US$ 328
Agoda.com
Erato Studios(Kallithea)
Agoda.com
2,068 results
All reviewsgreek restaurantprivate poolbella vista barjacuzzi bathmain restaurantpool barsister hotelrhodes townthe salt water poolthe italian a la cartelower poolbar staffsea viewmeat or fishjunior suitechinese nightbottle of water
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Breakfast, there was no pure orange, only orange squash for a 5* hotel not impressed, my husband picked up a boiled egg which had just come from the kitchen, it was stone cold and the white was still very runny. Food was on average warm don't think we had a hot meal. Even when we left they had a lovely chinese spread once mine & my husband's favourite, well they must have took the food out of the fridge and put on the hot trays, none of it was warm. Other than that Karlos, pool bar waiter very helpful very attentive and always happy, good choice of drinks on all inclusive. You have to pay 10 euros per towel for the pool, not the usual 5* hotel I am used to also wifi only available in reception lounge had too pay to use wifi elsewhere and apparently it was very slow. We booked in for the greek restaurant, I wouldn't bother. Italian was ok, but asked for a drink and by the end of the main meal I still hadn't received, so complained and just got a shrug and ok sorry.

Room Tip: had the superior double room, does have twin beds views ok, but a few roofs in view as well, so not great wouldn't call it superior
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dawn2922016
KrestenRoyal, PR team at The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear dawn2922016,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel during your stay with us.
Let me start by saying we are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed many aspects of the hotel.
We will also pass your positive remarks for our staff along to them, and especially to Karlos.
We would like to inform you that food comes at the buffet on 90-92°C and we offer a big variety of selections. However, taste is a matter of personal preference and most of the reviews we get for our food quality are very positive. Please be assured that your comments raised are very important for us as will help us to correct these issues moving forward, providing our guests the best hospitality experience. Once again thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Before I start this is a review for kresten royal villas not kresten palace.
This hotel is situated between falariki and Rhodes town about 200metres from the main road. On the main road outside hotel there are bus stops both sides of the road and bus service is regular to both Rhodes town and falariki/Lindos etc. On arrival we had a quick check in and some sandwiches as the restaurant was closed but it was late. Shown to our room( we were in the hotel bit) and was surprised very spacious with big bed and sofa and big balcony facing the ocean. Very clean room which was cleaned every day might I add.
Good points,
Food in all restaurants and snack bars was hot and plentiful usual all inclusive menu, meats salads etc
Pool areas very clean and all toilets on site clean. Plenty of staff around in mornings doing their bit. I was very pleased with this hotel and would return. The on site shop downstairs by the restaurant is very good and goods are the same price that is in the town etc
Bad points
There is no beach at this hotel, well a sand beach. Rocky beach ideal for snorkelling etc. There are a few sun beds their but you have to pay for them they are not included in all inclusive package as of 1/6/18 about 3 Euro a day I think.
And my worst point was the drinking water situation. NO bottled water given out. They have water stations situated around hotel which you use but because people are filling bottles up these don’t last very long and you have to wait until they are refilled. You have a compilmatory bottle on the first night and that’s it. No mini bar in room but there is a fridge with kettle etc. The hotels answer to this is “there is water for sale in the shop”. It is only 3 euros for 6x1 litre bottles but I don’t think that is the point. This was a bug bear to me but I suppose on the whole it’s not to bad.
And that’s it really. All the staff I encountered on my weeks stay were helpful and polite a great credit to this hotel.
Oh and one more thing, if your going to hire a car which I recommend to travel around this beautiful island see the RODOS car hire man in reception. He’s there every day and is a third of the price we had from our tui rep and he supplies new cars.
Happy holidays

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 8nessy75

Dear 8nessy75,
Thank you for your comprehensive and detailed review.
Let me start by saying we are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed many aspects of the hotel and you enjoyed your overall stay.
Firstly we are very pleased you found the room spacious and comfortable, highlighting its cleanliness. We are also very pleased you enjoyed our location and food choices. As you kindly pointed out, our buffets are selective and of a high quality whilst ensuring even the most discerning palate is catered for.
Last but not least, we appreciate your comments about the beach. However, all beaches in Kallithea area are sandy and pebbly with crystal clear water. We are surprised to read that you paid for the sunbed, although sunbeds are included in the All-inclusive package.
Thank you again for your lovely words and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is lovely. The pools are great, there are always sun loungers available, the bar staff are very pleasant. You can also sunbathe down at the beach where the loungers are free if you are all inclusive.
The beach is a pebble beach, I would recommend a pair of beach or swim shoes as trying to get in or out the water with bare feet is extremely painful and puts you off enjoying the sea at this spot.

All inclusive food was good, I second other reviews that the food was often lukewarm however the choice was varied. The desserts were outstanding every day and there were decent options for healthy eating as well as local choices. Chinese night was fabulous, so many options and this was by far the best meal I enjoyed in the hotel. We booked both the Italian and Greek restaurants as recommended by reception on arrival. Worth noting these are both set menus and there is minimal choice. I would advise to check the menu before you go, at the Italian every course included cheese which I don’t eat, the waiter was very accommodating and got the chef to make some other food for me. However, if I had seen the menu prior I wouldn’t have eaten there as it was a bit awkward. I checked the menu for the Greek restaurant and we decided not to eat there as the food choices on the set menu were not to our taste.

There is a local bus that runs from the main road, we used this to return from Kallithea Springs after walking the 1 mile to visit. It was too hot to endure the walk back. The bus also runs to Rhodes for a few euros. We used the taxi service to commute instead €13 to the old town. €10 return from a taxi stand.

Evening entertainment was pretty poor, occasionally there was a singer in the lobby bar or music playing in the bar opposite Teatro restaurant. Standard hotel singer doing some old classics with a guitar better than nothing but not fabulous. Otherwise it is awful jazz music in the lobby bar which is not conducive to a cheery night at the bar. In the evening if you are not drinking there is not much to do in the hotel at all. It is very quiet considering the amount of guests it holds.

We used the free 15 massage you are offered on arrival. The staff were brilliant and the massage great. They do try to upsell the full package as expected but they are not overly pushy to do so.

Take your own beach towels, you can hire towels from the spa for €10 refundable deposit, these are changeable every two days. However, the towels are not very big and look ready for the bin. Although, they are clean they are just well used.

Overall, if your looking to sunbathe, relax, eat, drink and not much more this is a fabulous hotel. If you want livelier I would recommend you try elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie C

Dear Stephanie C,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your lovely review following your recent stay at Kresten Royal Villas & Spa.
It really gives us a lot of pleasure to see that our guests had an enjoyable time and depart from the hotel only with the best of impressions.
Thank you for your good comments regarding the hotel’s pools and the staff.
We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

On arrival, the hotel looked very nice, lots of marble, bellboy to take us and our luggage to our suite and the pools looked and were, excellent. However, initial thoughts soon changed just like those of other reviewers. Attention to detail by management is awful. Frequently no towels or shower gel in our room and we couldn't phone reception to complain because the reception button on the phone didn't work. Having walked to reception, I was then told to dial 950 or 951 but nothing in our room to tell us that. The worst oversight was the daily lack of loo paper in the public area toilets. Huge choice of food but rarely any taste and cold or hot dishes frequently were the same temperature. This is not a five star, or even four star hotel - three star would be about right.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Triple777uk9

Dear Triple777uk9,
Thank you for your comprehensive and detailed review.
Firstly, we would like to inform you that food comes at the buffet on 90-92°C and we offer a big variety. However, taste is a matter of personal preference and most of the reviews we get for our food quality are very positive.
What comes as a surprise though, is to receive your comments about the personnel as we are very confident about our staff. We know that all of them are trying their best in order to provide a friendly and professional service to every guest.
It would have been much appreciated and helpful if you had shared your concerns while in hotel in order to make it right for you.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

I ve been there with my wife .... we had a wonderfull week ...food delicious drinks are ok ! Try the beer and the wine ! The main bar with giorgio and fotis we had a lot of fun everynight we definetily cone back maybe next year

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charlote234

Dear charlote234,
We would like to thank you for choosing Kresten Royal Villas & Spa for your precious vacations and for sharing your review on Trip advisor.
We are thrilled to read that you had a great holiday and that we managed to live up to all your needs & expectations. We will also pass your positive remarks for our staff along to them, and especially to Giorgio and Fotis.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back the soonest possible.