Pitchup.com
All reviewsport isaacthe pubdoom barsteak and ale pielovely beer gardenwarm welcomescampievening foodnorth cornwalllovely foodnice roomminute drivepuddingtea and coffee making facilitiescooked to perfectionfeel very welcomefamily room
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped off in this pub for food as all the places in port Isaac had shut for the season.
We were kindly greeted and made to feel welcome here by the lovely staff. Service was quick.

I had the steak and ale pie, veg and chips and the pie was delicious really filling and tasty with a great topping and decent sized portion.
However, I feel the chips could have been cooked a little longer to make them more crispy and golden. Also, I could have done with some gravy for my veg selection which was plentiful.

My boyfriend had the burger and was sadly disappointed with his and said that it was just average so that’s our reason for three stars.

I do not drink but all of the gin menu drinks sounded lovely and there was a vast variety of alcohol to drink if you are a drinker.

Thank you Cornish Arms staff!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay.
Very welcoming and they both make you feel special. Also they go the extra mile, in little things they do.
Good clean rooms.
Good food.
Good open fires.
We took ollie our dog and they are good with dogs, even giving him treats. We would definitely stay there again.
Thankyou Geoff and Karen
If I had one criticism it would be the heating need to be warmer in some of the rooms.
Thanks from Dave and Beryl

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

We have stopped for lunch a few times over the years it mainly outside in the beer garden as we always have our dog but found under the new ownership that dogs were welcome inside. We sat in the first room almost next to the fire on a table for two.
When the table was being set, the waitress suggested we move onto the bigger table right next to the fire as we would have more room - we hadn't done this as we didn't want to take up a table designed for up to 6 so this was appreciated. Fair menu choice - chose the hake - was from frozen but tasted really good.
Very good local cider choice which I was so pleased to see as a lot of local pubs only serve Westons or Rattler and say it is local! There is so much to offer around our local area of Devon and Cornwall so good to see them making the most of what is on offer. The gin menu is to die for - a lot I haven't heard of and I thought I was keeping up with our local distilleries!
Very friendly and chatty staff. Clean toilets. Will return again, possibly to stay over as the reviews are good.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
GeoffDennison, Owner at The Cornish Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

We are glad you enjoyed your recent visit and thanks for your positive comments. We source all our supplies from local companies and wherever possible have them delivered fresh although occasionally this is not possible so we are looking at alternatives.
Look out for a few additions to the gin menu including one or two new Cornish ones. If you wish to stay an evening with us we do have some rooms that are "dog friendly" so no problem bringing the dog with you. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by one of the locals in Port Isaac. Well worth a visit. The food was home made and freshly cooked. Both of our meals were delicious and the staff were lovely. The prices for the meals were very reasonable with great specials offers for the winter season.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We arrived late afternoon to be greeted by a young lady, who promptly showed us to our room, and was very helpful indeed. We dumped our bags and went down into the bar for dinner and a drink, we then met and presumed was the landlord, and soon found out what a small world this is, him & his family had lived in the same village, up here in Oxfordshire, afew years ago. Dinner was lovely and was informed if we had 2 main meals we would get a bottle of wine, as we don't drink wine, we had a couple of other drinks instead. Our room was room 6, we were told that the shower screen leaked, although a nice room we noticed afew things, the room seriously needs updating, which I know they intend to do, new carpets, bathroom and a general clean up is all this room needs, I don't know whether a bigger bed can go in there, because we had a double bed and my husband is 6 foot 4 and it was too small for us as we are used to a Kingsize bed at home, the windows are abit draughty also. Port Isaac was amazing and we would definately be back. We spent the following evening in the pub and again had another good meal. Breakfasts are small but nice.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple