You will not go wrong by staying at this beautiful property. After getting off the plane, a rep from Sandals is there to escort you to their airport lounge where you can have a drink a some finger food before your drive to the resort. The drive from the airport was about an hour and 20 minutes, which honestly was not that bad. Our driver stopped for about 5-10 minutes for a break. The roads are pretty curvy at times so if you get car sick try to sit up front.
Once arriving at the property, you are greeted with a refreshing drink and a cold towel. The staff will have you sign some papers and then escort you to your room. Our room was not ready so we had lunch in the French area - the Curry Jerk Chicken was AMAZING! We actually ate there twice and just loved it - the Jerk Pork was just as good.
There is no cell phone service in the area at all. The only coverage is in Montego Bay area. To call out from the hotel was $6.00 each time - (all we did was to check messages)... Internet fee is about $40 for the week or $15.00 for 24 hours. To receive data plan on your phone you will need to purchase the internet plan and use the codes they give to you.
Our room category was Luxury Beachfront with a view of the sea and pool. We stayed in the Dutch area which was nice and quiet. Beds were very comfortable, they stocked the refrigerator with cokes, water, and juice everyday. Bathrooms were your every day kind of bathroom. We were very pleased with the room.
The Dutch area pool, I believe is the more peaceful one -The French has a nice swim up bar and a bit more active but not too crazy. The main pool is huge and much more active.
The sea water is a nice blue but I found to be more cloudy and not as crystal clear as other parts of the Caribbean. Do not get me wrong, it is beautiful just not as clear.
We took advantage of the water sports, water skiing, hobie, and paddle boarding - all very fun. I was disappointed with the on property snorkeling. The coral was not vibrant and very few fish. The guides did mention a private snorkel trip for $30 that would go further out if interested. We would have taken it but just did not have more time -
All the restaurants are very good - they have their own unique taste. Breakfast is at Bayside which is a buffet style and Elenore's which is made to order. I enjoyed this the best. I order the Jamaican style breakfast which contained fish and the local food. I LOVED IT!!
There is always some form of entertainment, after your turn down service you will receive a schedule of things to do for the following day. My favorite was the Reggae Night - great artist performed, I could have stayed there all night long and listen to them :)
The two excursions we did was Zip-lining with Chukka which was a blast. You drive about an hour off of property, drive was fine. We had a BALL zipping! Great thrill!
The other excursion was the trip to the Pelican Bar- tons of fun. An awesome boat ride their with drink and entertainment along the way. You stay at the Pelican Bar for about an hour- be sure and bring extra cash to try some food they serve as well as wood carving/art . The food is all FRESH! We shared a lobster dish which was fantastic. $15 ....LOVED LOVED LOVED!!!
Sandals Whitehouse is a gem, very peaceful and beautiful. I would definitely go back, my only complaint is not being able to go off property and have the local experience day and night.
Sandals did it up right! You will LOVE it!! The entire staff is very friendly - we never had a bad experience with anyone. They were very helpful in all your needs.
We paid extra for the MoBay lounge at the airport on departure. It was $30 per person so glad we did, the lines at customs and immigration are crazy especially on Sunday. After checking in we bypassed all the lines relaxed in the lounge with comp food and drinks before our flight out. Would recommend shopping in the airport on the way to lounge if you need to pick up last minute gifts. That way you can completely relax and not have to worry about going back out in the crowd.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe. Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now. World Travel Awards: Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company,” 16 years in a row. Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row. Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort” Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia so you can book your Sandals South Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica