“Training course stay”

Kings Arms Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 123 Restaurants in Bicester
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 33
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I opted to stay here for a training course my company had put me on. It was very close to the training course and also very close to the shopping village if you wanted to walk or visit.

I was welcomed by very friendly stay who told me for staying here you would get discount at the shopping village if I took one of the leaflets given to me to exchange at the Bicester shopping village train station.

Hotel was very friendly very clean. I stayed in the single bed, I'd advise if you usually sleep in a double bed or you are a fidget at night you may prefer a larger bed. But it was very comfy.

Breakfast was very simply yet nice, I opted for the Brioches, cereal and yogurt option.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Nice bar with a couple of real ales. Attentive, friendly and helpful staff and the food is excellent and not overpriced considering it's a hotel. A comfortabl place!

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely evening with attentive and friendly staff. We had starters from the specials board and I can highly recommend the cheese soufflé it was delicious. Our mains of Chicken ballotine and the pork belly we also very tasty. Would happily eat here again soon

Reviewed 28 May 2018

I'd eaten here a couple of time before in 2016 & 2017 and it had always been a pleasurable experience but this time was odd to say the least.
A friend and I decided to eat at the Kings Arms on a Thursday night; the restaurant wasn't overly busy although there was a part of approx 15 people. My friend and I decide to go straight into the main meal. The staff were polite and took our order. My friend ordered salmon and a Calypso coffee; I ordered the creamy Cajun chicken pasta. The first rather strange problem occurred when the waitress declared that they could provide an Irish coffee but not a Calypso coffee. My friend asked if they had a shot of Tia Maria available to which the reply was 'yes' so my friend said she'd have an Irish but hold the whisky and substitute it with Tia Maria (a Calypso!). The waitress happily returned with said drink!
The food arrived in reasonable time and we tucked in but for the life of me I couldn't trace any cream in the creamy Cajun pasta. The dish was however SWIMMING in oil to the point that when moving the pasta the void simply filled with oil. The chicken pieces were rock hard to the point of being inedible and as I couldn't swallow them I left two thirds of the dish! The waitress asked if our food was O.K and I politely mentioned that the pasta dish was extremely oily, she just shrugged and said she'd mention it in the kitchen. My friends salmon dish was apparently very good.
We ordered ice cream for dessert especially as I was of course still hungry and I have to say it was very nice. The waitress didn't mention anything more about the bad main meal and we were charged £43 for two main meals, two coffees and two ice creams which is a bit steep given the variable quality of the food and service.

1  Thank KLaser
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We had Bedroom one which was a fantastic room with the WOW factor. On entry to our room we couldn't believe it as it was massive and extremely well furnished with an ensuite bath and separate shower.
All the staff were so pleasant and couldn't do enough for us.
We walked from the hotel to the outlet centre coming back for a scrumptious meal.
Breakfast was excellent with everything you could wish for. If we come back to the area we will definitely return to this amazing hotel.