“Panama Sarah Casita Stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Newly upgraded bathroom in Gaviota
Guests enjoying a BBQ we had for a birthday
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
Daniel B
“Panama Sarah Casita Stay”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

The on-line pictures and reviews of the casita, grounds and the owner, Sarah, were accurate. We stayed at ‘La Gaviota’. The casita made us think of a ‘beachy’ cottage. The casita and property were clean and well maintained. The pool was comfortable and a very welcome relief on hot days. The beach, which was only a few minutes’ walk away, was clean, quiet and really beautiful. Sarah was welcoming and always helpful. She actively ensured we had what we needed during our ~two week stay.
We had originally thought of taking the bus from Panama City to Coronado, but, in the end, as this was our first visit and our Spanish was lacking, we went ahead with Sarah’s recommended driver, Jose. He was very pleasant, met us at the airport and drove us comfortably to Coronado.
We went to Panama open to the possibility of buying a "future retirement place" but not with a self-imposed deadline or a requirement that we had to buy anything at all. We had let Sarah know our thoughts ahead of time. She didn't push any agenda and gave us our space to search and look around on our own at numerous possibilities in areas from Punta Chame to Pedasi. When we came back from our explorations and asked her advice she was very giving of her knowledge and connections. In the end, with her help, we purchased a property in Coronado and, through the people she knows, we are getting it finished and furnished. We are thrilled with the process and the result. We fell in love with Panama.
We highly recommend staying in one of Sarah’s units and, if you are so inclined, to work with her as your real estate agent. By the way, the weather in Coronado is much dryer than shows on the web….we visited in early July and expected thundershowers every day according to the weather reports. We had rain for one half day out of 12.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quiet and close to everything we wanted to see
Friends getaway Older travelers
Coach1949
Palm Desert, California
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Sarah was great. The location was wonderful, close to beach and restaurants. The grounds of the unit were beautiful and it gave you a chance to meet and visit with other guests. Sarah was available and spent some time in the pool with guests. Coronado was the last stop of our trip thru Panama and it worked out perfect.
I highly recommend the Casita.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Sarah, unit and location
Liked least: No complaints
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Laura C
Panama City, Panama
“Cozy Cosita for Solo Women Travellers, Couples, Families and Groups!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Highly recommend Sarah's casita's or any other properties that she owns and offers rentals in Panama. Not only is she highly knowledgeable about Panama and her community she is kind and offers any advice or direction to make your holiday, adventure or escape weekend more enjoyable. Not to mention her staff are the most welcoming people I have ever met!

I highly recommend anyone travelling solo - extremely safe neighbourhood (as I walked around Coronado everyday without any problems) - beautiful breath taking beaches - friendly Panamanian's and helpful Canadian & American expats. Just an amazing place to be.

I can't say enough positive things about my experience in Panama, as I met many beautiful people in a beautiful place that I will be returning to soon. If it wasn't for Sarah and her gracious hospitality and love for life, I'm not sure how my "adventure" would have turned out.

Sarah your the best!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It felt very cozy and the grounds are swimming pool are spectacular!
Liked least: When I had to leave ....
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Brett D
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent B&B experience”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

In a word, excellent! The property here in this residential neighborhood is absolutely beautiful. The casitas are spacious and very comfortable. Kitchens are well equipped too which presents excellent opportunity to cook or grill your own meals. The pool area is a gorgeous and relaxing atmosphere to cool off in this tropical climate. Sarah (owner) and her family (staff, Vilma and Luis) are fantastic people. They have all been very welcoming and nothing short of helpful and knowledgeable about the area. We are very pleased to have found this place, and would not hesitate to recommend a stay here to anyone we know.

Friends getaway Older travelers
Barbara V
Rowlett, Texas
“Good for Some---Not for others”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

The ground were lovely. The accommodations were okay. In all honesty I feel that this is probably a fun place in the high season when there are others there to socialize with.

When I first got there I opened the bathroom door and it fell off. I told Sarah, the owner and she had it repaired the next day. It still did not close properly, but it was okay. When I took a shower the next morning after getting nice and soapy the water went cold. I know this might not be a big deal for some but for me it was.. I told Sarah and she said it probably needed a battery. As it turned out there was not a problem with the battery. She told me to turn the water off and back on again and it would be hot. This method did not work for me. I was there for seven days and I never had a complete hot shower. (It wasn't that I took long showers....it was just that the water only stayed hot for a very short time). I told Sarah after the first day it really was not working out for me and I would like to find other accommodations. She said I would not get my money back that she had required that I wire to her the week before I got there. (All her Casitas were not occupied) This might be a perfect place for some, just not me. I was also put off a bit by being told not to put toilet paper in the toilet. I understand that with septic tanks this is sometimes a problem. I told Sarah that there was no hot water in the kitchen no matter how long I let it run. She once again said it might need to have the batteries changed. I don't know if she came in to check while I was not there, but I do know I did not have hot water in the kitchen for the seven days I was there. There was no maid service without an additional charge. A washing machine was provided, however for $85 per night during low season I didn't think I would have to wash my own towels. I do think it was a bit over priced for the accommodations during low season. I did not say anything and tried to make the best of it but I felt that Sarah was avoiding me. I was there for seven days and saw Sarah three times. She didn't even say good bye. There were no confrontations and I did not complain after she told me I was essentially stuck there. My advice would be to book it for a couple of days if you want and take a chance on extending your stay if you still want to because after she gets your cash there is no getting it back. I asked her for a receipt but so far I still have not received one. Like I said in the beginning this might be a great place for some......just not for me.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The grounds were lovely
Liked least: No hot water
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing