2,192 results
All reviews greek restaurant private pool bella vista bar jacuzzi bath pool bar main restaurant rhodes town the salt water pool sister hotel lower pool the italian a la carte bar staff sea view meat or fish chinese night bottle of water junior suite
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed here for a week at the end of September and it was clear that the island was coming to the end of the tourist season. We found the hotel to be stunning, MUCH bigger than we anticipated, and the rooms were spacious, clean and had everything we needed. The jacuzzi bath was a nice feature, and I was really impressed by the commitment to the environment. I know people have complained here regarding only being given one bottle of water, but I thought the ability to refill at various points was a great facility. They use their own glass bottles in the restaurant, washable plastic glasses, and only change sheets if required during your stay. It was the first time in a number of years that I didn't find myself removing plastic from the beach, which was pristine. Thanks to the previous reviews recommending beach shoes as this was invaluable!

Staff are so friendly and helpful, the restaurant was excellent (my growing waistline was proof of this!), no problems getting space by pool, etc although as stated it was late in season. The towels ARE a bit threadbare and have seen better days, but then again they are perfectly functional and changed regularly so it wasn't a big deal.

Great location for anyone wanting away from it all, this looking a bot more action/entertainment might struggle but for what my husband and I were looking it was perfect.

2  Thank FionaFitz1973
Kresten_Royal_team, Guest Relations Manager at The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear FionaFitz1973,
We are grateful to read your sincere review for your stay in the Kresten Royal Villas & Spa.
It is much appreciated as we really pay great attention to each detail to make sure the stay of our valued guests is memorable.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

The hotel was lovely and all the communal areas were really well maintained and of 5 star quality. However the room didn’t live up to the 5 stars. We have a superior double, the bathroom was lovely, made of marble and well maintained. The beds were two singles pushed together, really hard and not very comfy.

Room Tip: Better quality hotels would be nice.
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
2  Thank hannahkhalifa
Kresten_Royal_team, Guest Relations Manager at The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear hannahkhalifa,
We would like to thank you for choosing the Kresten Royal Villas & Spa for your valuable holidays.
It is our pleasure to know that you have enjoyed our facilities and services.
Last but not least, we appreciate your comments about the beds. However, we have Superior double rooms with king size bed and if requested action is taken.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

This was our first visit to Rhodes. Booked through Jet2. On arrival we were promptly greeted by a really friendly receptionist who gave us all the required info, there were some wraps to eat on arrival which we didn't try but a late arrival of 11pm meant you could have had something to eat if you wanted it. On arrival at the room, there was a bottle of red wine and some little snacks, a bottle of water that you refill yourself through the water dispensers around the hotel and a bottle of Prosecco which was a nice touch.

Asked to book the Greek a la carte restaurant before we arrived and the booking was arranged hassle free via reception. The bars are kept spotlessly clean. Branded labels are extra cost but the local brands are more than adequate on All Inclusive in my opinion. The bars close prompt at midnight, you can order drinks before midnight and stay in the bars drinking them but don't try ordering after 12 as you wont get served, which is the rules so fair enough.

Food in restaurants always nice and plenty to choose from, in the buffet in the evening you are seated by a manager and the waiter will bring you water and a drink of choice when you get to your table. We also booked the Italian a la carte restaurant and this is excellent, so much food so have a light lunch if you book it. You can have drinks from all inclusive list in these restaurants or you can buy a bottle of wine if you wish which is a good quality and generally reasonable price. The food is outstanding. Re the Greek restaurant you choose a 5 course fish or meat meal from a set menu and again the food quality was great and the staff in both restaurants are outstanding and there is no rush to get you out, you stay as long as you require to enjoy your meal.

Pools are great, cleaned every day, someone also tests the chlorine and cleansiness every few days. The SPA is really nice the treatments do cost a little but worth doing. There is an indoor pool and gym. You can book a late check out if you have a late departure but it works out at 10 euro per hour after 12noon but there is a shower room by the SPA to freshen up before you travel home if you want to.

What really makes this place is the staff, they are always working and always have a friendly greeting for you wherever they work and are a credit to this hotel.

Will definitely return to this hotel in the future.

3  Thank Mark P

Dear Mark P,
we would like to thank you for taking the time and sharing your review on Trip Advisor.
It is an honor to acknowledge that all our services & facilities met your high expectations. Your kind words about our staff motivate us to daily offer high quality services to our valued guests.
We would be delighted to host you again in the near future for another relaxing & memorable stay at the Kresten Royal Villas & Spa.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Arrived on the first of October around 10pm. We’d not eaten and hoped to get something at the hotel. We were presented with some wraps filled with coleslaw a little strange but I was starving and ate them.
Our room was large but twin beds pushed together, which were very hard..... Pillows were dire! Had a stiff neck wish I’d taken my own.
Have to say though staff were great! As for you’d have to be a real moaning Minnie as there was loads of choice.
The bar staff were brilliant! Nothing to much trouble and they were more than happy to rustle up amazing cocktails.
I would give this hotel a four not five star. Silly little things let it down. The cleaners didn’t replenish shower gels, I had to ask. The towels were grey and had seen better days. Everything seemed a little tired. The TV was scrambled all you got was the news.
But, my one huge bugbear was the cleanliness of the bathroom. That’s one thing I’m very particular on is a spotless bathroom. The pictures will show the scum and grime around the tiles and shower screen. It was seriously dire! There’s no excuse a bit of bleach would soon get that off. I don’t expect to clean when I’m on vacation.
The one nice thing though they knew it was my birthday and they left a bottle of champagne with a card in my room. Nice touch that so Thankyou.
I would stay again, but they need to change pillows and get inspections on cleanliness in bathrooms.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dennyb
Kresten_Royal_team, Guest Relations Manager at The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear dennyb,
Thank you for choosing Kresten Royal Villas & Spa for your precious vacations and especially for your birthday.
We are glad that you have enjoyed your spacious room. We are also happy that all the staff were polite and helpful to you and made sure that you had a good time.
Last but not least, it would have been much appreciated and helpful if you had shared your concerns while in hotel in order to make it right for you. We have anatomic pillows and also some Superior rooms have a king size bed.
Once again thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Not quite sure it's a 5 star but it was a clean big hotel complex. The staff couldn't do enough for you always happy. Karolos at the pool bar is the man, always happy and makes the best drinks out of the bars. The food wasn't great to me but I am a big food lover. It was ok jus nothing special. Breakfast was best meal, make sure you visit the omelette lady, best bit. The local drinks were not the best these was free on the inclusive deal tho managed a few nights at the bar then had enough and went out to Mike's 77 cocktail bar which was 15 min walk or few euros in taxi. Highly recommend this bar. Had a private pool overlooking the sea, could see turkey from my sun lounger it was honestly amazing. Such a chilled place, can always get food and there's plenty bars to choose from too. Had a great holiday here and the staff made you so welcome. Proper chilled hotel. Thank you.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lewis H

Dear Lewis H,
It is much appreciated as we really pay great attention to each detail to make sure the stay of our valued guests is magical in every aspect. We can’t wait to have you with us again for another visit and offer you yet another memorable holiday in our hotel and in beautiful Rhodes!