“My favourite!”
Review of La Vieille Poste

La Vieille Poste
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

When my family was staying in this resort we ate here twice. It was definitely my favourite. The service and the food I could not fault. We had the lunch time menu once it was a posh cottage pie. The second more of a German meal pork four ways with sauerkraut. Every time you get a selection of deserts to try. I would book if I was you, that way you want miss out. I would definitely recommend, best restaurant in the area.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We visited this restaurant twice and had the menu of the day at lunchtime for 16 Euros. They were excellent, the service very attentive.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our first visit to La Vieille Poste. The food was excellent quality with some unusual choices compared to other local restaurants which made a welcome change. Octopus in Val Cenis - now that's posh! Traditional Savoie meals were also available. It made a nice change to dine somewhere different. The restaurant was lively and very popular indeed - we are pretty sure we were the only English in the whole place! We personally felt that the bright lighting was a little stark - a few soft lamps wouldn't go amiss to soften the atmosphere. The staff were pleasant although a little stiff and stuffy but having said that, we felt this was because the food was high end and therefore the staff had been trained accordingly. Be prepared to spend a bit more than usual but I think you'll feel it's well worth the extra euros. A great experience and would do again.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We stayed here 4 years ago when the Polish family had just taken over and came back to stay as it was so good. The rooms are not huge but really clean and facilities are good. the food is really nice and this time 2 of us had the Polish menu which was excellent. good value for money

Reviewed 20 February 2017

This restaurant primarily feeds the hotel guests but keeps a few tables for outsiders. You need to reserve a table to be sure to eat there. The staff is nice and fast. The food is very good.