All reviewswater parkcocktail barmountain viewa la carte restaurantsadult only areasasian restaurantlouis hotelswaterfall showermain restaurantswim up roomgreat saladsfresh roomsnewly refurbished hotellovely showeradult restauranttipping bucketmajor refurbishment
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Awful holiday ... Bare electric wires taped up with masking tape. Food was always cold up until one of the cooks was trying chips with a finger up his nose. Awful attitude of staff. Entertainment staff were friendly Henderson the one star. Seriously disgusting... Never been anywhere where they cook food and pick their nose at the same time.. only holiday I've been on that I've been on that I lost half a stone on .. reported it to manager who sent a plate fruit to the room .. I wanted to go home not fruit AWFUL!!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alysong52
polisantoniou, General Manager at Amada Colossos Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Mrs Alysong
thank you for staying at our hotel. we regret to hear that you did not enjoyed your stay with us however at the same period i must say that many other clients expressed their full satisfaction with our services and facilities. we respect your opinion but we do not agree with the rating you give to the hotel.
we hope you change your opinion and return to our hotel in the near future

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Really do not understand the notes that some people have given to this hotel, obviously have never worked or ran a hotel business. I personnaly have nothing much to say except PERFECT and thankyou and not forgetting the perfect host from FRAM too.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank LISA R

dear Mrs Lisa
thank you for staying at the Amada Colossos Resort and the nice words about our hotel.
we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. for your information this winter we will proceed with the second phase of the renovations and the hotel will be ready next season with more facilities and services.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

So this was a last minute holiday and I am so glad our fab travel agent (Dan) suggested Rhodes and more importantly the Amada Colossus.
The hotel is still undergoing an extensive refurbishment and some areas will be finished during the winter months. This did not affect our stay. The rooms have been well decorated and the open plan aspect didn’t bother me, the frosted door on the shower and toilet gave enough privacy for me and hubby. The bed was very comfortable and the fridge was a good size. Modern telly with a Usb port so we could watch films on our hard drive. Tv channels for English were a bit poor. The WiFi was exceptional throughout the hotel
Including by the pool as was free. Some reviews commented on the food; for me it was brilliant and the chefs coped well with the varying demands. We tried the Greek and the Italian restaurants and, though the food at both was delicious, we would have liked to try more traditional dishes. Saying that, Mr loved the eggplant salad.
Our chambermaid was wonderful. The room was cleaned daily and if we needed more toiletries, she made sure we had some. She had a smile every time she saw us and if we were in the room she cleaned later that day.
The bar staff were lovely, even the young lad who everyone seems to
Moan about on here, gave me a smile. Manners cost nothing and the staff all work tirelessly. We could make a difference to their day with a smile and a thank you.
Everyone made us feel so welcome, we really didn’t want to come home. The entertainment crew were brilliant and even on the first rainy day in 6 months, they kept us amused. The show in the amphitheater on the Monday was excellent, well thought out and entertaining with some fabulous dancing.
The only downside for me is the toilets on the water park. Whilst I love the glass doors in the bedroom, I felt uncomfortable with them in the public area for the water park. When you are in a swimming costume it feels very exposed when going to the toilet. Additionally, there are no locks on the doors and I am sure this could lead to some embarrassing situations.
The water park is amazing, however some sealant is needed on the dark green slide at the joints as these are quite sharp when going down.

All in all an absolutely amazing stay at a lovely hotel with great staff. I can’t wait to go back and see the finished refurbishment next year.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank grumpy-wench
polisantoniou, General Manager at Amada Colossos Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear Grumpy
thank you for staying at the Amada Colossos Resort.
we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and you liked the food, service , the friendliness of staff, the entertainment, the room, wifi and more.
such comments are helping us for further improvement. In winter as you say we will proceed with the second phase of the renovations and by next season everything will be completed. we took a note on your comment about the public toilets and the water park and definitely will be taken into consideration.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

My partner and I spent a week at the hotel at the end of August. We had a sublime experience. The staff could not have been more helpful, the food was amazing, giving a great choice of salads and hot choices, with desserts to die for! The hotel itself, although only having been open for a few weeks, was fabulous! I simply cant recommend it highly enough! The rooms were amazing, clean and comfortable. We had fresh linen on the beds every other day, and clean towels daily. The management team were always on hand checking that everything was to our satisfaction and taking on board any comments that were put to them. To top it all off the weather was fabulous.....definately a place to recommend.....and one we hope to return to next year with our granddaughter.....as theres a fantastic water park attached to the hotel for the children.

Room Tip: Pay for a sea view room.....with glass fronted balconies.....its like waking in paradise!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Al H
thank you for the nice words about our hotel and our staff. we are very glad that you enjoyed your holidays with us and you liked the service , the food, the room and more.
but most important that you found our staff helpful and efficient. we are very proud of them.
Thank you for recommending our hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We booked a half term holiday for me and my best friend and our 12 yr old sons. The place was amazing. The room was fantastic and the 'splash pool' outside our suite was the best thing ever.. even though the boys used every pool and the water park daily! The hotel was due to close for the season to finish so there wasn't many guest.. but that didn't mean the service was any less.. the staff were attentive and friendly and the food choices were still as good as im assuming high season would be. I am looking forward to seeing the finished renovations next year.

Room Tip: We had a suite and plunge pool, this was a special offer.. once fully renovated the cost will be more of a luxury.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Mrs Laura
thank you for the nice comment sharing with us. we are very glad you enjoyed your stay although it was end of season and not many clients were there.
we are happy to hear about the friendliness of our staff , the quality and variation of food,
the service,the water park and more.
you are right that we will start with the second phase of the renovations and by next season the hotel will be fully renovated and completed.