See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We decided at the last minute to book New Years skiing in Tremblant and no surprise all the reasonably priced rooms in the Village were sold out and the few that were remaining were outrageously over priced. Fortunately we happened upon this quaint little inn just outside of Tremblant and was priced very reasonably; 3 nites at pretty much the same rate as one nite in the Village.

As with any last minute bookings I'm always concerned about settling for a place that negatively affects our entire trip.

Upon our arrival the owners Geraldine and Jean were most welcoming and they had a complete visitors package ready for us upon our arrival. Geraldine took the time to explain the local amenities and route to Tremblant which was according to their web site only 7 km (and to our surprise was the case but to less popular gondola-less North side).

We were shown to our rooms by Jean and you could tell that the rooms were in a previous life part of a strip motel, however my concerns we were soon set aside by the quality of the renovations and decor of the rooms. We took the 1 1/2 rooms which consisted of a pull out bed and separate bedroom with a queen to sleep the four of us. The main room itself was nicely furnished with a flat screen TV, electric fireplace and a pull out couch. The kitchen had a fridge and stove all in very good working order. Cutlery and dishware were all in good shape and in good matching quantity. The two bathrooms while tight had also been tastefully renovated and in very good working order. On our first day we took a soak in the hot tub after a 6 hour drive which was excellent and only a 30 sec walk from our back door. Internet access was also very good and consistently available.

As it turned out starting each ski day on the north side worked out well as there are no line-ups and definitely less hectic as all the crowds were on the more popular south side. Just be warned that the 7km drive to the ski hill road while well paved is twisty, narrow, and snow covered such that my wife did not want any part of the driving.

My only beef(s) about the place was that I always felt a little chilly in the rooms even though we had the baseboard heaters set at 25C and the electric fireplace going full tilt. Both the floors and walls always felt cold to the touch suggesting the need for more insulation or building structures better suited for warmer weather. To be fair the outdoor temperature was -30C however after a day of skiing in that weather I really wanted a warm place to return to.

In summary I would definitely recommend this Inn as its excellent value and service by two very caring owners. For 4 or more people I would suggest booking the bigger two bedroom unit with the wood fireplace.

Room Tip: During the winter months take the room with the wood fireplace and don't forget your house slippers.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed in the big house at Le Vent du Nord for Christmas. We loved it so much we made it a tradition every year. The house is perfect in size, specious, warm with a feel that you are in a really nice house in the mountains.
First off the town is lovely and idyllic with a pristine, quiet lake in the middle of it. With one store in town it made you feel like you were living a Norman Rockwell Christmas painting.
Check in was a breeze. Greeted by Jean and Geraldine they are warm, nice and helpful, attentive to our every need or questions and very accessible.
The house is stacked with more firewood than you need, which is good for the awesome fireplace, an essential in mountain get-always. The grounds are beautiful and a couple of mornings we left apples in the snow for the deer to come eat. One day one ate an apple from my 5 year old son’s hand!
My favorite part is a spa located in it’s own log dwelling on the back deck with a bar area and the ceiling open like a football stadium with an open dome. You can lay in the tub out of the elements yet still gaze at the stars or even better watch the snow flakes trickle down in front of you as they find their way to melt in the hot bubbling water.
If you ever leave the spa to go back to the house, the kitchen is very modern but with that mountain house feel.
There is a small room with a circular bench that’s perfect to place a Christmas tree in the middle. My 7 year old dubbed it the “Christmas Tree room”. I kid you not! When it’s not a holiday it’s a great place to curl up with a warm book.
The bedrooms were comfy and cozy while awaiting Santa or what tonight’s snowfall will bring tomorrow morning.
Also one year more family members wanted to join us in our magical traditions, and there is a loft that sleeps 4 that we rented to accommodate our cousins. It was all very comfortable.
The North side of Tremblant is only 5Km away. The best kept secret in Quebec. If you want to avoid Parking Lot 9, the buses, the long ticket lines, the Cabriolet and the day trippers from the city this is where you want to go. One parking lot, one ticket hut and the best skiing on the mountain. The best of all at the end of the day, ski to the car, kick off your skis open the car door, and drag you sore, tired body into the seat for the 5 minute ride back to your dream house and the hot spa.
If you want to go to the village with the great shops, awesome restaurants and cool scene it is only 20 minutes away.
There are also extensive trails right on the property that you can hike, snowshoe or cross country ski that can lead to waterfalls.
We have also stayed here in the summer, same experience just minus the snow and Christmas tree. (More emphasis on that idyllic lake and your own private dock with kayaks and Parc Tremblant, 3 KM away.)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Travelling a lot. We stay 3 night at the hotel. Excelent service, cosy and very nice place. Nice place by the lake and near national park. Fishing, boat rental, Try, we belive you will be happy. Leyla and Jan from Norway

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I've been here many times before and I'm always satisfied. This time I stayed in suite #2 and the room is beautiful, clean and very spacious with a modern feel to it. As for the bed, we slept like babies, the mattress was very comfortable as well as the pillows which is rare. Considering the price we paid I definitely think it was a great bargain and very reasonable.

Firstly I'd like to say that you're in the Country surrounded by forest, satellite signals aren't that strong to begin with so it's normal you might not get full internet connection but the whole point of a getaway is to actually get away and if you have an emergency at least there is functional Wi-Fi available.

We had a nice patio with a BBQ and direct access to the outdoor hot tub, which is very clean and such a treat. Nothing beats a late night soak while gazing up at the stars.

The lake is beautiful, yes it's about a 5-10 minute walk but it's worth the small walk once you get there they have a nice pier with chairs on the dock and you are surrounded by mountains and hills. They have canoes and a pedal boat , we had such a laugh trying to navigate the pedal boat on the water but it made for great memories.

The owners are very hospitable and nice, made you feel welcome and were very helpful in guiding us on activities. You're about a 15-20 minute drive from Mont Tremblant which is fabulous for a night out on the "town" or a fun day.

We had a fire place in our room and yes there was a bit of ash left but anyone who is a regular at making fires in a fire place knows that it's easier to start a good fire when there's a bit of coal left, so I was happy it was there.

Once again I had a great time and enjoyed my stay and I will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We booked Le Studio for 4 nights at 125 per night.
This is a very small studio, can't stress that enough. We knew it was going to be small, and that was fine since we only planned to be there to sleep.

Pros
-Check-in was a breeze.
-Very clean studio
-Kitchen had everything we needed, except for dishcloth and paper towel
-Bathroom recently remodeled, it was fantastic and modern.
-Couch was comfy and not too outdated
-The spa was fantastic and in great working condition.
-Convenient location if you’re skiing at Tremblant.

Cons
-Internet is very spotty in this room. We had 2 smart phones and a laptop. The 2 phones could not get a wireless connection unless we were standing in the bed area. The laptop however was fine. Don't count on internet for your smartphone unless you feel like standing the whole time.
-Bed, mattress quality was bad, really bad. We slept alright, but wouldn't return because of this reason alone.
-Fireplace was full of ashes from previous tenants, no bucket to clean it out. Had to ask for one, and I had to do it myself.
-The wood was wet. I had problems keeping a fire going and we have a fireplace at home. I know how to make a fire and keep it going.
-The studio only has 2 baseboards to heat up the place. We were there over family weekend, and it was -20C to -30C most nights, freezing. It simply couldn't keep up. We had to keep a fire going every time we weren’t sleeping, morning and night. This coupled with the wet wood made it horrible…

Would not return.