All reviews an added bonus close proximity to the airport mini fridge personal touch chinese restaurant nice person keep up the good work the owner small hotel booked this hotel business trip cable tv an overnight stay recommend this hotel air conditioning next morning mike
Reviewed 14 August 2018

In transit in Trinidad and I spent 1 night at the hotel. I did not book beforehand, but I would suggest you do since when I arrived at the hotel there was only 1 single room left. The clerk was very friendly in welcoming me. The room was very clean and the sheets were very clean too. 2 bottles of water and 2 bottles of chubby (Trinidadian soft drink) come complementary with the room. Internet was good. I had a good night's rest and left the next day.
I had some issues with the television: the night that I arrived I watched cable (CNN mainly) but when I flipped through the channels the next morning a number of channels did not show (seem like there was no reception).

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel 14 days and It was a bit noisy due too some construction,but the manager did give me heads up they were under construction,the walls are very thin you can hear everyone who’s talking in the hallways ,Workers are very pleasant,I would recommend this hotel too anyone ,I felt safe during my stay and always felt welcomed ,I would stay at this hotel again if I go back too trinidad on vacation,I was very satisfied with the level of respect i got while being there,I would like too thank the guy who work night shift for being such a gentleman and for his kindness,I would also like too tell the owner thank you for the cough syrup he gave me when I wasn’t feeling well and thank you for being so generous and kind,May god continue to bless your business. M.D

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2018

I booked this hotel through booking.com about 3 months ago. When I arrived to the property, no one was behind the desk and there was no sign up saying when someone would be there. So we waited for about 15 minutes until someone drove up to tell us she was at the airport picking up travelers and then waited an additional 15 minutes for her to arrive. When we got there, we already felt like booking something else as the location seemed really isolated and not as close to the airport as it looked like in the description. It's a good thing we made other arrangements while we were locked out because she had no record of our confirmation, even though I had the paperwork with me. She was a nice enough night manager for the hotel, but the lack of communication and the delay in processing/offering assistance is enough for me to write this review. I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jess A
Reviewed 14 June 2018

I sent 2 nights here and was very pleased and satisfied with the location, cleanliness, comfort, facilities and most of all the staff. Mike and Marilyn went out of their way to ensure that my every need was properly and meticulously looked after in a very professional and "Trini" style way.
The welcome/check in process was smooth and very quick. The room was in great condition, Cable TV, Air Conditioning, Good WiFi Service, Shower, Toilets all good standards. Refrigerator was stocked with bottled water and local soft drinks all complimentary and refilled daily.
Breakfast was complimentary and being a vegetarian, my every culinary requirements were respected. I was well fed, the island way.
Mike ensured that I was comfortable and did not need to hunt for anything.
Marilyn provide shuttle service to the nearby Chinese restaurant and doubles vendors within minutes from the hotel.
They ensured that they shuttled me to the airport 5 mins away to catch my outbound flight. The restaurant "Thai" I believe will be completed in July and I can hardly wait to return to the roof top ambiance that will be created when completed.
Great Location, Great Service, Awesome Hosts, I wont expect them to not be overbooked with this incredible level of hospitality.
See you guys soon. Already booked for October trip.!!!

Room Tip: Upper Floor has single beds. Lower floor I believe has double beds.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
pradeep d, Manager at Grand Diamond Trinidad, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Hi we are overwhelm with your true review you have describe the hotel in depth we love it when people give us the truth.thanks and see you Mike AND STAFF

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I arrived in Trinidad and had a long layover before flying home to Canada. My wife had heard of this Hotel and suggested it for a rest before heading back to the airport.
One of the owners picked me up and even stopped on the way to the hotel to pick up some refreshments. A very nice person with an excellent personality.
The Hotel is exceptionally clean and tidy. The front desk person very nice and welcoming. The budget room was more than adequate and very comfortable . High end construction. They are adding a restaurant and bar and in the process of building an elevator.
I would recommend this Hotel and look forward to staying again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Hi thank you for your kind review we love it see you soon Mike