“Best shore dive spot in Grand Cayman”
Review of Sundivers

Sundivers
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We spent a week diving in Grand Cayman and visiting friends. We started with some boat dives and assessed the diving as okay. However, upon a recommendation of a friend, we head out to Macabuca (restaurant) and did some shore dives with SunDivers based at the restaurant. Boy, I wished we had discovered this earlier! The diving was just AMAZING!!! Scuba Steve was very helpful in setting us up and at $12.50 a tank and weights - you can't go wrong. Easy entry into the water and from start to finish - the sea life was just overwhelming. We spotted 4 different types of eels (one was waiting for us on our swim back in) and loads of trunk fish. We had only planned on doing one shore dive, but after that, we had to go for a second after our surface interval. Easy entry just at the bottom of the restaurant. Once we were done, we could settle in for a delightful lunch at the restaurant.

3  Thank Cheriedam
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

Over the holidays we did a lot of daytime scuba diving and decided to add a night dive up at the Turtle Farm. We went with a local dive operator who provided a guide, and we used the facilities of Sundivers. Sundivers has a great location right by the Cracked Conch Restaurant and Macabuca's. You literally walk through the outdoor bar/eating area of Macabuca's to get to the ladder. They also have a nice area for setting up.

The weather was perfect for a December night dive, so unfortunately the dive facility was hopping. Although our group was only 6 people, there were at least 40 people going diving that evening. We waited to let other groups in first. The descent is down a short ladder into a small cove. The water was very calm, but I could see this being a tricky entry with a bigger swell. After grouping in the cove, we descended about 5' - 10' and headed out to the mini-wall through a deep groove on the rock. After a short swim we arrived at the mini-wall and descended. At first all the lights made it look a bit like JFK airport at night, but we were able to swim away from the traffic. Lots of great things to see -- almost none of which I could see very well (I am definitely getting a prescription mask for the next trip!). However, my kids tell me they saw a lot of cool stuff -- a large crab (I did manage to see that), an octopus (this was pointed out to me -- still not sure if I really saw it though) shrimp. There is an outdoor shower to rinse off afterwards, and if you feel like staying for a drink or a snack you can stay right there.