The Check Inn(Wroughton)
US$ 50
US$ 44
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 51/night.

US$ 110
US$ 89
Priceline
Thistle Express - Swindon(Swindon)(Great Value!)
US$ 77
US$ 48
  • Breakfast included
US$ 108
US$ 105
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 123/night.

US$ 65
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
1,191 results
All reviewsconference hotelhousing estateleisure facilitiessteam roomrestaurant managergood sizebreakfast was buffet stylebar pricespool and gymquiet locationmodern hotelnight breakcourse mealbed and breakfastreception staffhash brownsplenty of parking
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I was visiting while on an external course. The countryside setting was lovely and the room had a traditional looking decor, which was well supplied with spare towels, a dressing gown, teas & coffees, a fridge and a trouser press. I understand they had swimming and spa facilities but I didn't take advantage of these. The staff were all very pleasant and the unlimited cooked breakfast was a goid start to the day

However, a few things let this hotel down. There was a very long walk to the room. I was able to park near the room and get in via the fire exit, which was open most of the time. Although there was no air conditioning, fans were provided. My room was cool so I didn't even need the fan. There was only 3 TV channels. There was a note left the day before departure that the TV system was being upgraded and would take up to 3 days to complete. I managed to tune it myself. Luckily I was able to watch the footie on the few channels available. The worst thing was the loud howling noise of pipework when guests from other rooms were using the shower at various times when I was there in the evenings. On one occasion this happened at midnight.

Overall, it was a shame that the few negative points spoilt the whole experience for me. I would probably look elsewhere next time.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Mel C
Mark S, Owner at Alexandra House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and that these few negative points ruined your whole experience. We have changed the in house entertainment system but certainly unaware of a howling noise relating to the use of other guests using the showers. I will double check with our maintenance team if we have had a reported issue and see if it has been resolved.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Went with my wife and 7 month old baby. On arrival we went through the check-in and were told that the cot that we requested was already in the room, it was a nice touch.

The room was a good size and on the ground floor another bonus with a pram. Was clean and fresh and quite modern only downside was the tv, but that wasn't the reason for coming here!!

The lesuire facilities were made available to us and this was nice, big swimming pool, steam & sauna room and a Jacuzzi.

The bar area was nice and big and seating was adequate. The restaurant was a good size for the occupancy of the hotel.

Staff were very friendly and thoughtful especially when we needed a high chair and hot water for our baby.

The only let down for the weekend was the menu for the restaurant, which was very sparse on options especially for vegiterians which my wife is only had one option. This wouldn't be so bad apart from the fact the menu was exactly the same the second night!! We did complain and were informed that we could substitute from the bar menu which was a little better.

Overall a comfortable stay and would go back again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Dan K
Mark S, General Manager at Alexandra House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind review I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at Alexandra House. I do hope we can welcome you and your family back soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Booked a groupon deal. Lovely hotel, receptionist was lovely but didn’t catch her name. One member of staff did stand out and his name was Filip. He was very pleasant and made our stay enjoyable. Food was average but was nice. Breakfast was buffet style and was always topped up

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your personal mention of Filip, he was very pleased, and I have thanked him personally.
I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

I stayed here as I was attending a course at the conference centre. The bits of the conference centre I saw were excellent, really well run and very good quality and the grounds are lovely. The hotel however, is not the same. My room was hot, the radiator clanged and rattled all night keeping me awake. No air conditioning as advertised. There was only one TV channel and when I rang reception I was told it had broken that day and there was someone coming out to fix it. Reading reviews online it appears it has been broken for ages so I think that is just the standard way of shutting guests up who ask. I tried to order a glass of wine with my dinner and was charged £10 for a glass of hot white wine. When I asked for a cold glass the waitress went and checked and then came to tell me that all of the fridges were broken - they obviously knew this so I don't know why they bothered to pretend. I did make me a bit worried about the food i'd just eaten though! The whole hotel gives the impression that they have given up and it is staffed by some very pleasant young people who are definitely doing their best but there are not the facilities to let them do a good job. I need to go there again this month but have found a room at the Hilton for only £18 more - it's a no-brainer!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank HollyAAB

Dear Guest
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your hotel experience but pleased to note that you enjoyed the conference facility. It is rather hot at the moment and we do not have air conditioning in the bedrooms, sorry about that. The new in house entertainment system is being installed as I type. 154 brand new televisions with over 100 channels and a hd picture, which allow you to watch you own programmes direct from your device. which we hope our guests will enjoy.
We have our maintenance team on the glass fridge issue but please be assured all of our fridges are not broken and the bar fridges certainly wouldn't give any cause for concern regarding the food.
I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Completely unimpressed with the hotel as a whole. Stayed one night with my partner. For a four star hotel the facilities were average and our room was very dated and unappealing.

There was a 50th birthday party last night so it was quite busy. The restaurant was beautifully set out so we thought were looking forward to a pleasant meal. This was the worst part of our evening! Neither of us enjoyed our meals and my partner’s main looked (and tasted) awful. I fail to understand how the hotel is rated four stars after that experience. Highly disappointed.

As for visiting the hotel again, average facilities, unappealing rooms, disappointing food. How it is rated 4 stars I am unsure! Happy to have checked out.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank glandslow

Dear Guest
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay, I would say to all guests that if at any point of your stay we can improve our offering to give you the excellent experience you deserve please contact a member of our management team.