“Countryside Confererence Hotel”

Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clane
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Westgrove situated in preety town of Clane is modern & offers good value for pleasure + business trips alike. Excellent reception who changed my room with no problem as being slight asthma sufferer, required more Airey/Larger one. Rooms spacious, clean with great power shower in en-suite bathroom. When booking more than one night, go to special deals section as you get discounts the more nights you stay.Only negative is breakfast not so good as busy early morning (7am-8am) with sometimes only one staff coping. Also produce is mass supplied vide hotel chain & not up to usual Irish high standards. Plates were also cold.

Room Tip: Ask room third floor as some are slightley larger with small balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank pompeyblue
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am glad you found our hotel good value for money and that you found our reception staff excellent. May I apologise that you found our breakfast service slow and food product not up to standard. We source all our breakfast products from local producers and take great care that our products match our specification.
We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Best Regards
Jerry Russell.
General Manager.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Overall this hotel was very good. The bed was massive and very comfortable. Room was maintained to a very high standard.

On arrival we were greeted by a very nice and friendly receptionist who was very welcoming and very efficient at her work. In fact when we were checking out the next day she remembered and informed the guy checking us out that we had paid the previous day without needing to check.

I stayed in room 243 on Friday 18th May as part of a wedding party. The hotel is laid out kind of strangely and can indeed be a task to find your way around as some previous posters have said. However I saw no evidence of it being difficult to navigate with a disability as another previous poster said. There was a lovely welcome laid on for us with tea/coffee and finger food.

The function room was very nice and the meal (all 5 courses) was tremendous. Also in my experience of other hotels the residents bar staff can be quite grumpy and just want us to go to bed, this was not the case here, where the girl who was working there remained happy and helpful the whole time.

One problem previously pointed out that I will agree with is that the music from a party can be heard quite clearly in bedrooms above it. Indeed when I went back to my room to leave my jacket there I could continue singing along and indeed the floor was vibrating with the sound. This didn't bother me as I was with the party, but I'd have been aggrieved if I was trying to get some sleep.

But overall I can't fault the place and would have no hesitation staying there again, or having a function there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from function the room if there is a wedding on
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay while attending a wedding. We pride ourselves in our weddings and are so lucky to have some real unique selling points like our luxurious spacious lounges, our clubby private cigar bar linked to our beautiful roof top garden with special Bridal Gazebo. Our intimate choice of ballrooms with floor to ceiling windows and a great reputation for beautifully crafted menus.
Your comments are much appreciated by our service teams and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best Regards

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stayed here last year (am new to trip advisor so only putting review up now) This place was an absolute disgrace. So much so that when we complained the manager refused to come to see us.
We left before the end of our stay, and rang to speak to the manager Ian, only to be told that he had since left and that their Accounts Manager or some bull had taken over. When we spoke to this joker he offered us a bottle of wine if we were to return! Would never set foot in the place in my life. Think Faulty Towers without the humour.

Staff were incredibly rude and badly trained. Our rooms was filthy. There was a load of messing about trying to charge drinks to our room, we were even followed from the Restaurant to the bar with a drink bill of 3 euro!

The Spa was closed when we arrived despite me being told it was open when I had booked the room! The room stank of smoke. The service at the bar during the day was terrible, it looked as if the person in the restaurant was the only one serving in the bar and kept running back and forth between the bar and restaurant. It took us about 15 minutes to have someone come and get us coffees.

There was a funeral party in the bar one of the nights. A big bar room brawl ensued and punches were thrown etc The bar manager completely ignored it as if it never happened and we had to retire to our rooms as no longer felt safe in the bar.. Which was a disaster as there was no where else to go. That's when we decided to leave.

I would hate anyone to go here expecting 4 star luxury, it is more like a travelodge with bad service, bad staff, bad management and a bad attitude. Completely ruined our few days away. They don't give a damn about their guests, I could not believe they did nothing about a fight in the bar and continued serving drink to these drunks thus compromising the safety of hotel guests.

Room Tip: Book a room in an alternative hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank DoCiHa
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay in our Hotel. I am not sure when you stayed in our Hotel as you do not mention it in your review.
We pride ourselves on our excellent reputation and service delivery but it would appear that we failed to deliver this on the occasion of your stay.
I would be grateful if you would contact me so we can discuss in detail the service issues you encountered.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I will never forget my stay at this 'hotel'. Myself and a few girls arrived to celebrate my long anticipated hen night. Firstly, it took three people to check us in, they never told us where breakfast would be or what time. The leisure centre was nice if you like ice baths. This wasn't the real problem though. We had our meal in the restaurant booked for 6, as we had a cocktail class booked for 7.30. As I had a hummer booked as a surprise into town for 9 we wanted to stay on schedule. It took the waitress 25 mins to take our order for dinner. One person asked for a starter which eventually came. I asked a waiter how long the mains would be as we had a class at 7.30. They thought we'd already had the cocktail class!! He said a couple of mins but then the food didn'r arrive for another half an hour!! This was at 7.30. I asked for some vinegar for my chips. The waitress walked by four times, no sign of the vinegar and finally brought it after I had finished my meal. Not even an apology. To top it all off when I asked to speak to a manager I was left standing there and no one came. I went to reception where I found one who was all mouth and no action. He showed us to where the cocktail class was but then never came back to let me know what was happening about our awful restaurant expereince. The cocktail class was very good (although they could have a better selection of drinks) and we enjoyed this, even though it was cut short by all the delays. When the bill came I asked about the meal and class and I was told by both barmen that the bill covered the meal and included the cocktail class, I double checked and was reassured. So the next morning when trying to settle the bill I was shocked to see an extra 200 EURO on the bill. Apparently class was not paid for. I mean honestly, they couldn't have organised a p*ss up in a brewery between the lot of em'!! We ended up having to pay extra. I would NEVER EVER visit this hotel again!! It's not even fit to be a 2 star!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel altogether!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tara O

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay in our Hotel. We pride ourselves on our service delivery and we obviously did not live up to expectation on this occasion.
I would be grateful if you would contact me and we could discuss this further.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

If you are travelling with children this hotel is perfect for you .We stayed withour two children and we were given a more than spacious room. The hotel has a fabulose leisure center and spa treatment rooms. So dad can take the kids swimming while if your like me i lingered in the jaccuzi after a lovely massage that was on special offer . Supervalu supermarket is attached to part of the building and makes for extremely easy accsess to supplies that you may need while staying . I recommend three night stop over try to get the dinner included as the food is amazing . Enjoy your trip.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank belone
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to to give us a review on Trip Advisor.I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the Hotel extremely good value for money.. Thank you for all your kind words the team will be glad to recieve your praise.
We do hope we encourage you to visit Co Kildare again and especially the Westgrove Hotel .For great things to do in Co Kildare check out www.intokildare.ie
.We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Jerry Russell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clane
10.9 km away
Celbridge Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Celbridge
11.8 km away
Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK