“Brilliant B&B”

Ranked #2 of 19 Bicester B&B and Inns
Henlow, United Kingdom
“Brilliant B&B”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Stayed at Watts Lodge this past weekend for a family function - what a find. I cannot believe someone has said it was cold and damp. I shared the downstairs room with my aunt and had to sleep with the patio doors open as the room was SO warm !! My fault - didn't think to turn down the radiator until the following day.
Wonderful bathrooms, so large and brilliant power shower - having been in Shropshire for 3 nights before with a dribbling shower in a B&B his was AMAZING ....
The breakfast options were fantastic - all made at your request, with a choice of cereals, toast and jams and full english.
Thanks for a lovely stay, will definately be returning - a warm welcome from all.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Selsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Damp, cold, and sub-standard rooms; contributing to a sleepless night. Hospitality rated at the bottom of the barrel as staff not accomodating to minimal breakfast requests. Would have refused to pay if staying a hotel.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dennis M
Hotel-Inspector2011, Owner at Watts Lodge, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
I am the owner of this B & B and I feel that the review by Dennis M is unfair and
not truthful (you only have to read other reviews to notice that). Dennis M was
staying as part of a family group who i can say were extremely pleased with the
accomodation and our hospitality. I would also like to add that Dennis M did not
raise any issues at the time of his stay as I would have strived to rectify them, we
do not have damp in any of our rooms, they are not cold (if anything can be too
warm!) and are definately not sub-standard. May I suggest that if you are looking
for 5* hotel standard that you book into a hotel and not a B&B in future. I am very
disappointed to hear you were not happy with your stay and would have been willing
to refund the cost to you had you raised any issues with me.
Wareham
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We have been using Watts Lodge every month for the last seven years. It is always immaculately clean, great power shower, comfortable beds, very helpful friendly owners who run the B&B and the freshly cooked breakfast beats any breakfast we have had elsewhere (including 5* hotels).
It is the best value in Bicester. We have tried others when Watts lodge has been full!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 70something
London
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Pleasantly surprised by the standard lovely big, comfortable beds, very clean, and a lovely power shower.....had an excellent nights sleep, and a good breakfast to start the day. Will definately be going back very central for business

Room Tip: I have now stayed twice and both rooms very good.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Pippa F
warminster, wiltshire
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Telephoned to arrange to stay and when i advised them i would arrive by 9.30 pm, i was told this was too late as they all go to bed early as they get up at 5 am and he likes to make sure everyone is in before 9pm where possible -(I felt like a child). I told him i would do my best and he then told me it was cash payment only - this always arouses suspicions as I need a receipt as it was a work related stay. I politely told him to forget it and put the phone down - I would never call them again - they may have a very nice place but first impressions were gross. I then found a charming B&B just down the road where nothing was too much trouble, not even arriving at 9.30pm. !!

Room Tip: please see review above
Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Spuddy2009
Hotel-Inspector2011, Owner at Watts Lodge, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Thank you for providing feedback for us. I am sorry that you felt like a child by being asked to collect your keys by 9pm, this was not our intention. We had originally expected you to arrive earlier as we are a small family run B&B we are unable to provide a 24hr service, however once we provided you with your keys would have been happy for you to come and go at your leisure.

Unfortunately we are unable to take card payments due to the high costs of merchant services affecting B&B's and other small businesses as our customers and ourselves would prefer to keep our prices competative. The fact that we only accept cash would have had no bearing on you receiving a full receipt so I can only apologise if it gave you that impression. Most of our weekly trade are professionals and receipts are issued.

I do hope that you enjoyed your alternative place of stay whilst in Bicester and thank you once again for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bicester
1.1 km away
0.9 km away
No photo provided
Almond Tree Hotel
#14 of 19 in Bicester

Been to Watts Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK