All reviews leisure centre movie night kids club family changing family room bar food swimming pool is separate shower and bath easter break family stay food was lovely lovely hotel dvd player function room pleasant stay top class tea and coffee
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely hotel, room was very clean and spacious. Really comfortable king size bed. Bathroom lovely with separate shower and bath which was great. The bar was nice and we enjoyed drinks here on both nights. Food was lovely too. The only downside to our stay was the amount of children running around the hotel with no parents controlling them. There was a big family event or occasion on that weekend and i understand its not the hotels fault but it really was mayhem at times, there was kids running riot all over the place for both days we were there, and there was rarely an adult with them, not only in the lobby/bar but also in the hallway heading for our room. Overall though we did have a lovely stay here and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Monica G, Manager at Charleville Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear gemmalynch326, Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize that you felt it was a bit crazy with the kids running around. As a team we have put in place a new system for dealing with large groups so as this does not happen again.We hope to see you in the not so distant future again.
Regards Patrick Moriarty Operations Manager

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here with work. On arrival there was lots of parking. Really friendly and helpful staff on check-in, which was super quick.
The lobby was like a zoo, though. There was a private event for some families the weekend I stayed, which would usually be lovely to see. There were huge amounts of kids, which is fine. But their parents had no control over them. Not the fault of the staff at all, but it just made the weekend a bit less pleasant. Even when we were eating in the restaurant, the kids were running around it and screaming, despite their parents not being there.
The room was lovely and spacious. It had a shower that wasn’t in the bath, which would be great for people with mobility problems. Bed was very comfortable.

I had food a few times during my stay and it was hit and miss. I’d recommend their butter chicken curry in particular, which was lovely.

The major downsides:

- The TV system is awful. Poor quality TV and the channels aren’t tuned in properly. Most channels were fuzzy.

- The single lift for the building is inadequate. Staff kept holding it on floors when they were retrieving luggage for people from their rooms in the morning, so couldn’t use it a couple of times. Not great if someone had mobility issues.

- Breakfast wasn’t very good. The food I had was ok. There was no toast or continental breakfast options and no sauces. Someone came to offer me coffee at one point, but not tea.

It’s a nice building with friendly staff and spacious rooms. I wouldn’t necessarily be rushing back but I’d stay there again and I think a few small changes could make this into a super place to stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Monica G, Manager at Charleville Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear NiallC310, Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I Havel addressed all of your comments with the relevant Departmental Heads and I hope to see you again should you re visit the area. Kind Regards Patrick Moriarty Operations Manager

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Charleville Park Hotel is clean, fresh and new. Staff are amazingly friendly and helpful. The rooms are large and spacious. Wifi reception was a little sketchy in the rooms, but perfect in lobby. Lots of places to sit and 'hang out' in the hotel. Pool is by far the best in any hotel we've been to in Ireland. It is large, with jets for legs, back shoulders in one corner, in built jacuzzi also, which children can access. Also separate hot jacuzzi for adults only. Excellent hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in 203. It's right opposite the lift, very quiet room overlooking cars at front of hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Lisa M, Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our Leisure Center so much. We endeavor to please all our guests and it is appreciated when it is acknowledged. Regards Patrick Moriarty Operations Manager

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Our second stay here celebrating our anniversary and definitely not our last amazing staff from Aine and Eimear on reception Patrick in the restaurant Gladys on breakfast and Ciarán at the swimming pool all gave us 100%, room very clean and spacious, food delicious , 4 star hotel with 5 star service ! thank you we will be back ❤️

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Monica G, Manager at Charleville Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear Amelia D,
Thank you for such a lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your kind words to all the team and especially those mentioned in your review. It always proud to hear that our guests have enjoyed themselves through out the different departments of the hotel and also that it is not their first time staying with us. We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Patrick Moriarty.
Operations Manager

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I couldn’t fault this hotel what so ever. Absolutely amazing time with my husband and children with kids club and swimming pool and hotel staff where amazing. Attention to detail with this hotel was second to none. This is not our first stay and definitely won’t be our last.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Michelle M,
Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. The Kids club really keeps them all entertained. We are looking forward to seeing you and your family again in the not so distant future.

Kind Regards,