See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 January 2017

We loved this place and the family that runs it! Enzo and Gineth are kind, accommodating and laid back, and they've really created a beautiful space for guests to just...relax. We went to bed each night with the smell of ylang ylang and jasmine wafting through the open windows (the houses all have AC and fans, but we didn't want it/need it...the temperature was perfect at night to let the wind blow in through the windows) and woke up each morning to birds chirping and an amazing breakfast. The houses are perfectly simple, clean and comfortable. Couldn't have asked for a more comfortable and beautiful place to stay, and the food was amazing!! And I don't think it's mentioned in the Travelocity's description, but there's wifi throughout the grounds, too!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2017

We enjoyed our stay. The bungalow was new and contemporary and there was a little patio with a hammock. The yard and pool area are beautifully landscaped and the restaurant has a great view over the property. The owner was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Pastas, pizzas, salads and wine, nothing beats a real Italian meal than mama y papas. Traditional and delicious, you feel like you are in Italy when you taste Enzo's food. Easy to find from the Costanera, this hotel offers villas for travelers at a decent price.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

This lodge was perfect after a great adventure in Drake Bay. The amenities are great, including pool, hammock and air conditioning. The hits is extremely clean and the grounds are beautiful. We read that others complained about the long walk up to the dining area, but as long as one is fairly agile it is not bad at all. Highly recommended. The food is nice too, so make sure to make your reservations. Enzo and his wife are warm, welcoming and very kind. Recommended. The breakfast views can't be beat!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2015

I am building a home in southwest CR at Serenity Gardens and needed a place near my building partner's home in Cortez. Up popped Mamma E Papa about 10 miles away in Ojachol. It is run by Enzo, a fellow paisan and his Costa Rica wife. Lovely, lovely people who take care of their guests. I got more "on the ground info" from Enzo than just about anyone I've met in my four previous visits (where to buy appliances and the like). The grounds are spotless and well manicured. Saw plenty of wildlife; iguanas, Scarlet Macaws, ghekkos and an anteater. Enzo is an excellent chef. Lasagna followed by pizza then cannelloni (three dinners, not all at once). The wine served with the meals, no,not with pizza, that was a beer night, was excellent. Breakfast is included and is excellent and will carry you through the day. I had dasayudo tipical twice and pancaked in between. Papaya, pineapple, OJ and coffee beforehand. I'll try the Italian coffee just for the heck of it next month.

My villa was very nice. The internet was sketchy and I mentioned this on my last night. Enzo reset something and bingo, as fast as anything you would need. My fiancé is thrilled that there is a beach basically across the Costanera del Sol that has egg-laying turtles. We will probably do that next month after consulting with Enzo.

If you are in the southwest Pacific zone, put Mamma E Papa on your itinerary!

Room Tip: There are four or five villas. There is one on the upper level. The rest are down a long set of steps.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business