All reviewsisle of skyesea viewlovely hoteldining roomkyle of lochalshhidden gemtwo nightsboard gamessmall hotelthis family run hoteltwin bedssuperb locationnice bathroomlounge arearooms are modernouter hebridesexcellent food
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Drove from Glasgow and spent 1 night before driving around the Isle of Skye. The hotel staff was friendly and the room was modern, appears to have been decorated recently with a good sized remodeled bath. The attached bar is large with a nice fireplace. We stayed on a Sunday night, the main dining room is not opened on Sunday night, but they have a full menu and table service in the bar which was a very nice room. Food was excellent. The bartender was very friendly and helpful with our plan for driving around Skye the next day. There is an outside area overlooking the water with benches and tables. Breakfast was great just like the dinner the night before. A family run hotel with friendly people, and easy access to drive to Skye. Check out their website for accurate pics of rooms and directions to the hotel. Glad we stayed there on our driving trip in Scotland.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TNG
Reviewed 8 October 2011

This is a great little hotel very warm and friendly The food is excellent .This is a family run hotel and it shows by the very friendly welcome you receive.I saw from one review that the person commented on the artex ceiling.I joked with the owner about this and promised not to mention it in my review if this is the only thing you can find wrong it must be a pretty good place ,and it is.Thanks very much for 2 excellent days , pity about the weather but then you can't have everything ,good accommodation,good food,good staff ,and good weather

Room Tip: Go for the dinner, bed and breakfast package with a sea facing room it is worth every penny
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigfellowSurrey
Reviewed 3 October 2011

The Tingle Creek Hotel was lovely - low key but welcoming. I have to admit I was a little wary when I saw the artex ceiling in the lounge and the endless tartan carpets everywhere. The room, however, was a pleasant surprise. The decor and furniture were simple but modern and seemingly brand new, especially the bathroom which was absolutely immaculate. The room was small but very comfortable and perfect for a short stay on our way further north. Dinner was good, followed by a drink in front of the fire (the artex looked decidedly more charming by firelight) and the staff extremely friendly. Views from the breakfast room were fantastic. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rbkayne
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We stayed at this beautiful hotel for 8 nights, and couldn't have asked for anything better! The owners and staff were very friendly and efficient, and made us feel more like friends than paying guests! The food was excellent, and we can't praise the kitchen staff enough for accommodating our occasional strange dietary request!
They went the extra mile to help us on our way home when we encountered a problem. We hope to stay at this wonderful hotel again!

Room Tip: Room 2 has a king size bed, and overlooks the loch.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nodlag
Reviewed 2 October 2011

This was my 1st trip to Skye, and when I return I will try to get booked into the Tingle Creek. Natalie was very accommodating with my diet, I know I'm a very fussy eater. The views were amazing and I really enjoyed my week there.

Room Tip: If possible try to get one overlooking the Loch as mine did.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family