6,551 results
All reviewsred levelbali bedscafe soleilpuerto ricobeautiful resortprivate poolwet barmain poolpuerto rican restaurantrented a cargarden viewbutler serviceswim up barold san juanel yunque rainforestocean frontlounge chairs
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing time in Puerto Rico. The resort is very safe and secluded area of Rio Grande. Restaurant was great, but very Americano. We wanted more of the island flavors and authentic food. Customer service was okay, not the best. The walking distance to our room was rough and we weren’t allowed any guest. Our local family was not allowed to visit without paying for them to enter. It was a hassle! Will not recommend this hotel for Military Families traveling to meet up in PR. We as Miltary families need something more convenient and conducive for our family. Thank you

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank magda s
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I tried to contact the hotel several times about the bed bugs and we never heard from them! The restaurants were good however the pools were quiet. However I would not recommend because the hotel did not handle the situation correctly. Me and my mother were not sure why so many bites as we used repellant every day so we asked a doctor when we got back and he suggested they looked like bed bug bites. Never heard from Melia.

Stayed: September 2017
12  Thank Mari1230
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I went with my family and had a great time! We had a lot of small trips planned so we didn’t stay in the resort. However the place is beautiful! Pools and rooms are very clean. The breakfast is amazingly delicious and the staff was very friendly. We did not use the beach, we opted for the pools instead.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed 22 January 2018

The hotel was nice, only problem is checking in takes very long even though we have existing reservation. I also do not like the different breakfast place for different customers. Since everyone paid the same, there should not be restrictions on who can go to which restaurant for breakfast.

Stayed: July 2017
4  Thank Anil S
Reviewed 6 December 2017

This is a beautiful place and the online pics will put a smile on your face. . big pool but it lacks alot of services. I stayed in the red level suite but it was not worth it. Food and contacting the front desk for services is a major issue. No call back from no one. I mean management knows that there is an issue but has focused on customer volume. If you are traveling with small children this may not be the best hotel unless you would like to wait and walk far for everything. If you are with children make sure you get a room closest to the pool because this place is big and half the time you will be walking far to your room. (don't forget anything in your room) The trolleys they have wont stop for you because they are after new incoming guests. If you are single with friends and hiking this may work because is close to the rainforest and other restaurants 10 minutes away. But do not expect any rapid service to fulfill your request. Beware of offered hotel credits: The hotel credits they offer over the phone cannot be used in just one place they are broken down by dates and restaurants. This means that they wnt you to spend more in order for the credits to kick in. If you do not use them you lose them. I never got to use mines and it's a hassle to talk to anyone to help you. I hope they change this practice. Do not be fooled the restaurants in this place are expensive and it looks like managements knows they have short handed staff. I paid for the Red lounge suite & services but that system they have in place does not work. You won't feel any special or better and your off with a regular room. I contacted Ruben the hotel manager at the time of my stay and I am reasonable but he never returned my call after many attempts by VM and his staff. The price is what get's you in but do not expect anything else from this place.

Stayed: July 2017