“Best place for organising and attending retreats in Goa”
Review of SWAN Yoga Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Assagao
SWAN Yoga Retreat
Reviewed 9 June 2013

i simply love the place so much that i love giving retreats there and bring groups , people from all over the world , to be in a traditional indian ayurvedic magical sanctuary within the funky area of Goa with beaches, fashion, freedom and madness when chosen, to return afterwards to the beautiful Swan and replenish .. Love the fireceremonies Gyanmitra holds he is simply wonderful.

Room Tip: any one is lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank shashining
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

The moment I stepped in SWAN for the first time, my mouth was wide open. Man, is this real??

I was smiling :), turning my head 360 gazing around and it was like an oasis of happiness growing inside me.

The eco-friendly cottages were made of woods and red soil all in the perfect alignment. The sacred tulsi planted throughout the yoga retreat purifying and maintaining ashram's decorum. This place has perfect combination of climbers, plants and trees. (I'm a nature lover) :)

In other words, the environment which we felt that was lost( which we use to read in books ) is available at SWAN.

This place is so amazing, now I understand why our gurus, masters and sages chose their stay in nature.
Its so serene, the best part is that it doesn't look like it has been construcred, polished or projected...but it has existed over thousands of years.

This place helps us to realize how to flourish our capablities and we get enough peace & time for ourselves here. It refreshes us, lets us explore whats deep inside, takes you back to the real you. I can say one of the best yoga retreat in goa.
You get to listen to the chirping of birds every morning-evening singing their own songs.

Swan family has friendly caretakers.
Let me introduce you to Shakti & Leela ( they're so so cute, you'll love them ) , two playful dogs here. You'll enjoy with them a lot. ( I'm also an animal lover )
I enjoyed a lot. I stayed for 15 days. And guess what, I'm planning my next Swan experience ASAP. :-)

With the blessings of lord Shiva, Gyanmitra has turned his idea into a reality.

Those who are busy, lost, frustrated and constantly on the go, they need a break and must come here and see the things they are missing.

Thank You Swami ji for such a wonderful experience.

Hari Om !!

• Stayed: May 2013
7  Thank theswarnim4u
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Earlier this year I stayed at Swan for five weeks whilst doing a yoga teacher training intensive. I had my own room and was bowled over by the standard of accommodation. The retreat itself is located in a quiet area of Goa meaning that it was perfect for intensive yoga study and practice. Probably the best nights sleep I have ever had in India! Gyan and his staff were friendly and helpful and looked after our every need while we were there. The rooms were always kept very clean. The food was of a good standard and as we were staying for some time modifications were made in response to feedback of the group meaning we always had what we needed. The yoga shala was an incredible space to practice in and there was plenty of space around the retreat to relax and take time for yourself. Gyan's integrity shone through and all of these aspects combined to make for a truly magical experience. Thank you Swan! x

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sam L
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I came to know about swan yoga from a friend of mine. She had praised a lot about it & told a lot of good things, so was excited to see this place. I arrived on 8th December 2012 & ended up in staying for a month ! And making visits to there place whenever i go to goa.

I must say that Gyanmitra, the owner of swan has really built this place from heart. Its not a resort or a yoga institute, its more like a small village where you are completely in peace with yourself. The entire campus area has its own charm. Everything at swan is so simple & elegant. Its like a different world inside swan. Rooms are big & cozy. The staff is very nice & friendly. And yes the food at swan ! So much variety in their menu. Simply the best vegetarian food i had in Goa.

I will highly recommend this place if you are looking for yoga in Goa. Be it your own practice or their classes. If you are not into yoga & just looking for a peaceful place to stay in goa where you just want to relax, even then its a beautiful experience altogether.

Room Tip: I stayed in the room overlooking a small vegetation where they grow their own organic vegetable etc.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank chetanp_pune
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Swan is just a great place for a yoga retreat. The place is beautiful and natural. It is a little bit outside the "touristic Goa", but you can easily reach the famous beaches and places by scooter or taxi.The cottages are spacious and the surrounding is just perfect. When you do your practices in one of the open yoga halls you hear birds singing and see the sun rising behind the old teak trees. The food is nice, fresh and plenty and the service cannot be better. I can highly recommend that place and I hope I will come back many times.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Serga F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Assagao
2.0 km away
12.5 km away
Vivanta by Taj - Panaji
10.1 km away
Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa

Been to SWAN Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK