US$ 126
US$ 114
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 134/night.

US$ 312
US$ 303
El Castillo Hotel(Ojochal)
US$ 245
Hotels.com
Phidjie Lodge(Ojochal)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscosta ricathe rooms were nicefresh fruitbeautiful view of the oceaninsect repellentfabulous breakfastother guestsincluded breakfast issuperb viewsenjoyed our stayaccommodating staffread a bookbeautiful hotelcano islandair conditionedshort drivewhale watching
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Visit this place again after 2 years and we enjoyed it.
As a nature-photographer I have to say this place is outstanding.
They build 2 small birding trails and they have more plans to extend all kind of possibilities to see wildlife in the area. Howler Monkeys are around. Its a short drive to the beautiful beach of Ojochal. Whale watching in 25 minutes . Tour guide for birding available. ( ask for Jeffer ). Rooms are fine with A/C but not very luxury. Wifi in the rooms.
Nice pool. We will be back in the future.
photo's see worldnature-photos.com

Room Tip: Best rooms are the oceanview rooms , rest of the rooms are the same
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
OsaJohn, General Manager at Hotel Lookout at Playa Tortuga, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Hi Ronald,
We enjoyed having you as a returning Guest. Your photographs of the wildlife around the resort are truly breathtaking. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Hotel Lookout.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I had the good fortune to select the Lookout for my first visit to the Southern Zone. The hotel has a beautiful, elevated site overlooking the ocean with a central pool and terrace from which to enjoy it.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with all my questions about the area. I enjoyed the restaurant and bar multiple times.

I highly recommend this hotel to visitors to the area, whether new or returning.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
OsaJohn, General Manager at Hotel Lookout at Playa Tortuga, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Greetings Allen,
Whether you are traveling to Costa Ballena for relaxation or for business, Hotel Lookout is The Place. Strategically located as the gateway to Osa and a myriad of activities, you can be as active or as relaxed as you want to be. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Hotel Lookout provides a unique vacation or getaway destination.
My list of 5 Star likes.
* The open air restaurant & bar that "Lookout" to the Pacific Ocean.
* The personal and friendly service of the staff; managers, waiters, and housekeeping.
* The comfortable and clean cabin style rooms.
* The quality, taste, and presentation of the restaurant menu selections.
* The proximity of various activities; bird watching, beach walking, hiking, whale watching, scenic drives, and experiencing local life.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
OsaJohn, General Manager at Hotel Lookout at Playa Tortuga, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Greetings, my staff and I appreciate your thoughts on our hotel. We work hard so your Holiday is a fun mix of what you want--whether that is relaxing in a pool lounger, snorkeling with turtles and dolphins of Cano Island or hiking Corcovado. Vacations at the Lookout are quite the memory makers. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

We travelled Costa Rica with our two little kids. The Lookout was fantastic, beautiful scenery, friendly and personal treatment, up-to-date installations.
Actually nothing to add. We know what it is like to read Tripdvisor reviews to judge whether a hotel suitable or not, this is a sure shot.

Room Tip: Cabins facing the ocean are obviously the preferred option.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LexiBarcelona
OsaJohn, General Manager at Hotel Lookout at Playa Tortuga, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Greetings Lexi,
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. My staff and I appreciate your kind words. Once Costa Rica is in your experience, you will want to return again and again. Hotel Lookout is such a great "base of operations" for Costa Ballena and Osa--whether you wish to just sit by the pool with a cocktail or spend your day experiencing a myriad of activities. Pura Vida!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

We did not stay at the hotel but went to the restaurant for dinner after reading excellent reviews. We were the only people in the place and the waiter acted like we were putting him out. He did not offer us drinks and when we received them, he never asked if we would like refills. He took our order and never came back to ask how things were. The food was good - nothing extraordinary. Maybe things are better during high season but our overall experience was just average.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
OsaJohn, General Manager at Hotel Lookout at Playa Tortuga, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Greetings,
I am glad you enjoyed the Nachos and I am so sorry the staff was less than attentive. We hope that you will return again and enjoy a very different experience. In the future, if I may be of help in any way, please contact me. I am very proud of my staff and my hotel and want you to enjoy coming here as much as we enjoy your patronage.