We stayed for 7 night in February 2012 en really enjoyed our stay at Blue Tribes. Let's start out with the pro's:
- Ko Lipe and it's surrounding island are extremely beautifull!
- the owner (Luca) and staff are very friendly and their attitude is very relaxed
- the pizza's are expensive but the best we had in Thailand.
- we had the beach-front bungalow - not exactly on the beach but 10 mtrs away. The bungalow was good for Thai standards. Clean, a nice porch, fine bed. Just basic wood/concrete. All you need on an island.
However, there were some downsides
- the price, which is very high for Thai standards. We paid 2300 THB/night (discount for staying 7 nights) and the bungalow was just basic. However, all the other hotels in Ko Lipe were just as expensive I found out.
- the most important one: THE NOISE. We were in high-high season (the whole island was full) and all the beach on Pattaya did a contest which music was the loudest. Weekdays to 1.00, but on friday and saturday to 3.00. We are young, and don't mind a party once in a while, but this was just too much. The bungalows are wooden and since they're right on the beach next to the bars you can hear every word and beat in a song. We couldn't sleep without earplugs and just relaxed reading a book on the porch was not possible. Very frustrating because we expected paradise (just came from Ko Phi Phi) but in this way the bars are raping this beautifull island. I'm afraid that in a few years Ko Lipe will be just as Ko Phi Phi town.
- the same for the boats. Pattaya beach is extremely beautfull. However, you can only swim on 30% and the other 70% is taken by longtail and speedboats. So there goes the nice view :(
--> my advise: go to sunrise beach. The beach is less beautifull, but you have less boats and almost no bars. Or, go in low season. With some discount on the rooms and the bars closed you will have a great island and a great bungalow
Note 1: bring your own musquito-net. We had one, but me & my girlfriend still managed get stung lots of times. Also my girlfriend picked up Dengue-fever here.
Note 2: you have to ask for cleaning, it's not automatic. We found this out after four nights ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Tribes Garden Beach Resort is set in a tropical garden, in prime position, directly on the white powdery sands of Pattaya beach, in the south part of Lipe island, with crystal blue safe waters, soft breezes and spectacular sunsets.Family atmosphere… Blue Tribes is a small, friendly and informal resort where you don’t need shoes or sandals.At Your service: 22 all ensuite wooden bungalows in 5 different categories, coffee-bar reception, Italian & Thai family restaurant where everything is expressly homemade, wooden terrace with an amazing view & beach cocktails bar. Daily longtail boats trip in the National Park’s archipelago with Sea Gipsies captain from “our family”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Blue Tribes Garden Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Tribes Garden Beach Hotel Koh Lipe