Clara Maria Cheese & Clog Farm

Book in advance
from
$407.49
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Clara Maria Cheese & Clog Farm
from $407.49
More Info
from $412.85
More Info
All reviews clog making baby cows tour group family run demonstration souvenirs cheese tasting farm process gouda heaven explanation sharing
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 January 2020

We booked for 2 people our guests and we just stood by to wait. They asked if they should set a coffee n Apple tart which we said is ok. What we didnt know is they charged us 15euro for that! We dont mind paying for the guests but u should have said it was 15euro for a lousy muddy coffee n Apple tart. Said we also ate the sample cheeses. But we have brought so many guest without the tour and the sample cheess were offered anyway. So so disappointed. Last time I'm bringing guests to u guys. What u guys did was just wrong.

Date of experience: January 2020
3  Thank Y4104QHjamieb
KvWees, Owner at Clara Maria Cheese & Clog Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2020

Without more information, I'm at a bit of a loss. What day were you here and do you remember who helped you? The most recent possibility that I see was on 3.1.2020. We received a reservation request for a "Cheese Experience" for 4 guests, which costs €15 per person, which is clearly stated on our website. It includes a cheese and clog demo, actual cheese making with our team, coffee/tea and apple tart. If this was not the reservation that you had made, than it would have been helpful if you had communicated to the person helping you that you had simply brought guests to visit the farm and would like a tour, which is free of charge, including cheese tasting. In fact, as you mentioned, one does not need to take a tour at all, but can visit our farm and taste cheese in order to know what flavors to buy. (It should be mentioned that our cheese tasting is just that, cheese tasting, not lunch or a light afternoon snack.) Once in a while a reserved group is a "no show". That may have occurred, whereby our staff member thought that your group of four was the "Cheese Experience" group. While I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding, I am taken aback by the tone in which you write, which is unnecessarily insulting. If there was a problem, we would have appreciated it being brought to our attention right away. My husband and I have been on the farm every day right through the holidays, so we could have been addressed immediately and resolved the problem without any ugliness. It was also possible to call us later that day or, since you are local, to come back and ask to speak to us. We are relatively easy-going people who are responsive when something goes wrong with our guests. Your response in this manner over TripAdvisor is unfortunate because it comes across to me as a rant, rather than a constructive effort to have a mistake corrected. If you would like, you are more than welcome to make an appointment with me to discuss the matter civilly. When calling, ask for the Farmer's Wife, I'll be happy to talk with you.

Reviewed 6 January 2020

Fun tour of an authentic farm that makes gouda cheese & clogs. Willem the clog maker was funny & very skilled - amazing how fast he could make a clog from a block of wood! I knew next to nothing about clogs, and he was able to teach me & our group a lot in a short amount of time. The cheesemaking demonstration was also very informative, and the tasting afterwards was a lot of fun! The cheese was super tasty, and we had no problem at all taking it back to the USA.

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank D1v3Sh4rk
KvWees, Eigenaar at Clara Maria Cheese & Clog Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2020

We are tickled to read your review and to know that you learned something new and had fun! Thank you for your positive review!

Reviewed 3 January 2020

Lovely place to visit, Entertaining and informative. Clog making was very interesting having the son show us how to make the clogs and picking a person from the viewing to make one as well. Cheese was lovely to see tasting etc. I Loved the farm animals they were so nice and inviting to see. They have a lovely gift shop and cheese buying area. They have lots of things on offer. I did find once I had been in Amsterdam for a while that the prices were cheaper on some items than at Clara Maria. Lots of deft blue etc. Good for photo opportunities. Nice place to visit,

Date of experience: October 2019
2  Thank froggyperth

Thank you for your kind review, we are pleaed that you enjoyed your visit with us. It certainly can happen that some prices on souviners will be cheaper in Amsterdam, which is due to chain stores being able to buy in bulk, whereas we are a small family business, so we miss those bulk discounts, unfortunately. We do try to offer a broad selection of Dutch treats, though, including our own Gouda Farm cheese and clogs. We appreciate your candid review very much.

Reviewed 17 December 2019

The web site reads up so well. first impressions after sending an email were great, and from then on it was silence.
I had booked a cheese making experience, and heard nothing back. Long and short, the day we had booked no cheese making was possible.
We were given the run down on how to make cheese, which was absolutely fascinating. The clog making, was just a video and the comment made, we are far too busy now making cheese, as most of our cogs are done elsewhere.
The souviner shop was quite good, but a little on the expensive side.
We were told cheese making really runs from Jan to August, nothing about on their web site!
Overall, it was good to visit, but certainly not a recommendation from us.

Date of experience: November 2019
2  Thank Lois W
Reviewed 8 November 2019 via mobile

This place was so fun . And the cheese !! Oh my . So glad we brought some back home . People working there are so friendly and informative .

Date of experience: August 2019