All reviews park and ride rural location lovely countryside views country hotel family wedding would recommend this hotel to anyone comfortable night hotel is located rooms were spotless breakfast was freshly cooked local attractions bit dated thoroughly enjoyed our stay this lovely hotel two nights cooked to perfection couple of nights
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Quaint building in lovely surroundings.

Sadly this hotel did not live up to the positive reviews on tripadvisor during our stay following a wedding at Priston Mill.

The furniture in the room was clean and modern however the bed was uncomfortable. Staff were pleasant but not overly friendly nor helpful. Sadly the heating was off when we arrived with a freezing room. The TV had no reception, the shower was a dribble with small packets of toiletries. Wifi signal would not reach our room. Breakfast was fine but nothing spectacular. Overall quite disappointing for the price.

We would advise looking elsewhere if you are planning on staying here.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tommyh89
Reviewed 19 December 2016

This was a short break for my husbands birthday, we found the staff very helpful, food and service was great. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Really felt like home from home. Will definitely by returning

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Weeksy08
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

Myself and my wife arrived very late at night as I had been out on exercise with the army, however we had already notified the hotel about this well ahead in advance which begged the question why we ended up locked out for well over 10 minutes before someone let us in. The staff at reception weren't particularly friendly and we were both made to feel like a massive inconvenience for them. After returning the next day from our trip to town we found that the room had been tidied however the bed sheets had not been changed despite there being a blood stain on them. The whole trip was tainted by the poor treatment from the hotel staff and to be honest it cost a lot of money to stay here. I would tell anyone to avoid staying here in the future.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ben T
Reviewed 4 December 2016

Just what we needed. Such a lovely place to stay. Jen was very welcoming and made us feel at home. We had dinner in the restaurant on the first night. Staff were very efficient and friendly. Food was nice. We sat in the lounge by the log fire with a drink from the bar before we were shown through to the restaurant. Good choices for breakfast and happy to say they catered for me - gluten free. Everything was clean and tidy. Odd down Park and ride into Bath is £2.75 each which saved all the hassle trying to get into Bath. Another enjoyable place we have found to stay nr Bath. Fully recommend.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Located in the countryside very near Bath and many other attractions. I have stayed here many times over the years and it consistently offers the traveller what he wants. Friendly and accommodating staff, a well kept and comfortable establishment with comfy beds and linen with lots of hot water!
The hotel restaurant has never disappointed me with the meals or service. First class all the way including delicious homemade soups.
Having a generous sized parking lot may seem like a small thing to some but knowing you can park just a few feet from your hotel after being away all day is just another big plus for me. I will keep coming back and would encourage others. You can' go wrong!

Room Tip: I've stayed in most of them w/o issue but prefer room 10.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends