All reviewstea and cakewest corkhomemade sconesdouble single bedwarmth and friendlinesswild atlantic wayhighly recommend this b bperfect hostson arrivalvery pleasant stayirish hospitalityyogurtsineadaccommodationbarryshousebedroom
Reviewed 16 July 2011

My sister & I stayed for 4 nights. We recieved a very warm & friendly welcome. The rooms are extremely clean with everything we needed to make are stay feel homely. we were able to come & go as we pleased and guest have a seperate lounge to use as and when they like. Breakfast at Debarra lodge is relaxed, tasty, fresh and very well cooked. If you visit this area of Co Cork I strongly reccomend this friendly B & B.

Room Tip: A quiet , rural location with all rooms having an equally good view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Rosesandy
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Sinead and Dan are lovely people and I would like to think we ended up as friends. To be honest, there is absolutely nothing that I could find fault with: De Barra Lodge has stunning views, is as immaculate and clean as is humanly possible (frighteningly so!), the bed and bedrooms are beyond impressive, the welcome was warm and genuine and the rates charged represented super value. I have only one complaint - we all put on nearly a stone each after all those fabulous breakfasts...P.S. We were even entertained by their two gorgeous children during our stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are great, front one has the best view!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank gnltd
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Stayed for one night in De Barra Lodge, as we were attending a wedding in Glandore. The owners offered to drive us to the Wedding venue if we wanted to leave our car behind! The house is stunning and the rooms likewise, immaculately clean and beautifully decorated. The owners were very friendly and welcoming and it was a very pleasant stay. My partner left his kit bag and wallet behind and Dan dropped it back up to us, very kindly taking time out to drive from west cork to the city to return it. Its an excellent guest house, I usually prefer to stay in hotels but after this stay i'll be looking more to guesthouses as a place to stay. Thanks so much for everything, i'll be recommending you to all my friends and family!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank IrelandMag
Reviewed 20 August 2010

We stayed 3 nights with our daughter meeting up with friends also staying in Rosscarberry. As my daughter commented (when she wasn't raving over the pancakes and syrup she had for breakfast!) more like a hotel than a B&B. Lovely quiet location yet within walking distance of Rosscarbery and the lagoon. Clean, comfortable room. Especially comfotable beds, large ensuite with an amazing shower. All absolutely spotless. The home baked treats at breakfast were amazing, sure I put on a few pounds during our visit!
Have to comment on the friendly, helpful owners who made us all feel so welcome. Thanks, especially for the box of chocs left in our room when our daughter mentioned our wedding anniversary. That's what I call the personal touch.
Don't be surprised if you see us again!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Shabser
SineadCB, Owner at deBarra Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2010

Dear Shabster,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.
We really appreciate your comments and are delighted that you all enjoyed your stay so much, we certainly enjoyed having you.
I hope Molly got some more pancakes when she got home!!!
Looking forward to seeing you all sometime in the future.
Regards
Dan & Sinead

Reviewed 5 August 2010

My wife and I had a short trip to County Cork in July 2010 to visit family.

We had a three day stay in West Cork and stayed at Dan and Sinead's deBarra Lodge.

The BnB is in a fantastic location just up the road from Rosscarberry village and within easy access of the stunningly beautiful West Cork coastline. The accommodation is spotless, the breakfasts are excellent and Dan & Sinead couldn't be more welcoming.

The deBarra Lodge is only a couple of miles from the Michael Collin's Museum just outside Clonakilty and the coastal villages of Baltimore and Union Hall are only short drives away.

We had no complaints and would have no hesitation in recommending this splendid BnB which feels more like a hotel than a "front room job".

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hilaryleahy
SineadCB, Owner at deBarra Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2010

Dear Hilary Leahy,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here with us at de Barra Lodge and your trip to West Cork.
We are so lucky to have such beautiful scenery on our doorstep and sometimes we need our visitors to remind us of how beautiful it really is!
It was a real pleasure to have you as guests in our home, we really enjoyed your company.
Thank you for your kind words and we really appreciate you taking the time to post a review.

Best Regards