The room was fine but the bathroom smelled moldy. The service was non-existent and the restaurants were mediocre and not worth the money. Breakfast buffet was $22/person a day but b/c of our online booking deal, we got it for half price and it was still too much to pay.
The beach has no bar service and it is located at the end of a peninsula which can be a bit windy. Also, there are no bathrooms near the beach/pool. You have to go back through the lobby. Completely not worth the money. We rented a car and spent as much time away from the resort as we could. Very, very disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an idyllic location on Puerto Rico's northeastern coast in Coco Beach, Rio Grande, Melia coco beach Puerto Rico brings the privacy and exclusivity you deserve and allows you the opportunity to escape from the rest of the world. From the moment you step inside this tropical oasis, you will be enveloped by the beauty and grandeur of Melia coco beach Puerto Rico. Boasting a world-class YHI spa, the nearby International Golf Club and the best pool on the island with four integrated whirlpools, Melia Puerto Rico is the place to live the true resort experience in Puerto Rico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Melia Hotels APAC, HotelQuickly, Booking.com, Agoda and Prestigia so you can book your Melia Coco Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Golf Resort Puerto Rico Hotel Rio Grande
- Gran Melia Rio Grande
- Sol Melia Rio Grande
- Paradisus Puerto Rico
- Melia Coco Beach Puerto Rico/Rio Grande