All reviews causeway bay non smoking room clean hotel would stay again recommend this hotel beds were comfortable amenities
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Very frustrating. The wifi was nonfunctional in my room, and I verified that it was not my computer that was the problem by using a smartphone as a wifi hotspot. I gave the staff about three different options to solve the problem for me, and they quite simply refused. They couldn't get anyone to look at it until tomorrow. They couldn't get access to the room that the router was in because they didn't have a key, so they couldn't reboot it. And they wouldn't pay for me to use my phone as a wifi hotspot. They didn't have a cable for me to connect my computer to the phone line. And they made no suggestion for another solution. Pathetic.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2018

We went for a last-minute ski vacation to Fernie and since everything sensibly priced was booked we looked for accommodation in Sparwood (30km to Fernie). This hotel served our needs. We arrived late in the evening and the check-in was a breeze. The room was clean, the décor was a bit dated, but provided us with the necessities to rest and get ready for our ski trip. (Between toiletries there is not a shower cap). There is always free coffee in the lobby. On Hotel’s web site it seemed that they offer a free breakfast as well (It did not have the word surcharge beside breakfast), but that was not the case.

There are a few areas for improvement. 1) Have a light in front of the “closet”, so one can see easily the items there. I had to use flashlight. 2) Have a light switch close to the room door, so one can turn on the lights when entering the room. In this case one has to get to each individual light to turn it on/off. 3) From the 4 parts of the AC/heater 2 were blowing cold and 2 warm air (Outside was minus 19, so room 118 was difficult to keep warm).

I would recommend this hotel for its location with respect to Fernie, cleanliness, free WiFi and limitless coffee supply.

Room Tip: First floor is for non-smokers and it turned out to be very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here because it was a convenient location to break up a long drive. The front desk lady was very friendly and helpful. Whichever staff member made our booking gave us an incorrect room (less beds than originally booked), but this was quickly resolved by the front desk lady. Hotel is old and rooms are dated, but clean and comfortable and the price was very reasonable. Would stay again.

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Friendly, professional desk clerk. The whole place was amazingly clean! Older hotel with huge rooms. Breakfast was fantastic. Lots of parking. You can see the pride of ownership as soon as you enter. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynnmccann
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We stayed here one night on our way back to Alberta. We found it excellent. The decor was a little dated, but everything worked, the rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable. The staff were friendly and went above what was expected. A good quality breakfast typical of hotel continental was included. The breakfast service area was clean and well attended to. The price for our dog's stay was very reasonable.

There is a restaurant attached to the hotel and a grocery store across the street. The big green truck is also across the street. The kids really liked the truck!

Overall, for the price we paid, the quality of service and amenities at this hotel was high. This hotel will likely become our go-to place when we are passing through.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family