“Good stop ”
Review of Farmshop

Farmshop
Reserve with OpenTable
Farmshop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 126 Restaurants in Bicester
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 25
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped by for dinner after some long hours of shopping at the Bicester Village. Ordered the pasta and Pimms. A great stop before we headed off to Oxford late in the evening. The pasta was good to fill the hungry stomachs and the drinks to quench the thirsty throats. Overall it is commendable. Thumbs up.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank 662DavidA
Dominika T, Guest Relations Manager at Farmshop, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Thank you for such a lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

To start off, I have to say, I'm not a coeliac etc or someone with an epipen level food allergy, so I'm not the person to write a review from that point of view. I didn't ask about cross-contamination, so I can't comment on it either way. I am however on an exclusion diet at the moment (and have a growing appreciation of how hard it is to do food on the go if you do have dietary needs!).

On to Farmshop. The greeting and waiting staff were both very friendly and accommodating when I said that I had dietary requirements. The person who showed me to my table clearly outlined what had gluten and what could be made gluten free. Looking through the menu though, I could see there weren't a lot of options around my exclusions. E.g. potatoes are out. Cow-dairy is out.

What is fantastic is that the lady who took my order was prepared to take what was essentially a bespoke order, and she was really friendly about it.

I ended up ordering a slice of gluten-free toast, smashed avocado, poached eggs, and the 'salad side' of chicken. It came very promptly, and without any eye rolling or tutting - if anything, the server was very kind and could appreciate the difficulties of what I was trying to navigate.

When the food came, it was excellent. Farmshop - where do you get your eggs? Can I buy some? They had seriously rich yolks. Lovely GF bread, avocado, juicy grilled chicken, and some zesty slices of lemon.

I had done some research, and stopped at Farmshop on the basis of tripadvisor reviews. I was absolutely rewarded for my search, and had a great experience.

Thank you very much!

2  Thank E G

No, thank you! That was a lovely review to read - we really appreciate it. As for the eggs, you'll have to keep coming back to enjoy! :) Just kidding, if you give us a ring i'm sure our chef will be so kind as to let you know.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We ate here after a busy shopping day and my first visit to Bicester Village. We liked the look of this and it was my friends birthday the next day so we decided to eat here. Very surprised by the good quality of the food and the cocktails. We both had asparagus which was delicious and the salad was very good. The staff were very friendly and it was a very welcoming restaurant. Would visit it again. It is minutes to the train station and very convenient to pop in on your way home.

2  Thank Caz5559
Dominika T, Public Relations Manager at Farmshop, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi! Thank you so much for a lovely review. We're so glad you've enjoyed your visit and we're hoping to see you again in the nearest future.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I came here to meet a friend for an impromptu late lunch. We sat upstairs outside which is a lovely spot away from the hubbub of the shops. We both ordered the roasted vegetables and halloumi salad with garlic bread, which I can thoroughly recommend. The service was very good and the waiting staff were polite and friendly. After this visit I will definitely be my new place to meet friends for lunch over the local garden centre. Ignore those negative comments and give this place a go.

2  Thank Paul C

Hi Paul. Thank you very much for a lovely and detailed review. We're so glad you've enjoyed the experience at our restaurant and we're looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I visited yesterday while out on a long drive with the other half and little one. We then decided to Buy a few bits and bobs, got hungry in the process. Our usual bicester haunt had closed down so we thought we'd give this place a try. The staff were friendly, helpful and prompt. (2 out of 3 stars are dedicated to them) the menu was pretty simple. We got the Fish and Chips, and the Chicken and cheddar burger with their homemade coleslaw on the side. Upon arrival of the food, the portion sizes were quite generous. A good sized fish and plenty of crinkle cut chips (definitely frozen and not fresh). The coleslaw was good. But the chips were really underwhelming, in opinion they didn't complement the Fish at all and more importantly the style of the menu and restaurant. Anyhow our bill came to £52.03 with 3 drinks on there too.

But here's where it all went wrong. As soon as leaving the restaurant (we were in there from about 1815 onwards), I got the most nasty stomach turn I've ever had. I ran to the toilets and was keeled over watching the Fish return to water with its new mates the chips and coleslaw. It was a horrible horrible feeling which has had me reeling until this morning, which inclined me to write this review. Sadly I left my receipt in the restaurant, otherwise I would have been sure to upload it here.

Verdict. Not too sure of whether I'd give it another go. First experience was crappy (literally!), but the Mrs enjoyed it, and the menu does look good. Oh BTW, The Chicken is Halal too.

4  Thank adamEatingtheApple
Dominika T, Public Relations Manager at Farmshop, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Hi Adam. Could you please drop us a line at feedback@quentinrestaurants.com? We'd like to get in touch.