See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 April 2015

We had booked for a two night stay. When we arrived we were greeted by a very nice friendly man, who took us to our room without even asking our names! Our first impression of the room was good, it was large and bright, and lovely and warm. However, upon closer inspection it had not been hoovered well and though the bathroom sink and bath were clean, the toilet was DISGUSTINGLY DIRTY! I think that possibly the cleaner had refused to clean it after the previous guests? My husband would not let me complain, and then spent the next 30 mins throughly cleaning the loo, bless him.
We then went to the bar to ask about an evening meal that night, but were told that due to a 'gas problem' there would be no food available. I was secretly quite pleased after the toilet experience! We were directed to other pubs, but managed to find a fantastic place to eat that night in Bath.
We both slept well and had no other problems with the room. The next morning we had a breakfast in the pub which was well cooked, and we enjoyed this. The cleaner was around in the bar, and after watching her I can see why we had our toilet problem. We took almost an hour to have breakfast and I did not see her do anything other than move an empty bottle to the end of the bar. The hoover did not move at all, and every window sill was covered in dust.
We spent the day in Bath and hoped to eat that evening in the pub but were told that once again no food would be served that evening. We think that perhaps it was because it was Sunday? Again we found the most fantastic pub about 5 miles away, so it did not really matter. When we returned to the Seven Stars we had hoped to have a few drinks before bed. But it was 10pm and the pub was empty but still open. The man behind the bar told my husband that there was no lager available on tap, so he had a coke like me and we went to bed.
Breakfast was again very nice the next morning, but we were quite glad to be going home.
The nice young owner of the bar was lovely but I feel that he will never make a go of getting the potential out of this pretty little pub while he continues to employ inept and lazy staff.

Room Tip: Take cleaning materials with you!
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Tracey T
Reviewed 3 April 2015

The rooms were tired and in need of TLC. We stayed for 2 nights B&B. We were told we would have a full English breakfast, but 1st morning only had toast and a pot of tea due to gas problem and the 2nd morning the owner was still in bed at 10.30, so we left with no breakfast at all. Our sleep quality was poor, as an extremely loud generator kept us awake most of the night.
Would not recommend.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lynne26121
Reviewed 18 March 2015

visited on a friends recommendation and was not let down one bit! Food was cooked to perfection, all ingredients were locally sourced and fresh. Have been back since and tried Many things in the menu, and had no bad experiences

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank chalky83
Reviewed 16 March 2015

Stopped here for lunch on Saturday. Welcomed with a smile, menu choice was good covering everything from meat, fish and vegetarian. Very large portions so well worth the money. Large car park around back. I did ring before arriving to check if food was available as only a small local pub.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank youcandoitDorset
Reviewed 13 March 2015

The Seven Stars is a traditional village inn, and in an ideal place to stay for a visit to Bath. It's cheaper than central Bath accommodation, and the bus stop for travelling to and from Bath is almost outside the door.
We were given a warm and friendly welcome on our arrival, and made to feel that nothing would be too much trouble. We had a very good lunch there, and the beer was good too. Breakfast the following morning was excellent also.
The rooms are very spacious. We only had 2 little grumbles. One, we couldn't lock our door from the outside, but it wasn't a problem for us as there are only 2 rooms and our friends were staying in the other room. The landlord assured us that it would lock when we told him of our problem when we checked out, so it may have been sorted if we'd raised it with him earlier, and 2, the humming noise that was audible all night. This has been mentioned in previous comments, so we weren't surprised to hear it when we were shown to our room. We think it came from a storage room below us, but it didn't keep us awake, and I didn't use the ear plugs that I'd taken with me just in case.
We would definitely use this accommodation again if we're in the area

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends