“What a place!”
Review of deBarra Lodge

deBarra Lodge
Ranked #1 of 8 Rosscarbery B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I took my 84 year old mother on a 4 day nostalgic West Cork touring break. We stayed in deBarra Lodge on our last night and enjoyed a warm and wonderful Cork welcome from Sinead, Dan and their delightful children Cian and Ava. On arrival, we were met with a scalding pot of tea and homemade delicious banana bread to enjoy in a private living room while we read the Sunday papers. Dan re-charged my blackberry (having left my charger in a Glengarriff hotel!). Sinead booked dinner for us in a renowned local seafood restaurant - Callaghan & Walshe - and Cian (aged about 5) warned us not to wear red as there was a bull in the nearby field! The house is simply beautiful and located in a picture postcard setting of rolling Irish countryside. The bedroom was pristine, stylish and comfortable and the breakfast ****Star quality with home-baked goods and preserves, as well as exotic fresh fruit salad and juices to complement the Irish 'fry'.

Many thanks to this lovely young family and best wishes for their B&B business. We will certainly recommend deBarra Lodge to our friends and will be sure to stay there again if we are in the vicinity.

Orla and Kathleen

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank OrlaCait

Reviewed 16 July 2011

My sister & I stayed for 4 nights. We recieved a very warm & friendly welcome. The rooms are extremely clean with everything we needed to make are stay feel homely. we were able to come & go as we pleased and guest have a seperate lounge to use as and when they like. Breakfast at Debarra lodge is relaxed, tasty, fresh and very well cooked. If you visit this area of Co Cork I strongly reccomend this friendly B & B.

Room Tip: A quiet , rural location with all rooms having an equally good view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Rosesandy
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Sinead and Dan are lovely people and I would like to think we ended up as friends. To be honest, there is absolutely nothing that I could find fault with: De Barra Lodge has stunning views, is as immaculate and clean as is humanly possible (frighteningly so!), the bed and bedrooms are beyond impressive, the welcome was warm and genuine and the rates charged represented super value. I have only one complaint - we all put on nearly a stone each after all those fabulous breakfasts...P.S. We were even entertained by their two gorgeous children during our stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are great, front one has the best view!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank gnltd
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Stayed for one night in De Barra Lodge, as we were attending a wedding in Glandore. The owners offered to drive us to the Wedding venue if we wanted to leave our car behind! The house is stunning and the rooms likewise, immaculately clean and beautifully decorated. The owners were very friendly and welcoming and it was a very pleasant stay. My partner left his kit bag and wallet behind and Dan dropped it back up to us, very kindly taking time out to drive from west cork to the city to return it. Its an excellent guest house, I usually prefer to stay in hotels but after this stay i'll be looking more to guesthouses as a place to stay. Thanks so much for everything, i'll be recommending you to all my friends and family!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank IrelandMag
Reviewed 20 August 2010

We stayed 3 nights with our daughter meeting up with friends also staying in Rosscarberry. As my daughter commented (when she wasn't raving over the pancakes and syrup she had for breakfast!) more like a hotel than a B&B. Lovely quiet location yet within walking distance of Rosscarbery and the lagoon. Clean, comfortable room. Especially comfotable beds, large ensuite with an amazing shower. All absolutely spotless. The home baked treats at breakfast were amazing, sure I put on a few pounds during our visit!
Have to comment on the friendly, helpful owners who made us all feel so welcome. Thanks, especially for the box of chocs left in our room when our daughter mentioned our wedding anniversary. That's what I call the personal touch.
Don't be surprised if you see us again!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank Shabser
SineadCB, Owner at deBarra Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2010

Dear Shabster,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.
We really appreciate your comments and are delighted that you all enjoyed your stay so much, we certainly enjoyed having you.
I hope Molly got some more pancakes when she got home!!!
Looking forward to seeing you all sometime in the future.
Regards