1,231 results
All reviews conference hotel housing estate leisure facilities steam room restaurant manager good size groupon deal trouser press breakfast was buffet style pool and gym bar prices night break quiet location modern hotel course meal reception staff bed and breakfast
Reviewed 1 June 2016

Stayed here Friday to Sunday, B&B with an evening meal on the first night. This was part of an online deal. A bottle of house wine was included, but not only could neither I or the waitress pronounce it, she didn't know what sort of wine it was so opted to pay for a decent bottle and make up the difference. Dinner for me personally was thoroughly disappointing (although hubby loved his) and as we were on a deal only a very limited choice. Bar prices were horrendous (£11.50/glass of wine!). Rooms are fairly good, and there is a lot of green space around the hotel (which could be better utilised). Nice pool, albeit a little small. The buffet breakfast: good variety available, pity it was only luke warm and was again disappointing. There were events in the function room on both Friday and Saturday and in fairness it didn't seem to impact on the hotel guests. However not convinced I'd return.

Room tip: Go for ground floor, higher numbers so you're towards the back and away from the function rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather B
Steve_Rycroft, General Manager at Alexandra House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

Dear Heather B,

Thank you for taking to the time to share your feedback following your recent stay. Naturally, I am disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, please accept my apologies for this. I will review your feedback with my management team in order that we can improve upon our service and product standards.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2016

Attended a wedding party here for one of my lovely twin nieces - the manager in charge of the day was outstanding; 12 hours after we arrived he was still on duty, directing staff and paying the utmost attention to everyone's needs. Every single thing was as you would want it, the food was very good, and served on hot plates, as it should be. The staff were well orchestrated, the room a treat to be in. The bedrooms are spacious and high quality. The public areas give the feeling of being in a top country club.
The variety of things on offer for breakfast was cruise-like, and the staff serving it exceptional.
Being of a certain age, I did not attempt the gym, but actually, just for a night or two to get away and be pampered, you could not do better.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank thaddeusl2016

Dear thaddeusl2016,

Thank you for recent 5 star review. I am delighted that found the attention to detail and the organisation for the wedding and during your stay to be first class. I will ensure Andrew is thanked for his professionalism. We do look forward to welcoming you back, should you ever have a need to visit the area again in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 31 May 2016

On arriving the hotel looked lovely, well kept grounds, nice entrance and front desk. Unfortunately this is where it began to go wrong. I was welcomed by a young gentleman on the front desk who was according to his badge the reception manager. From the outset he showed no interest in me or my stay and barely spoke to me. When he did address me I was greeted by what can only be described as the smell of the night before. I could be mistaken but he may have had something stronger in his cup of tea that morning. This was not impressive and it was clear that his lack of interest was fuelled by his hang over. Now any member of staff that is in this condition whilst at work is extremely unprofessional but considering he was the manager made this even more disturbing. There was a sense of aggression from him when I asked about the gym facilities and there was no sense of personal interest in me or his job as a whole. I think the manager should follow this up with an investigation as to what he was doing the night before and I think the activities will be clear.
I have to say the other members of staff that I met during my stay were excellent on the desk and clearly out shone their manager.
All other staff were excellent as was my stay but my first impressions were ruined by the reception manager who was clearly hungover and smelt as though he was still drinking. A real shame he has let down the entire hotel and I will question another stay here and would not feel confident recommending the hotel to others. I am just glad I was staying here on my own.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank johncoco45
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

Got back to day from a 2 night stay at this hotel. Just a thank you to hubby since my op.
Superb hotel. Friendly staff and very comfortable hotel.
Just half hour from M4 so just a great location.
Bar food and restaurant food was super. Nice touch in room as 2 free cans of coke 2 bottles of water.
No air conditioning in room but we managed to pick up a fan from the foyer which was a godsend.
Brilliant pool and gym area. All free with use of both which was great to use.
Highly recommend this hotel. Will definitely be coming back

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Titch263

Dear Titch263,

Thank you for your 5 star review on this site. It was pleasing to read that you found our staff to be friendly and the food to be superb. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when you are next visiting the area.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Stayed overnight with a friend for a relaxing evening. The hotel is clean, set in lovely grounds, staff were very helpful and friendly. The pool was very small and not really possible to swim in, jacuzzi was always full, only 4 seats, steam room and sauna basic but always room to sit. The twin room was spacious and beds very comfortable, equipped with tea/coffee facilities. TV was small and no USB port. Complimentary wifi. Bathroom immaculate with toiletries, towels and hairdryer in room. Our deal included a 2 course meal and bottle of house wine, followed by breakfast the next day. The food was excellent at both meals, help yourself buffet style with something for everyone, restaurant staff were efficient and friendly. Local convenience store within walking distance and bus stop into Swindon. Would definitely stay again if the same deal came up again.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Mel_Abc,

Thank you for your great review on this site. It was pleasing to read your positive comments, I will be sure to thank the team for delivering a positive experience. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Best regards,