See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 August 2015

The hotel is clean, friendly and has well-designed modern rooms, which have good size. It has a strategic position - thermal swimming pools are just about five minutes walk away. Ursula, the owner, is very friendly, polite, and always ready to help you with trip advice around the Prekmurje, or with other service the guests need. Whenever I go in Moravske Toplice for a vacation, a will stay in Villa Tamara.

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Very friendly and helpful lady at reception, wonderful breakfast, clean rooms with good furniture. We loved also beautiful countryside, fields all in yellow plants and lovely farms. There is also a good sports park with running circle 1000 meters long, next to golfcourse. The only difficulty was searching an ATM - we found it in one of hotels (but not in that one with five stars) after quite a search. I think that we were the only non-german speaking guests at out time of stay in hotel.

Date of stay: May 2013
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We returned to Villa Tamara again in December 2012 to visit Terme 3000 for our annual rest and relaxation break.
A10 day stay from Boxing Day and we were welcomed like old friends by Ursula.
We had the same room as last year -116, which is a lovely spacious room with a large hallway and balcony.
This year, we had a kettle in the room, so Ursula had remembered that English guests like to have tea making facilities in the room. And I took another kettle to leave there as I didn't know you could buy them there lol. So there are now 2 kettles available and I left some Tetley tea bags as well.
Everything I said in the previous review stands, it is an excellent hotel and I will never stay anywhere else when I go to Moravske Toplice.

Look forward to our next stay.

Room tip: If you have difficulty with stairs, ask for a ground floor room. All rooms have balcony or terrace. The road is quiet so don't think it matters whether you have a room facing onto the road or not. Also have family rooms with more beds.
Date of stay: December 2012
1  Thank oldbat56
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed three nights at the end of August to attend a workshop - the hotel is friendly, well-designed, and functional; super to have a balcony (overlooks a farmyard at the side). There was someone on hand at reception to speak English. We did have a kettle in the room, supplied specially, after requesting one earlier! We would love to go back there!

Room tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Lovely Stay at Villa Tamara

We chose Villa Tamara for this year’s stay last year whilst staying at another guest house in Moravske Toplice.
We have stayed at the Ajda and Villa Tamara compares very favourably with the Ajda.

Arrival
I’m not sure if it’s usually part of the service but Ursula the owner agreed to pick us up from Graz airport and takes us back again for a nominal fee, probably just covered the petrol. This was great for us as we didn’t have to worry about hiring a car or getting a bus or taxi. It was probably about 60 miles – definitely the nearest airport to Moravske, and we managed to get Lufthansa flights from Manchester for £177 each, which was cheaper than Ryanair and a much better luggage allowance too.

Accommodation
The house is lovely, only a few years old and designed and decorated by Ursula. There are 2 floors so if you have difficulty with stairs, ask for ground floor as there isn’t a lift. What I liked was the clean modern style, so unlike most of the properties I have stayed in before in Slovenia. The rooms are a good size – ours had a large bathroom with toilet and shower – I noticed that some had a separate toilet which is a good idea. Towels are provided and changed regularly, and beds are made up and rooms are cleaned daily - where we stayed last year the room wasn’t cleaned once during our 10 day stay!
The bathroom has a large radiator which was great for drying swimming costumes. Hairdryer could be provided on request but I had taken mine with me. There is a balcony which runs all the way along the side of the house so it is communal. Each room has chairs and an outdoor drying rack (probably more useful in the summer months!)
These rooms are as nice if not better than those at the Ajda and definitely more spacious.
There is internet access – not wireless, Ursula gives you a cable to hook up to the system so better like this as the connection stays constant and it’s free as well. There was a flat screen TV with lots of channels, enough English ones to keep me happy – often you don’t get any English channels, only German, Italian and the local ones.
Beds were comfy and I like the continental style of having 2 separate duvets so you don’t end up fighting for your share of one large one!
Our room was one of the larger ones, and had a spare campbed in it, which was handy for putting the cases on to unpack as we didn’t need it for sleeping. It’s also the only hotel I have ever stayed in that I haven’t had to ask for more coathangers and there was plenty wardrobe space and shelving.
The only thing is that you never get tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms in Slovenian hotels - they don’t have kettles in Slovenia! (however if you are English, this problem will be solved as I am going to send Ursula a travel kettle which will be available on request, and some English tea-bags!)
The communal area of dining room and hallways are clean and airy with the same style of decor as the rooms.

The only meal available here is breakfast. This is provided between 8 and 11 I think! So no rush to get up in the morning if you don’t want to. A great selection of fresh bread rolls, and Ursula will do you cooked eggs in whatever style you want. There are frankfurter sausages on some days, all the cooked meats in the usual continental style and cheese slices, plus a variety of cereals, dried fruit and fresh fruit. There are yogurts and sliced bread for toast with a selection of jams/spreads and coffee. Fruit teas are provided but take your own tea-bags if you want a proper cup of tea. You would have to be really picky not to find something to eat here. I may have missed something out but there was a great selection provided fresh every day.
Evening meals are not available but if you want half board, this is provided at the Villa Siftar about 5 minutes walk away. You get a ticket which you take there to get your dinner - three courses with a choice of soups, mains and desserts. We enjoyed the food there but beware – the portions are far too big!

Terme 3000
The other great thing at Villa Tamara is that the tickets for Terme 3000 are included in the price, which is a super saving, and this is why we come to Moravske, to enjoy the thermal swimming pools and healing oily water. These are just 5 minutes walk away.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough – for value for money, you cannot do better, and the service is excellent. Fluent German is spoken, English is a bit more of a struggle but you will manage.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will never stay anywhere else now in Moravske. A big thank you to Ursula and her family for making our holiday wonderful and look forward to seeing you again.

Room tip: All the rooms are good, ones at the front overlook the road, so possibly the side ones are better if you want to be out on the balcony
Date of stay: December 2011