The rooms here are very comfortable, pretty basic and clean. We stayed in a one bedroom suite with our 2 young kids enjoying a long weekend skiing at Blue Mountain. The location can't be beat - you are steps away from the ski lifts and right in the middle of the Village, where all the restaurants and shops are. The skiing is not the best, but pretty good for what Ontario has to offer. The one bedroom suite has a kitchen, so we could get up early and prepare a full and healthy breakfast right in the room. There is a tv, fireplace and a comfortable couch (not so comfortable as a pull out bed, but the kids managed OK).
The only downside was the late night noise. People leaving the bars late at night would walk around the village and occasionally stand right outside our room (2 floors down) and scream and laugh and talk for hours which was really irritating since we wanted to get early starts to our ski days. Ask for a room that is on the quieter side of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Georgian, in the middle of the Village at Blue, is fashioned after a historic railway hotel, with 189 suites ranging in size from studios to 3 bedroom. Every suite features high-speed wireless internet access, in-room movies, a DVD player, flat screen LCD TV. Guests also have exclusive access to secure underground parking, games room, 2 outdoor hot tubs (open year round), outdoor pool (summer only), fitness room and sauna. Bachelor, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites include a fireplace, fully furnished kitchen and a balcony or patio. Studio units (regular size hotel rooms) have a kitchenette (small fridge, small sink, microwave, toaster, kettle, dishes and cutlery). Larger units (1 bedroom or larger) have a full kitchen. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Georgian - Blue Mountain Hotel Blue Mountains
- Grand Georgian Blue Mountain
- Grand Georgian Collingwood