All reviews kalithea mare the hotel offers every evening snack bar week stay rhodes airport large area fantastic holiday included in the all inclusive plenty of choice sandy beach main bar choice of food room number plenty of sunbeds safari complex
Reviewed 31 October 2012

The hotel is not very friendly for swimming in the sea, bad small beach under the rock.
The quality of food is very very low, awful, my 2 kids had a problem with their stomach, and we went to the hospital alone, noone of the hotel was interested about us. The diagnosis of the doctors was salmonella after clinical and microbiological exams. For the rest i don't care if i have this behaviour from this hotel. For the rest i suggest to everybody to come to rhodes that is a wonderful island a paradise but be carefull when you choose a hotel.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank alk45
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for a week Last year, Check-in was quick and efficient. I have been to many All inclusive hotels and I was not dissapinted.

The complex has lots of options for food ,there is a lunch buffet at the Athena restaurant and snacks and cakes are served throughout the day in the numerous pool bars,
Fantastic selection of drinks including a good choice of cocktails.

The downside to this holiday is that we did have to wait a while at the bar to get served and the entertainment was poor!

The location is not great but we hired a motorbike for the week, which I recommend doing to see more of the island.

Rooms are very big and clean, it was worth paying a little extra for a room with a view of the pool.

The hotel offers a great choice of pools and it was never hard to get a sunbed.

I would stay here again and highly recommend it.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I must admit that I was very impressed by the reviews that were on this site and had looked at this hotel serveral times earlier this year so eventually decided to book. This hotel has won an award for the most outstanding feedback recieved in 2011 (I dont possibly know how) but like to tell you how I found this hotel.

We arrived 5th September- not in the reception but thru a side door on the side of the hotel- check in was quick but felt like we were left to our own devices and was reallu given any information about this huge hotel. The grounds were massive and I did not plan to exercize and drag myself around the hotel in the blistering heat. The hotel is two hotels in one which I found confusing. There was only one reception- and I felt like there wasntt much on the grounds other than rooms, a couple of pools and a couple of resturants.

THE ROOM
Our room was quite spacious and I must admit was generally clean (compared to other hotels I have stayed in). The only thing was I woke to find dead (and crawling) red ants in my bed- all over my pillow and this didnt just happen once. They were even up my nose!! lets just say I was pretty mortified and hardly slept a wink.

THE POOLS
Well what can I say- there was the main pool that was over crowded and no sun beds available- cold and no lifeguard- The other pools were ages away from the bar and only had beer on tap. I did not go all inclusive to drink lemonade all holiday and was fuming to find that you had to pay for anything other than watered down pop, beer and vile wine whilse at the pool area. I felt like I had been ripped off.

THE FOOD AND DRINKS
DISGUSTING was not the word- seeing as the grounds and photgraphs are so beautiful on the website, the food was appaling. I am vegetarian and do not eat fish however I am not a fussy eater. The plates smelt like damp dog, the mixed salads were a smelly mush, the food was coldl and was very low standard. The only thing they had for vegatarians were pizza now and again and chips that were covered in salt. I hardly ate anything on holiday and felt sick everytime I entered the resturant. We ended up eating out and even went into rhodes just to get a mcdonnalds. One night we went for dinner in the resturant and I tried something different some kind of spinach andcheese pie- Iv never felt so ill in my life nor experienced projectile vomitinf before so that put me off eating there after that. The drinks like i said were watered down and some were not free. You could see the water e=resting on the top of the wine and was vile. The cocktiles were minging and not worth a try.

THE STAFF
VERY RUDE- there was a lady who worked in the resturant that told us off because we came for breakfast 15 minutes before they stopped serving and tutted at us because we sat at the table with no knifes and forks. The staff in the bar were slow and rude and just ignored you whilst you stood there waiting to be served The all inclusive stopped at 23.00 but they were trying to charge you for drinks at 22.50. They were not friendly at all and was hardly any staff around and felt like you was an inconvience.

THE ENTERTAINMENT
Shocking if you like opera and greek dancing then its right up your street. Very little entertainment- like I said you were left to your own devices.

Was my worst holiday ever, and I have stayed at some less beautiful hotels but atleast they had nice staff. This hotel is all show but no action. It all lokks very nice but it is very boring, quiet, not for young couples, rude ignorant staff and far to big for what they have to offer. Not worth the money and I needed another holiday when I got home just to get over that one- we were counting down our days for our retun flight.

oh yes and one more thing- we never seen our thompson rep once- not once- not even when we were waiting for our coach to go to the airport- ridulous.

Room tip: all rooms are pretty average
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claire B
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stopped at the Royal Horizon which is the sister hotel and is closer to the sea. The hotel is lovely, very clean and the staff are hard working, polite and efficient. We paid a very modest amount to upgrade to a superior room, which was worth every penny - lots of space, huge balcony with magnificent view! The food is good, with plenty of variety, but with no fresh 'show' cooking, which is a shame. The self serve wine is very drinkable, but dont touch the stuff in the bottles! The coffee is disgusting and so is the tea! Remember to pack some before you go! Some of the spirts actually tasted like they should, but some were very dodgy, avoid the 'gin'! The AI finishes at 11pm. The al la cart isnt really worth it - its just a reserved area of the main restaurant and serves the same food, just bought to you instead. It is a very steep path down to the beach, but there is a mini bus which runs regularly. Dont try and walk into Rhodes Town. Its at least 7km, but there is a bus (not that frequent) or its 10 euros by taxi. There isn't that much near the hotel, but it is a very pleasant walk down to the springs. Highly recommend the boat trip to Symi, Symi is a small isalnd about 1.5 hours from Rhodes Town and its very beautiful. In summary this is a lovely hotel, well worth a visit.

Room tip: Upgrade to a superior room - well worth it.
Date of stay: May 2012
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Kalithea Mare for 10 nights from 5th September 2012 with two of our friends, we found the hotel was in a good location between Rhodes and Falaraki on a clifftop with it's own beach. The food was very good, most of the staff were very good, Sina on reception, Savvas and Flora in the main bar to name just a few. The hotel, pool areas and rooms were all exceptionally clean, the grounds and gardens were very well looked after a credit to the gardeners. The beach location is beautiful, crystal clear waters, a snorkel and goggles is a must to see all the fish. The only disappointment was we booked all inclusive through First Choice but after 11pm you have to pay for drinks and on the beach you have to pay for the sunbeds and any food or drink from the beach bar which wasn't stated in the brochure but we still had a great holiday, would certainly recommend this hotel and should we return to Rhodes we would certainly stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2012