All reviews costa rica the rooms were nice fresh fruit beautiful view of the ocean insect repellent fabulous breakfast other guests included breakfast is accommodating staff read a book beautiful hotel cano island air conditioned short drive whale watching tortillas all kinds
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Hotel Lookout provides a unique vacation or getaway destination.
My list of 5 Star likes.
* The open air restaurant & bar that "Lookout" to the Pacific Ocean.
* The personal and friendly service of the staff; managers, waiters, and housekeeping.
* The comfortable and clean cabin style rooms.
* The quality, taste, and presentation of the restaurant menu selections.
* The proximity of various activities; bird watching, beach walking, hiking, whale watching, scenic drives, and experiencing local life.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
OsaJohn, General Manager at Hotel Lookout at Playa Tortuga, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Greetings, my staff and I appreciate your thoughts on our hotel. We work hard so your Holiday is a fun mix of what you want--whether that is relaxing in a pool lounger, snorkeling with turtles and dolphins of Cano Island or hiking Corcovado. Vacations at the Lookout are quite the memory makers. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

We travelled Costa Rica with our two little kids. The Lookout was fantastic, beautiful scenery, friendly and personal treatment, up-to-date installations.
Actually nothing to add. We know what it is like to read Tripdvisor reviews to judge whether a hotel suitable or not, this is a sure shot.

Room Tip: Cabins facing the ocean are obviously the preferred option.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LexiBarcelona
OsaJohn, General Manager at Hotel Lookout at Playa Tortuga, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Greetings Lexi,
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. My staff and I appreciate your kind words. Once Costa Rica is in your experience, you will want to return again and again. Hotel Lookout is such a great "base of operations" for Costa Ballena and Osa--whether you wish to just sit by the pool with a cocktail or spend your day experiencing a myriad of activities. Pura Vida!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

We did not stay at the hotel but went to the restaurant for dinner after reading excellent reviews. We were the only people in the place and the waiter acted like we were putting him out. He did not offer us drinks and when we received them, he never asked if we would like refills. He took our order and never came back to ask how things were. The food was good - nothing extraordinary. Maybe things are better during high season but our overall experience was just average.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
OsaJohn, General Manager at Hotel Lookout at Playa Tortuga, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Greetings,
I am glad you enjoyed the Nachos and I am so sorry the staff was less than attentive. We hope that you will return again and enjoy a very different experience. In the future, if I may be of help in any way, please contact me. I am very proud of my staff and my hotel and want you to enjoy coming here as much as we enjoy your patronage.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

After reading all the reviews we were convinced this would be the perfect spot to rest and enjoy the pacific beaches.

Unfortunately we were not able to sleep at all due to the terrible HOT temperature in our room with no A/C (we measured at over 91 fahrenheit) and no HOT WATER (!!) available at all.

Skip this place if you are looking for comfort, get more bang for your buck in many hotels around.

To make things worse we politely expressed our concerns to the hotel at 7am (there is no one available after 10pm) and all we heard back were some lame apologies. The person in charge was not surprised to hear the room temperature or the lack of hot water.

Disclosure: Realized after booking my room had no a/c listed. Seriously? $100+ a night and you expect a guest to feel comfortable with over 90 degrees in the room and no hot water?

We basically couldn't sleep at all and checked out at 7am to look for another hotel nearby.

Room Tip: Careful with the room with no a/c and no hot water
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
OsaJohn, General Manager at Hotel Lookout at Playa Tortuga, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Saludos Jakecrom,
As an Eco-friendly hotel, we enjoy offering Air Conditioning as an option. Normally the Ocean Breezes and the Ceiling Fans provide enough cooling for our two Standard Rooms; especially at night. For your next visit, try one of our Comfort Deluxe Guestrooms! I think you will find the Air Conditioning very comfortable.
Secondly, we are an Eco-Friendly hotel and offer just-in-time hot water. Unless we have no electricity, your room has abundant hot water. Our water supply is from mountain springs above the hotel. Most guests find the ambient temperature quite comfortable. I hope your future travels bring you back to Costa Ballena. We would love to welcome you again for a different experience.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

We came down for a family wedding and had the best experience of all our travels. The location is one of the bests you can get for the view. Watching the thunderstorm roll in from the ocean was exquisite. We had a great friendly atmosphere with other guests and staff. The staff was over and beyond what we have ever experienced. So helpful, kind, and very happy to please. Never heard No, when we had any inquires. We are so thrilled we hope to plan our wedding at this beautiful location. Thanks again very much for making our stay everything we could have hoped for. See you again soon. Adam and Amanda

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
OsaJohn, General Manager at Hotel Lookout at Playa Tortuga, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

Greetings Adam and Amanda,
It was such a pleasure to host your stay. We look forward to hosting your big event! Pura Vida.