and see the sun rising behind the old teak trees. The food is nice, fresh and plenty and the service cannot be better. I can highly recommend that place and I hope I will come back many times.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Serga F

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Words cant even express what an amazing place Swan yoga retreat was! But I guess I shall try...Swan brings you back to nature, but more importantly it brings you back to your true self. Not only the place but the people as well, there is a certain energy about the place that you have to feel it to know it. There are banana tress, papaya trees, coconuts, eggplants, lemongrass, tulsi and so much more being grown on the land, even the water you drink is from a well built on the land. There is a very cute library full of amazing books i just wanted to read all of them. I think i grabbed like 5 books the first day i walked in there. I only had time to read one in the 3 weeks i was there, but i was excited to have all this information at my fingertips! I mean when you think about it these days with the internet i guess we always have information at our fingertips, but i don't feel excited about it! AT least not the way i felt when i walked into the library at Swan. The food is amazing and made with so much love you can taste it! Swan is the quintessential yoga retreat, I don't even think i could have imagined a better place if i tried. There are no fancy gimmicks or distractions, but instead a pure, honest and true portrayal of what yoga is and what yoga should be. Set amidst the bottom of a forest its not unusual to see some occasional unexpected visitors stop by the yoga shala to say hello. Originally I wasn't going to write a review because i thought that Gyanmitra had a point when he said that everyones experience is their own and someone reading about someone elses experience doesnt mean that the same will happen for them. However being one of the first customers at Swan, I guess the reason I really wanted to write a review is because i believe that Swan is a magical place. I guess maybe when looked at from the outside it may look ordinary compared to other luxury yoga places across the globe...but its not ordinary one bit! Its extraordinary! If there is one thing I learned at Swan is that in order to really find yourself and find true knowledge, you have to let go of the familiarities and comforts and luxuries that we get so used to in our daily lives. Being at Swan allows you to let go and come back to the simple things in life, the forgotten things you need to find again. Like i said, I am struggling to find words to express my experience at Swan...but to wrap it up I just wanted to say that its not only the place but also the people that work there and help make Swan what it is. From the boys that worked in the kitchen to the two beautiful women who would come to work at Swan everyday, from the owner Gyanmitra to the yoga teacher Nabieh and all the other friends that we met and got to enjoy the presence of. Even the two Golden Labradors added such joy to the place that it wouldnt be complete without them. I truly will never forget my time at Swan, and will always keep it as a beautiful magical dream I was so blessed to see.
-Hilal Dogan