My husband and I stayed at this resort for our anniversary. After reading all of the reviews i must say I was nervous. However after finally arriving at the resort after the 45 minute ride from the San Juan airport, i was presently surprised. The resort is beautiful and has a very relaxing atmosphere. The staff were also very friendly and everyone spoke english. We were completly caught off gaurd when after checking in the clerk asked for an additional $400 ( which they say is for incidentals). We had no idea they would charge $100 a night to our reservation. Be careful for those hidden fees. Everything is "charged to the room" and if you are not careful we could end up with a very expensive bill. Also the taxes are a whopping 23%.
Our room smelled of mildew and when I asked the bell man he said all the rooms smelled like that. After checking the vents, we found the filters were beyond filthy. Of course we called the front desk however no one ever came.
The food at the resturants is not the best and can be very expensive. the Asian resturant was the best and most reasonable.
I would have to agree the cafe in the middle of the pool is very slow. They even served a friend of ours wings that were still frozen in the center. They just replaced the order without so much as an apology.
Overall the grounds are breathtaking, the beach is okay for loudging but for the money, stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an idyllic location on Puerto Rico's northeastern coast in Coco Beach, Rio Grande, Melia coco beach Puerto Rico brings the privacy and exclusivity you deserve and allows you the opportunity to escape from the rest of the world. From the moment you step inside this tropical oasis, you will be enveloped by the beauty and grandeur of Melia coco beach Puerto Rico. Boasting a world-class YHI spa, the nearby International Golf Club and the best pool on the island with four integrated whirlpools, Melia Puerto Rico is the place to live the true resort experience in Puerto Rico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Melia Hotels APAC and Prestigia so you can book your Melia Coco Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Golf Resort Puerto Rico Hotel Rio Grande
- Gran Melia Rio Grande
- Sol Melia Rio Grande
- Paradisus Puerto Rico
- Melia Coco Beach Puerto Rico/Rio Grande