“We are sale-ing”

The Kings Ransom
Ranked #7 of 18 Quick Bites in Sale
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Pub lunches, date nights and after work drinks, it’s been a year of lost moments. So, say goodbye to the video calls, catch up TV and loungewear. Dig out those glad rags because it’s time to raise a glass, together at last! What are you waiting for? Book ahead for a guaranteed table… We can’t wait to see you!
Reviewed 29 May 2021

Lovely pub, great prices, great staff! The outdoor area is amazing and we will definitely be back! Thanks John!!

Date of visit: May 2021
Greene_K1ng, Manager at The Kings Ransom, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2021

Kylieby774im, thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Write a reviewReviews (362)

Reviewed 22 May 2021 via mobile

came with my partner we usually just have drinks but decided to have some lunch. we sat on the canal and ordered on the app. which is very easy to use. staff were very attentive and it was very clean. food was absolutely on point nothing to complain about.look forward to coming again. was lovely watching the work go by with brilliant service and top notch food

Date of visit: May 2021
Greene_K1ng, Manager at The Kings Ransom, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2021

Thank you so much for the 5 stars! I'm really pleased you enjoyed using our Order and Pay app, and I am really happy that you had a lovely time with us. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2021 via mobile

Quick service, friendly and enjoyed both food and drink. Great location, very much enjoyed the whole experience.

Date of visit: April 2021
Greene_K1ng, Manager at The Kings Ransom, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2021

Thank you for this lovely review and 5 star rating!

Reviewed 10 May 2021

I visited the Kings Ransom on Thursday and was pitying the staff as they tolerated awful weather conditions including heavy rain, wind and a brief hail shower.

Unfortunately the elements forces them, understandably to close. The staff approached every customer, explained the circumstances and promised all orders that had been placed would be honoured.

Well done guys in challenging times and horrific weather!

1  Thank brhowells
Greene_K1ng, Manager at The Kings Ransom, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2021

Thank you so much!

Reviewed 8 May 2021

I made a reservation for 4 for this evening. This booking was made on March 26th. Our friends arrived at 4.40 to find your pub all locked up with no signage anywhere as to what was going on. My friend rang me and I logged on to your website ..nothing on there referencing your closure. I then tried ringing to no avail. I did notice several recent reviews saying other people had a similar experience.
In view of the amount of business the hospitality trade is losing this is a very cavalier way to treat customers.
I have raised this issue with your head office.
Appalling customer Service!
Mrs Sue Partington

3  Thank U1891BIsuep
Greene_K1ng, Manager at The Kings Ransom, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2021

Hi,
Thanks for the review. During spells of bad weather we have had to close our beer garden for the safety of staff and customers. Please be assured that we phoned all of our customers who made a reservation and left a message if they didn't answer. We also posted on social media that we had to close. I am sorry that you missed our communication. In view of the amount of business the hospitality trade is losing a poor review like this is very damaging, and I would like to issue my apologies again that we had to close due to bad weather.