Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$87
View deal
Hotels.com$105
Expedia.com$105
Travelocity$105
Priceline$87
eDreams$87
Orbitz.com$105
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 May 2019 via mobile

it is nowhere near the pics they have on their site. The hotel has lovely vintage style and beautiful location. However it is very visible it has been renovated a looong time ago and has no maintenance.
We went as a group and initially got a room that was not even listed (the rest of the group had economy rooms - but that is the deal of agency... probably) Our room was HORRIBLE - small and dark with dirty bathroom. I went to complain to reception - they did not seem surprised. We received another room, but a temporary one, as she said she has no vacant rooms - although they knew weeks ahead that our 50+ person group is coming.
The temporary room we got was with a HOLE IN THE ROOF. At this point I wanted to cry... When I went to complain again, I asked what room is this, and if they can show me the listed price, the receptionist quite rudely asked back "what's my problem as she already told me next day we will get a normal room". Later they at least fixed the hole and put on the heating.
On the second day we finally got a normal room. ...Not once did I hear an apology.
The quality of breakfast is not even worth mentioning - cheap hostels usually offer better than this "3*" hotel.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Love at first sight! It is an old building with antique furniture, all very appealing. The bathrooms are modern. The breakfast is delicious. I wish I had more time to stay there. I can highly recommend it as a base for daytrips around Tuscany.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I would have liked to spend more time at this location. The old charm interior and the friendly service made me feel good. The surroundings are serene. The restaurant delivers excellent authentic Tuscan food. I looked at the river and the beautiful gardens from my bedroom window.
I highly recommend this place.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 20 July 2017

This was our second stay here. It is amazing value, in a great location on the edge of the lovely old town of Pescia and very close to the beautiful mountains of Northern Tuscany. It was an old paper mill and has been very creatively turned into an amazing hotel building keeping many of the original features. But, and it is quite a big but, the management do not make as much of it as they could do. For some reason they have stopped using the lovely gardens in the evening. On our first stay they put a bar out there and some snacks, and it was a very pleasant place to spend all evening. Now they've decided instead to direct all guests wanting a drink or something to eat to their sister establishment the New York Pub, a short walk up the road. Why would anyone want to visit Italy to spend time in somewhere called the New York Pub, which is nowhere near as nice as the hotel. We were told that this move had been implemented at the beginning of July. Please management, reverse this decision, or we shall not be going back. The staff are mostly helpful - a big thank you to Antonio who is fantastic - but some others definitely need to smile a little more. We guess the garden closure decision is all to do with saving money, so presumably staffing levels are at a minimum, which shows. Please get your act together San Lorenzo before it's too late.

Room tip: Our rooms at the back were quite noisy
Date of stay: July 2017
2  Thank Elfbrook
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I stayed at the San Lorenzo whilst in Tuscany visiting some friends who have a villa just outside of Pescia.

I arrived very late at night, thankfully with a friend who was driving - I'm not sure how I'd have found the place otherwise! The reception is open 24/7 and even past 1am, the welcome was warm and I was offered water from the little bar to take upstairs.

The room was beautiful, with ancient stone walls, wooden beams and shutters, and a marble sink in the bathroom. Much of the furniture also appeared to be antique. I woke in the morning to the most beautiful view down the valley and with the sound of the stream running by the hotel (which used to be some kind of mill - there's still a working water wheel under a glass floor in the hotel lobby)

The room and all linens were clean and plentiful, the only downside to the room was that there wasn't any guide to the hotel and local area, which would have been helpful.

Breakfast was served, continental style in the dining room, which has doors that lead up to an outside patio area. Sadly, the doors were closed at the time of my visit - I would have enjoyed eating breakfast out by the stream.

The hotel staff were friendly, but unobtrusive and very helpful to me, given I don't speak Italian at all.

I borrowed a bike from the hotel to cycle down to Pescia train station for a day out, which was lovely. If I came back to this hotel, I'd definitely make use of the bikes again it was a lovely way to get around.

The pool area at the hotel is next to the Santa Caterina building and is also very clean and nice with a café/bar, but with a sign saying you can't charge food and drinks to the room. I didn't see any pool towels available there, so I'd brought one from the room.

Overall, my experience of the hotel was excellent and I made sure to recommend it to my friends who often have visitors coming from the UK.

Date of stay: July 2016