Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Priceline
$140
View deal
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 June 2022

Thank you Golf Hotel Kakamega for hosting me.

The hotel is a tucked away gem in Kakamega. Awesome ambience, comfy bed and expansive scenery to help the mind. Awesome golf play across the fence too.

Keep it up.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Golf Hotel Kakamega, Guest Services / Front Office at Golf Hotel Kakamega, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2022

Thank you John for the feedback. We are encouraged to keep enhancing our service delivery levels. We look forward to hosting you once again

Reviewed 13 June 2022 via mobile

We have been to this hotel several times and it has got progressively worse. The food is over priced and of a mediocre standard. The staff hate any children having fun in the pool. You’d think we had entered a fun free zone, rather than paid a lot of money to go to a hotel! Will not use again!

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you Shelley for the feedback. We have noted your concern over our MENU and will incorporate your concerns in our progressive processes. The Management is committed to ensuring safety of the children in the swimming pool and we uphold morality in those using the pool hence breach of either will always call for intervention by the responsible staff. Health and safety remain our priority.

Reviewed 29 September 2021

I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy my stay at Golf Hotel Kakamega. The service is excellent; Awesome super-friendly staff who are keen to attend to your needs at any given minute.

But they have a not-so-good experience in some areas that need immediate fixing.

That being said, I'll break down this review into three sections:

1. The Rooms
- On a scale of 1-10, I'd give their rooms a 7.1. Why so? The only remarkable thing about the rooms is the garden view you get from the balcony. Other than this, they lack to a large extent. More work needs to be done on their closets and bathrooms.

2. The Restaurant/Food
- Again, save for the local Kenyan cuisines, Golf Hotel performs average when it comes to the meals. I resided here for three weeks, and I had hoped for international and diverse cuisines on the menu, but unfortunately, I didn't get any.

3. Location
- Golf Hotel has good proximity to Kakamega town. It's tucked in a serene location away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

But it's a walkable distance to the town, to be precise. Several major supermarkets and a mall also neighbor the hotel should you want to buy general/personal stuff.

Finally, the weather is also superb. But Kakamega rains a lot, so remember to carry your umbrella if you'll be staying here for a while.

Room tip: Choose rooms on the first floor or second floor as they have a good balcony view.
Date of stay: September 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Golf Hotel Kakamega, Owner at Golf Hotel Kakamega, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2022

Thank you Kelvin M for your in - depth feed back on our facility, we really appreciate this opportunity to improve. We are sorry to have taken long to respond to you as we purpose to improve on the weak areas and maintain the strong ones.
On staff we have noted your complement and will continue to empower and motivate our staff in order to maintain the excellence in service.
On our rooms we are in the process of refurbishment, with priority being given to closets and bathrooms.
In order to enhance variety in cuisine, we have engaged an international Chef who is steering us in this process.
Thank you once more for the valuable feed back and we look forward to hosting you again.
Hellen Chilla
Operations Manager

Reviewed 9 September 2020 via mobile

On a rainy late afternoon after work. A book and the Tea, no sugar needed. It was a spiritual experience.
The service check, food check, the beds, and oh my word that Tea.
I'll be back again and again.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2020

Comfortable rooms, with a view of their well-maintained grounds. Breakfast was generous, buffet style. Their coffee needs work, but then it's not a typical Kenyan drink anyway. From the restaurant, you can view the pool and see the leading lights of Kakamega enjoying life with their families. My Kenyan friends and colleagues enjoyed meeting me at the hotel -- it's conveniently located in the centre of town. Definitely, my choice the next time I'm in Kakamega.

Date of stay: May 2019