Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
$145
View deal
Free cancellation until 07/10/22
Travelocity
Expedia.com$162
eDreams
Priceline$167
All reviews home away from home beautiful forest the owner comfortable beds katarina conductor amsterdam
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 October 2021

We felt so lucky to have found this sweet historical B&B. The rooms were cozy, beautifully decorated and uber clean. Our host Johan met us when we arrived and spent time showing us on a map what we would find in the area (such a walkable nature reserve and excellent restaurants) and as well as how to get into Amsterdam. After a 7-day Rhine River Cruise we were wanting to explore Amsterdam but not stay right in the city. Station Amstelveen was ideal because it was an easy train or Uber/taxi ride into the city. The B&B is right on the edge of the Amsterdam forest (which is three times the size of Central Park) and you can even bike from the B&B all the way to Amsterdam.

Johan and his wife Katarina have put so much love and effort into making every aspect of their B&B perfect for their guests. You can see that in the charm of the rooms which include comfy high-quality bedding and living greenery, and in the delicious breakfast they provide. The just-out-of-the-oven croissants were incredible. Thank you Johan and Katarina for such a memorable stay on our trip.

Date of stay: October 2021
Johan Elfner, Owner at Station Amstelveen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2021

Thank you for wonderful words. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back here one day.
Best,
Katarina & Johan

Reviewed 3 November 2020

Although I fully understand that Covid had a severe impact on everyone's life we had the impression to face a wall while trying to find a solution with the responsibles.

It is true that we did book without a cancellation possibility but the circumstances are so particular that we would have expected more empathy.

Date of stay: November 2020
Johan Elfner, Owner at Station Amstelveen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2021

I am not sure how to explain in a few lines.

During covid stress the tax authorities kept a close eye on my small business. A paid non refundable is considered to be an actual income. In order to change that it is big work for my accountant, tax offices, VAT and the administration cost is higher than the actual cancelation. Therefore I have to pay back from my private account, which is not either accetped from the tax office since I get subsidy for loss business. I can go on and on.

Therefor I have now changed the policy and from now all reservations have free cancelation up to one day before arrival.

I apologise for you stress in this situation. Life has really been up side down and we hope soon things gets back to more normal

Best
Johan

Reviewed 23 November 2019 via mobile

I had a one night layover in Amsterdam and did not want to bother going all the way into town - and also I wanted to go for a run in the Amsterdamse Bos, a huge and epically beautiful forest. So I chose Station Amstelveen and was soooo looking forward to my stay, and I was not disappointed.

The room I had, room 1, on the first floor was spacious, and extremely well appointed - even a stocked mini bar.

One checks in at the cafe on the ground floor and thereafter receives a key for the side door - perfect. There are extremely steep steps to go upstairs so I left my luggage downstairs in a storage room, perfect.

Breakfast was awesome, good start to the day. I would easily stay again. Right choice.

Check in is only until 2100.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank markrein2
Reviewed 20 August 2019 via mobile

During our last trip to Holland, we were stayed at Starion Amstelveen. Our relatives have helped us to book a family room. We really loved it! Nice ambience as the room is well-decorated, artistic and greeny, you can feel the atmosphere of beautiful plants around you. And we loved the brakfast, it wwas great, all the breads are home-made and freshly backed! The owners are very friendly and helpful, and speak English very well. Recommended to stay

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2019

...but that was very good. I ate here on a Sunday morning with three friends. We all enjoyed our food - mine was the aptly named Brunch Combo of scrambled eggs, bacon and avocado with waffles, blueberries and maple syrup - and drinks, with various coffees, teas and freshly squeezed orange juices. The bill for four came to under €20 per person (€77 total). Very professional service in a lovely setting.

Date of stay: May 2019