Hotels.com
Destinia.com
Agoda.com
FindHotel
Trip.com
All reviews resort hotel guest lounge dish bay japan
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2019

Was taken here for lunch by a good friend. Amazingly good food and wonderful service. We had multiple courses from lobster soup, to abalone to local steak and delicious desserts. Started with a glass of Perrier Jouet champagne and followed by both red and white burgundies. I did not pay for this and I am sure it must have been very expensive but for a totally wonderful dining experience it could not be beaten.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Gillies M
FarAway805766, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shima Kanko Hotel the Classic, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2019

Thank you for coming to Shima Kanko Hotel.
We are so happy you are satisfied with our lunch.
We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 6 June 2019

Stayed here on a Saturday night and had a very nice time.
The hotel previously hosted the G7 summit and there is memorabilia from the event all over the hotel.
The rooms aren't bad, but certainly not what you'd expect of a five-star hotel.
A huge win for the guest floor with free drinks and snacks. The gym had a couple of machines, could definitely do with more equipment.
The food and restaurant was exceptional. Particularly good abalone steak and terrine dishes. I would recommend this hotel for a stay in the Mie / Shima area.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FarAway805766, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shima Kanko Hotel the Classic, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2019

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. we are so happy you stayed comfortable. we are looking forward to seeing you again.
sincerely,

Reviewed 10 February 2019

Otherwise pleasant stay marred by poor management behavior.

On my morning of checkout, I was running late to a tour in Toba. Running out the door, I vacated the room, left my key, asked the bell desk to hold my luggage - and informed the front desk that I would settle the final bill upon my return from the tour.

They told me that this would be impossible, that I needed to stay and handle the payment formalities immediately. Knowing formalities in Japan, especially at high-end establishments, are handled with great attention to detail and care, this would surely make me late for the train and my tour. A manager attended to me and when I quickly explained the situation, he told me "that is not of my concern. You may not leave without paying first."

At a hotel where service is lauded, a guest's concern should be your concern - the lack of care and poor treatment from this manager shocked me and marred an otherwise pleasant stay.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank xdarnold
FarAway805766, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shima Kanko Hotel the Classic, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2019

Thank you very much for contacting us about the incident that occurred when you stay in our hotel.

We understand your situation about payment formalities well.
However, we are sorry that in that case, we cannot postpone your payment formalities because of our rule.

Nevertheless, we thought our manager ought to have more consideration for you.
We apologize for you about it and will make further efforts in providing better service.

We ask for your kind understanding.
Also we would be most grateful if you would continue using our hotel.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 10 February 2019 via mobile

It's a classic (i.e. old) Japanese hotel in the gorgeous bay of Ise Shima. Yes, the hotel is bit dated and pool area is bland but rooms are well-kept, lounge has gorgeous view of the bay, and wonderful gardens. But the highlight of this hotel is their restaurant and its award-winning abalone dish. I am no fan of abalone and in fact, I'd rather not eat it but I LOVED their abalone steak. I will come back here just for that!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 理沙 室

Warm greetings from Shima Kanko Hotel.
We are delighted to hear that our services met your expectation. I sincerely hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this resort hotel for 2 nights and I am most impressed by the Shima Kanko Hotel the Classic. Spacious rooms, excellent front-staff hospitality and excellent food & beverages. Highly recommended for any type of traveling groups

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank cuegolf
FarAway805766, マネージャー at Shima Kanko Hotel the Classic, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear Andy C

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel.

we are so happy you stayed comfortable.

we are looking forward to seeing you again.

sincerely,